Nostalrius did it right, so why are we arguing?

I'm just saying... if Nostalrius had close to 500k accounts before it got shut down and 250k+ petition signatures as a result of its shutdown, why would we not consider using their model for a successful classic WoW launch? I'm not saying we should follow it to a T, but there are too many people weighing in their opinions on what "they think is best" for classic WoW when really they are just promoting their own self-interests. Nostalrius was selfless, they sacrificed a lot to make it a great experience for hundreds of thousands of players.

All I'm saying is, lets use their model as a foundation and go from there. Nostalrius wasn't perfect but they did a lot of things right and thats why it had such a reaction when it got shut down by Blizzard. Blizzard recognized this and here we are now trying to "reinvent the wheel" when it was already working 2 years ago.

maybe cuz there are better ways to do it?

Nostalrius did it the only way they could.. cuz they didnt have the resourced to do in in any other way

Blizzard on the other hand can pull out anything if they wanted to

in my honest opinion starting in 1.12 patch isnt the best experience

also Nostalrius had more than 500k accounts

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    In other words, they shouldn't even do that what they did because it's not theirs.
    they should do whatever the fuck they want.. they didnt care about the possibility of blizzard shutting it down and they did it just because they love the game

and guess what, it fucking worked

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Nostalrius is not good enough to be a paid product. Sure when it is free there's no problem but the quality never really reached retail levels. Also the worst part of private servers is that they are stuck with some patch.

There are plenty of threads discussing Classic and its implementation. No need to make a new one.

Closing.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis