Thread: SR & Flexing

The Patient

SR & Flexing

Trying to understand just how they can give you less points for flexing if your team needs healer or tank. If I play tank or healer then I get less points if we win, I lose more points if we lose. If I play DPS, I get more points if we win, lose less points if we lose. How is this supposed to make people play what the team needs?

This is why they are planning to make Diamond and above not account for personal performance. Although it would make sense in a typical FPS, I agree it doesn't encourage the right behaviour in a game about situational swapping. Hopefully they eventually expand it to all ranks but it's a toss up.

Personal performance should be EVERYTHING that gives or take SR. At least if you solo queue. If you solo queue you should only be queued with other solo queuers. Losing a game but playing like a God, should actually even possibly result in a minor gain in SR!

The problem is how to calculate how good someone performed. Only go by gold medals and stats? There is so much more to Overwatch than that. There can be people, who don't have a single medal who can actually be the best player on the map.

The game need a system who calculate how good a player actually plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Personal performance should be EVERYTHING that gives or take SR. At least if you solo queue. If you solo queue you should only be queued with other solo queuers. Losing a game but playing like a God, should actually even possibly result in a minor gain in SR!

The problem is how to calculate how good someone performed. Only go by gold medals and stats? There is so much more to Overwatch than that. There can be people, who don't have a single medal who can actually be the best player on the map.

The game need a system who calculate how good a player actually plays.
    The problem with that is that if I join a group and the other 5 players don't want to play a tank/healer, I'll have to to not completely gimp our team, and if I'm not used to do it, I'll perform poorly. For trying to help the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    The problem with that is that if I join a group and the other 5 players don't want to play a tank/healer, I'll have to to not completely gimp our team, and if I'm not used to do it, I'll perform poorly. For trying to help the team.
    Everyone should learn to flex.
    Things to laugh at:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    The choice of what your sexual orientation is is not a civil right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    Im pretty sure you're one of those who accused people of sexual harassment for no other reason than eleminating competition in your workspace.