10+ Year Old Account

Thoughts on new meta

Since I haven't seen much discussion about this yet I thought I'd start off a discussion about the new meta and decks we are all playing and decks we despise.

I have seen a lot of spell hunter. While it seems like a good deck I may not be seeing the full brunt of it as the deck I've been playing most seems to have a good matchup against it.

That deck is the infinite or recruit druid deck with astral tigers, grizzled guardians, etc. I've seen several versions of this deck. It seems to win against control in fatigue due to infinite astral tigers. Aggro is a bit dicey if you draw bad and can't keep their board clear though. My worst matchup seems to be handbuff paladin.

Speaking of handbuff paladin they seem stupid strong I'd if they get both grimestreet dudes in their opening hand...which seems to be 90% of the ones I've fought. They run out of steam fast though so as long as you survive the initial onslaught you seem fine.

I've seen several aluneth mages...and the only one ive lost to was one who pulled an 8 mana pyro out of a glyph and then top decked another pyro 2 turns later. Most of the time when i see them drop the weapon it's alright gg...have fun fatigueing yourself whilst I armor up now.

Any other decks people have been seeing or playing and want to talk about?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    I've seen several aluneth mages...and the only one ive lost to was one who pulled an 8 mana pyro out of a glyph and then top decked another pyro 2 turns later. Most of the time when i see them drop the weapon it's alright gg...have fun fatigueing yourself whilst I armor up now.
    I use Aluneth in my tempo mage deck. Its a midgame hand refill to prepare for Medivh. Many people think as you do - "he's fucking himself with draw" - so they let me get Medivh out with a nice fat hand full of cards

I'll also play it without Medivh in hand if my hand size is three or less. Tempo Mage can comfortably play enough cards for a few turns while waiting, without burning.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really played too much ranked since release as I've been enjoying the dungeon runs, but I've done just enough to get my quests done each day. Those quests were hunter/secret ones which I played a spell hunter to try it out (my free legendary) and I made a recruit druid. Its funny that those are the two new ones you mentioned as I didn't even look up any metas. I just saw what cards I got and figured, hey this seems like it will be fun.

I've encountered a LOT of recruit warlocks and Dragon priests so far. That one dragon card that's a 3/3 that if you are holding a dragon does 3 damage to everything is rough. Like I said though, I like the dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I use Aluneth in my tempo mage deck. Its a midgame hand refill to prepare for Medivh. Many people think as you do - "he's fucking himself with draw" - so they let me get Medivh out with a nice fat hand full of cards

I'll also play it without Medivh in hand if my hand size is three or less. Tempo Mage can comfortably play enough cards for a few turns while waiting, without burning.
    Maybe I've just been seeing the bad mages then. Every single one I've played had played Medivh and I've dealt with them THEN played aluenth into fatigue. I run double naturalize in my deck b/c druid usually has issues dealing with fatties and most aluenth mages I've fought have fatigued themselves after going face with spells and then me armoring up with oaken summons, branching paths, and DK malf.