If you are a true Classic Purist then you can not play on your current PC.

Since these "purist" keep making comments and raging about the most small changes some may want to the classic servers. They clearly don't realize they are not "purist" at all.

Unless you are playing the classic server on a Pentium III/IV computer and 1GB-2GB of DDR ram while running on Windows 2000/XP then you are not the purist you claim to be.

Edit: Also you will have little addon support and can only use addon's that worked back then.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

More importantly, play on a single 4x3 monitor , no dual monitors.

LOOOOOL. Every time I'd go to Ironforge (the true Alliance capital in Vanilla imo), my computer would lag so hard I'd end up falling in the pit below the bridges. Getting to the AH or the Bank was a nightmare. I spent most of my time in the PVP area anyway.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    If i download enough viruses/malware to slow my computer down to 2006 levels can i be considered a "purist" then?
    Ily mmoc

Quote Originally Posted by Talsar View Post
    If i download enough viruses/malware to slow my computer down to 2006 levels can i be considered a "purist" then?
    Nope sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brohez View Post
    More importantly, play on a single 4x3 monitor , no dual monitors.
    You could dual monitor back then so its fine
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nope sorry.

/10char
    Ily mmoc

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    LOOOOOL. Every time I'd go to Ironforge (the true Alliance capital in Vanilla imo), my computer would lag so hard I'd end up falling in the pit below the bridges. Getting to the AH or the Bank was a nightmare. I spent most of my time in the PVP area anyway.
    And that's when someone suggested upgrading from 0.5 to 1 gig of RAM.
    Lol, those memories.

I agree. You should play on a PC that lags during raids, or you should have to pay several hundred dollars the incur the financial burden that was Old School raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    And that's when someone suggested upgrading from 0.5 to 1 gig of RAM.
    Lol, those memories.
    Man I remember when I upgraded to 1GB of Ram back in the day. I was sooo happy LOL.

7+ Year Old Account
    I kept my old computer just for this day, hoping it would come! Can't wait to break out my Pentium 4 Northwood system again!

Nah man.

Windows 98 or no deal.

And yes WoW did used to run on Windows 98/ME.

I'll need to get rid of my broadband and get DSL back as well

I'm gonna attempt to chemically induce amnesia so that the experience will be new, if you don't you're not a purist and can go play retail, classic obviously isn't for you :P

Deleted
    Just made a account to show my amazement for your dedication for this website.
    According to your avatar thingy your profile is 5 years old. Thats 1865 days in total.
    According to your avatar again, you have typed 29.978 posts. 29978/1865 = 16,2 posts pr day for 5 years straight!!

Thats truly amazing, but holy !#!# this post is dumb af.

People who play retail wants the same experience back then not some modified version with QOL changes.

/rant done

This thread is not going to produce a constructive conversation.

Closing
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis