Poll: BGs at launch or not?

BGs @ launch or not?

Ok so this is kind of an important aspect of Vanilla WoW to me. I really enjoyed World PvP before patch 1.5 and would like an opportunity to experience that again. So I'm just curious how the rest of the community feels and maybe that would give me an idea if its worth coming back to classic WoW.

I really doubt they do a staggered patch for classic so I assume all BG's available in classic will be available at launch. Personally I'd prefer it this way. I still had lots of experience having world PVP even when BGs were available.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would absolutely LOVE the idea of the first few months PvP players we're "forced" to W-PvP instead of battlegrounds just as it was in vanilla after launch, It only makes sense and so so many adore/speak of that time prior to BG's being added besides it'd only be temporary.

Very much doubt I'll bother PvPing beyond rank 3 unless they overhaul the system so for me I'm not fussed. Av on release is a nice accelerator for hitting 60 XPwise but its by no means the only path.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Don't put them in at launch. Let people do some Southshore vs Tarren Mill for a while.

They should be introduced a few months after the first players reach 60.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Very much doubt I'll bother PvPing beyond rank 3 unless they overhaul the system so for me I'm not fussed. Av on release is a nice accelerator for hitting 60 XPwise but its by no means the only path.
    On E I maintain Rank 4 through just a few kills a week. It's easy to get to rank 6-7. From 9 and up it starts requiring some work.

AV provides with some really strong items in the form of rep rewards and the Ice Barbed Spear quest. It should be released like it was back in the day, after Molten Core.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Don't put them in at launch. Let people do some Southshore vs Tarren Mill for a while.

They should be introduced a few months after the first players reach 60.

- - - Updated - - -

On E I maintain Rank 4 through just a few kills a week. It's easy to get to rank 6-7. From 9 and up it starts requiring some work.

AV provides with some really strong items in the form of rep rewards and the Ice Barbed Spear quest. It should be released like it was back in the day, after Molten Core.
    IBS is lovely if its viable for your class or spec fine otherwise its like, a tidy 13 gold or something. I don't think it will require any attention to get to rank 3 for the discount; I just feel the good rewards after that point come from rank 11 onwards, and the time commitment to hit rank 11 just for said rewards... probably easier to found, recruit and manage a 40 man guild (in terms of time commitment) and loot council yourself better rewards from the raids than grind PVP as much as it takes :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    After BGs get added, Tarren Mill vs Southshore ends and it is just a safe space for gankers