Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is the flash faster than Nightcrawler

So was watching thenerdist on youtube and came upon his because science video about whether or not the flash can run faster than nightcrawler and teleport. What do you guys think? Which one is faster?

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

depends on how far nightcrawler can teleport, Im not aware of his power potential like I am with the flash, but if he can teleport across galaxies then obviously teleport would win.

Flash can run around earth multiple times in a second so anything sort of galaxy travel would fall short.

More news at 10

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on whether or not Nightcrawlers teleportation is actually instant. If there's a slight delay, then over short distances Flash could win, but the longer the distance the longer Flash takes, albeit slightly, while Nightcrawlers time remains the same.

flash is literally fast enough to go back in time. So he can get to a destination years before nightcrawler even is born.

Getting from point a to b, Nightcrawler is faster, in terms of the actual movement, Flash, hands down.

Didn't some version of the flash beat a guy to the other side of the universe who could teleport there in a instant?
    Last edited by Rumred; 2017-07-26 at 09:15 PM.

Isn't Nightcrawler's teleport limited in some way by what he can see and/or visualize? Otherwise he'd end up in a wall?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-resurrection
    The farthest Nightcrawler has ever teleported has only ever been 400 miles or so, and that was a very special circumstance.

He usually has a range around 2 miles.

Post Rez
    Nightcrawler now has a range of up to 7,900 miles (from the UAE to Antartica), though it could be possibly farther, this is just the distance he's shown.

So old nightcrawler, or new nightcrawler?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a ridiculous argument. And not just because Marvel v. DC.

1> the Flash can run through time. Nightcrawler can't. So the Flash can cross the finish line yesterday, which is obviously sooner than any time today.

2> Nightcrawler's teleport isn't instantaneous. He travels through another dimension so quickly he can't consciously register it, but it still takes time. The Flash is stupidly fast.

3> Dude assumes light speed is the Flash's cap. This is wrong. He can go faster. WAY faster.

4> The Flash raced a teleporter back to Earth from the edge of the known universe, back in 2009. As in, the dude was teleporting straight to earth, not skip-teleporting hundreds of miles at a time. He beat him back. Because, again, stupidly, impossibly fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Isn't Nightcrawler's teleport limited in some way by what he can see and/or visualize? Otherwise he'd end up in a wall?
    He has a limited "spatial awareness" mutant ability that prevents him from teleporting into objects in his immediate vicinity, but it diminshes the greater distance he tele's.
    He prefers to only teleport (at distance) to places he's seen and can visualize.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is a ridiculous argument. And not just because Marvel v. DC.

1> the Flash can run through time. Nightcrawler can't. So the Flash can cross the finish line yesterday, which is obviously sooner than any time today.

2> Nightcrawler's teleport isn't instantaneous. He travels through another dimension so quickly he can't consciously register it, but it still takes time. The Flash is stupidly fast.

3> Dude assumes light speed is the Flash's cap. This is wrong. He can go faster. WAY faster.

4> The Flash raced a teleporter back to Earth from the edge of the known universe, back in 2009. As in, the dude was teleporting straight to earth, not skip-teleporting hundreds of miles at a time. He beat him back. Because, again, stupidly, impossibly fast.
    Yeah, Flash is super boring. Wish they hadn't done all that "hurr durr he's even faster than light!" crap later on in the stories and made him something akin to superman, i.e not interesting because he's too powerful. We won't even get into how he could race from the "edge of the known universe" under his own power in the first place (Oh wait! The writers decided it was a special parallel dimension, so he COULD run the whole time! Of course *eyeroll*)

Bleh.
    Last edited by Phookah; 2017-07-26 at 09:59 PM.

I forget which, but Nightcrawler also has difficulty teleporting along either longitudinal or latitudinal lines.

He's also range limited, and can tire out after teleporting so many consecutive times.

But then "fastest", to me, doesn't just mean time of travel distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    Didn't some version of the flash beat a guy to the other side of the universe who could teleport there in a instant?
    Not only that but, Flash is faster than time, faster than death, faster than absolute erasure of sentience/everything.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Love the Nerdist videos, but he is wrong in this case

The Flash has run much much faster than the speed of light, and has outrun universe spanning teleportation in the past. In fact he was able to run across the universe and run to every radio on the planet to set it to a specific frequency faster than the time it took to instantly teleport. Then again, its a comic book so a little suspension of disbelief is required lol.

References:

http://imgur.com/a/99zgz
    http://i.imgur.com/AGTSout.png

The winner is whoever that particular story needs to be...

That said, there are teleporters in DC, right? Obviously there are speedsters in Marvel, so why not make Quicksilver vs Nightcrawler, something that may have actually happened?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Yeah, Flash is super boring. Wish they hadn't done all that "hurr durr he's even faster than light!" crap later on in the stories and made him something akin to superman, i.e not interesting because he's too powerful. We won't even get into how he could race from the "edge of the known universe" under his own power in the first place (Oh wait! The writers decided it was a special parallel dimension, so he COULD run the whole time! Of course *eyeroll*)

Bleh.
    It's a problem in general with DC, IMO. They power up their guys so ridiculously high that you can't fight them. So then they get an equally-powered baddie.

Even Batman suffers from this a bit, with the whole "I'm smarter than everyone forever and already planned for everything fuck you" plot armor.

Marvel's key success is ensuring that each hero is weak, in some significant way. Spider-man lacks confidence. Iron-man has control issues. Thor's arrogant. Hulk is, well, Hulk. Etc.

DC heroes only "weaknesses" are usually the specific thing that enemies can use against them. Kryptonite, for all the Kryptonians. Yellow stuff/wood, for Green Lantern. Other speedsters, for the Flash. They don't have real weaknesses character-wise, so one has to be invented, rather than integral to the character.

Not that Marvel hasn't had stinkers or DC hasn't had great storylines, but I generally prefer Marvel. As someone once put it, DC is about gods that want to be men. Marvel is about men who might become gods.

It's a problem in general with DC, IMO. They power up their guys so ridiculously high that you can't fight them. So then they get an equally-powered baddie.

Even Batman suffers from this a bit, with the whole "I'm smarter than everyone forever and already planned for everything fuck you" plot armor.

Marvel's key success is ensuring that each hero is weak, in some significant way. Spider-man lacks confidence. Iron-man has control issues. Thor's arrogant. Hulk is, well, Hulk. Etc.

DC heroes only "weaknesses" are usually the specific thing that enemies can use against them. Kryptonite, for all the Kryptonians. Yellow stuff/wood, for Green Lantern. Other speedsters, for the Flash. They don't have real weaknesses character-wise, so one has to be invented, rather than integral to the character.

Not that Marvel hasn't had stinkers or DC hasn't had great storylines, but I generally prefer Marvel. As someone once put it, DC is about gods that want to be men. Marvel is about men who might become gods.
    This is exactly why I prefer Marvel over DC.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So was watching thenerdist on youtube and came upon his because science video about whether or not the flash can run faster than nightcrawler and teleport. What do you guys think? Which one is faster?

the flash is fast enough to stop nightcrawler from teleporting.

DC's strength are their villains and my opinion a story is only as good as it's main antagonist.
    Last edited by ati87; 2017-07-27 at 06:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not real

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    DC's strength are their villains and my opinion is a story is only as good as it's main antagonist.
    Really, that boils down to a tiny handful. The Joker is iconic. But for every Joker, there's a Calendar Man.