Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    As do I. I won't see a movie for weeks to ensure low volume of people. There will always been that one pair, at least, that feels that they need to talk the whole time.
    Is this an American thing? I've gone to cinemas my whole life without experiencing this, and I always try to go at the busiest hours.

Deleted
    What if it's a family emergency? That trumps everyone else in the theater, fuck those people.

However, I have it on vibrate n would only answer once outside room n if anyone has a problem with that then they can go n eat a bag of dicks.
    Family, job etc doesn't stop being important cuz of some goddamn movie.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i hate ppl with switching phones on the theater

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Is this an American thing? I've gone to cinemas my whole life without experiencing this, and I always try to go at the busiest hours.
    Possibly. I haven't gone to a theater in another country. Could just be my area as well.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    Ya my theater actually has someone watching. No warning, you get caught you're out.

I LOVE IT
    a bit like the mods on mmo-c!! lol (the bloke is banned btw)
    but i agree, people with their phones on should get kicked out.

I turn off my phone. If you use your phone in front of me I will kick your seat until you ask why and then i'll give you shit.

If I can't kick you because you're an aisle or two ahead, I will throw things at you.

If I can't reach you, I will narc you out to the theatre staff.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just mute it during a movie and won't touch it.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    That's funny because before the movie starts Alamo always has a warning that you'll be kicked out if you're caught using your phone. Sounds like she might have shown up late but they also tell you when you buy a ticket to show up 30 minutes early. Sounds like she has a hard time following rules. Also sounded like she stayed long enough to have a few beers.

It's a bright light in a dark hall, where distraction from the attraction is the last thing you want. People like that are the reason I wish I could perform Force choke.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't been to the actual theater in over a year, no I don't turn off my cell, I just put it on vibrate and wouldn't answer it unless it was an emergency and then I would take it outside.

In general it doesn't bother me if other people are on their phone as long as it's text I suppose, but I have never seen any even do that, I can see why some might not be able to turn off their phone, say like parents or a doctor or something incase of an emergency, but as i said vibrate and take it outside.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So was watching star wars last night at the theater and I noticed that at least 4 people in the rows in front of me were messing with their phones for about half the movie. I find this annoying and rude. I turn my phone off when the movie starts.

Do you turn your phone off for movies?
    I don't turn it off but I sure as hell am not messing with my phone while watching the movie...it costs money to see a movie so I'm sure as hell not going to waste by screwing around on my phone...I'm there to watch the movie, not do something I could do any time anywhere for free.