Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    "We are working closely with the Crown Prosecution Service and keeping in close contact with the victim whilst this process takes place."
    So who is the victim they are going to keep in close contact with? The woman making a false rape claim or the poor bastard who went through 2 years of hell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I think I'm done here, it's pretty clear that you're not interested in talking about facts and reality.
    I was following your exchange with this poster and, throughout it, I had a feeling it was gonna end with "rape culture".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aya L View Post
    Additional evidence, such as?
    Someone should not be convicted and sentenced solely on the testimony of a single individual.

It's an excellent case to highlight the discrimination that men face. Even when innocent, if they're accused of sexual assault their name and face can be smeared all over the news - yet it is incredibly rare to see the name and face of those who make false accusations receive the same treatment. The poor guy's life will have been ruined completely, since even though he is innocent the stigma that surrounds such accusations can drive wedges between friends and family members that can never truly be prepared...and if he applies for a job in the future a search of his name will reveal everything he has been through, potentially leading to it all being dragged up again.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.itv.com/news/2017-12-15/u...ail-collapses/

Something I thought people here would find interesting
    Common problem with police investigators around the world. They think their instincts are always right and discard any evidence that doesn't support their first notions. Heck, a lot of forensic tools whose results are used in court don't have a scientific basis to them either.

They're difficult to prosecute because people working in law enforcement have stereotypes about victims and how victims behave. If you don't show signs of being traumatized enough for their stereotype then they don't believe you even if you were raped.
    This is one of the dumbest posts I have seen on here. And that takes some doing. Do you honestly believe this? Rape is difficult to prove...because it often boils down to one persons word against another. You don't see why this doesn't constitute solid evidence? Don't get me wrong- this means that many monsters have gotten away with terrible crimes, however, if an accusation is enough to convict someone, then the pendulum swings too far in the opposite direction. But to suggest that stereotypes are the reason....really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

The moment I heard "listen and believe" for the first time, I knew we were in for a glorious future.

if someone tried to send me 40,000 texts they would be blocked after about 100 and that's assuming they were some insanely hot chick i was banging at the time, even 100 might be too high... i mean it might be okay is the texts are just "dtf?" or something but 40k sounds like too much reading or too many emojis.

Yes, I'm sure.

- - - Updated - - -

We have our very own Lundsberg here in Sweden where sexual assault was part of the hazing.
    And links to back that up?

4 pages and people still behaving like the 40 000 texts were between the "victim" and the "victim"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    4 pages and people still behaving like the 40 000 texts were between the "victim" and the "victim"...
    Yup.

I suppose people need this in big block letters. THE GIRL TEXTED HER FRIENDS OVER 40 000 TIMES SAYING SHE WAS PESTERING THE GUY FOR SEX AND TOLD HER FRIENDS SHE LIKED THE SEX.

Pretty fucking simple, can nobody read?