Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Lightforged Shadow Priests and Void Elf Holy Priests make no sense at all. You're infused by these energies so it's literally antithetical to your body/being to use their opposites. Like Alleria and Turalyon can't even touch each other now after their transformations. They just took a huge dump on their own lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    In that case: Where are gnome paladins?
    All the Tauren paladins trod on them at training camp.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

15+ Year Old Account
    I would a-void them, mostly because who wants to play holy when we have disc?

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    What you were before doesn't determine who will be for the rest of your life.

A Void Elf can have a change of heart just like anyone else.

An intense experience like taking on the void physically could even push them further towards the Light.

Them stepping into the Void could have just been the priest looking for answers in their faith.

Physically wielding darkness inside of them can strengthen their convictions, and increase their understanding of the nature of Light and Void being "two halves of the same coin," as we see with Naaru.

The Discipline spec fully embraces using both, and is reflected in faiths like the Cult of Forgotten Shadow which preaches balance and never going too far into one or the other.

A Void Elf may not be able to undo the damage to their body, and may strive their entire life in devout Light worship trying to reverse the process - in a way, atoning for their sin or trying to repent which would be a concept not at all unfamiliar to a priest.
    This sounds like an excuse more than anything else. A holy priest would never venture into the void. Not one that is sane.

Void Elf holy priests exist for gameplay reasons and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddler View Post
    Lightforged Shadow Priests and Void Elf Holy Priests make no sense at all. You're infused by these energies so it's literally antithetical to your body/being to use their opposites. Like Alleria and Turalyon can't even touch each other now after their transformations. They just took a huge dump on their own lore.
    Yeah, but undead priests are ok.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a game, stop trying to restrict people IMO.
    I think pretty much all classes should be playable by all races.

If you want to be a gnome warrior, or a void elf holy priest, or an orc paladin - live your life. The implied story of an orc who chooses to become a paladin is a lot more interesting to me than typecasting paladins as humans/draenei, etc. The implied story of a blood elf holy priest, who then follows Alleria and accepts the Void into themselves - interesting character.

I want a Draenei Rogue with hooves who can RP being clumsy at stealth, but she's really good with daggers and poisons and feels like rogues are her people - even if she struggles to clop up behind her victims: maybe that's why she learned to Shadowstep, or why she uses Grappling Hooks, etc.

Where's the story of the Goblin who decides he's just not like the rest of his people - and travels to Pandaria to become a Monk and do Yoga and meditate all day? But he's still got some of that Goblin materialism in him, and he just can't quite free himself of his material possessions. That's a better story than the 50,000th Panda Monk, who became a Monk because that's just what Panda's do.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

One thing - gameplay reasons. They can't forbid you to play a spec because of a race.

Perfectly fine if... you use the <...the Insane> title.

it's going to be one of the first things i do, once i can make one.

i want to see one use apotheosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It's a game, stop trying to restrict people IMO.
    I think pretty much all classes should be playable by all races.

If you want to be a gnome warrior, or a void elf holy priest, or an orc paladin - live your life. The implied story of an orc who chooses to become a paladin is a lot more interesting to me than typecasting paladins as humans/draenei, etc. The implied story of a blood elf holy priest, who then follows Alleria and accepts the Void into themselves - interesting character.

I want a Draenei Rogue with hooves who can RP being clumsy at stealth, but she's really good with daggers and poisons and feels like rogues are her people - even if she struggles to clop up behind her victims: maybe that's why she learned to Shadowstep, or why she uses Grappling Hooks, etc.

Where's the story of the Goblin who decides he's just not like the rest of his people - and travels to Pandaria to become a Monk and do Yoga and meditate all day? But he's still got some of that Goblin materialism in him, and he just can't quite free himself of his material possessions. That's a better story than the 50,000th Panda Monk, who became a Monk because that's just what Panda's do.
    This... 100% I would love to have some Unique combinations like that, makes for interesting story telling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    This... 100% I would love to have some Unique combinations like that, makes for interesting story telling.
    Yea even without the devs having to write an actual story around it - it implies a more interesting world when you encounter an atypical combination.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Yea even without the devs having to write an actual story around it - it implies a more interesting world when you encounter an atypical combination.
    And.. I started my VElf Holy priest, and she does use the <...the Insane>

You're right Yvaelle. Restrictions need to be removed so we can have a more realistic world.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Should be against TOS.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Allatar View Post
    All the Tauren paladins trod on them at training camp.
    That sound painful, steel spikes in the frog are a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I would a-void them, mostly because who wants to play holy when we have disc?
    Right? Disc is so much better and actually fun while leveling.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Right? Disc is so much better and actually fun while leveling.
    what do you do if there is more than one enemy? :P

Same issue as with the Undead.

Lorewise they're all Shadow but we can't restrict gameplay like that and thusly we have Holy and Discipline Priests.

I especially love the case with Lightforged Priests where it's the other way around.

Nothing quite like being blasphemic and pervert their teachings by walking around as a Shadow Priest! XD

It actually makes more sense for Void Elf Holy Priests than with Undead or Lightforged Draenei.

As a void elf holy priest, you actually wield the light by sucking up the shadow. With devouring the shadow, what remains is pure light. Even Void Elf Paladin would make sense in this case; but maybe this would be a bit too much. Still it makes more sense than a Undead Holy Priest.