Beta Key Giveaway Week 2: Winners have been selected!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Honestly if people are suspended all of them should be suspended, like all accounts. And I'd be surprised if blizz don't start doing just that in the future, after positively id'ing an alt account. And then go to Twitch and YouTube to help enforce it. Like it's us or them, who will you game more money with, a streamer or a big successful company. It's a business.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doNt kNoW wHat PlAyeRs wAnT FoR CHarACteR CrEaTioN MOdelS

  2. #22
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Honestly if people are suspended all of them should be suspended, like all accounts. And I'd be surprised if blizz don't start doing just that in the future, after positively id'ing an alt account. And then go to Twitch and YouTube to help enforce it. Like it's us or them, who will you game more money with, a streamer or a big successful company. It's a business.
    NBA Basketball is NBA Basketball and NFL Football is NFL Football, but in that respect... Is it even ethical to have a league interest in banning a player from Overwatch for thinking a pug is wack and not taking it seriously? That's like Adam Silver trying to ban an NBA player from... well, Basketball. As in, the entire sport, for not taking a pug seriously. Yeah man, even banned from balling at the local the park.

    That's kind of... Out there, isn't it? Keep in mind this was not a suspension from competitive play, but a full game ban.

    What happens if he gets banned? Does he just buy another account? Is there a league punishment for a permanent ban? Does creating a variation of a "sport" give you dominion over it?

    The disciplinary actions taken against XQC open up a lot of interesting questions.

    But for me the biggest question is to players saying he should be actioned by OWL: there was a coach that was fired and excommunicated from the league before the inaugural season even began because he had sex with a woman that hadn't given her consent. But they want a dude who plays this game on a professional level, streams it for a living and is level 1900 or whatever, to not only be banned from the entire "sport" as it were, but to more or less be handed the same rap for... What, not taking a game of pickup seriously?

    I'm pretty sure this is why people hate my generation and think we're so dumb we couldn't change a wheel on a car in 5 minutes if they put a gun to our heads and gave us a jack, a tire iron and an instruction manual.

  3. #23
    No im saying if they are banned from playing Overwatch on one account, then the player should be banned not the account. Announce a change to ToS/EULA, then later change it, then enforce it. Cut out the toxic.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doNt kNoW wHat PlAyeRs wAnT FoR CHarACteR CrEaTioN MOdelS

  4. #24
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,319
    I still don't think he should be full game banned. Not that it makes much of a difference at the moment, but moving in that direction it would be very ridiculous.

    I also want to know where people get this pooh bear and christopher robin disney inspired idea of what it means to be competitive. Michael Jordan is revered as the greatest Basketball player of all time, and you know what? He was an enormous asshole that was obsessed with winning anything and everything.

    He said something to Bill Cartwright that made him threaten to break Jordan's legs if he ever talked to him that way again and Horrace Grant also said that Jordan said many cruel things to him. During scrimmages in the 92-93 season, he was always in Rodney McCray's face telling him he was and always has been a loser. Rodney won a title that year but it was the last season he played. When Robert Parish joined the 96-97 Chicago Bulls, during one of his first practices with the team he found Jordan in his face after botching a play, telling him that he was going to "kick his ass" and he punched Steve Kerr in the face during practice.

    Michael was a notorious and ruthless shit-talker and he effectively ended Mugsy Bogues' career by destroying his confidence in his shot as a result of relentlessly taunting him and mocking him. One time someone beat him at golf by 1 shot so he pestered the guy until he could get a rematch and won the game by 1 shot. He pretended to be friends with Charles Barkley and gave him a diamond earring during the playoffs and when the assistant coach asked why, he responded "he won’t get in my way the rest of the series, what’s $20,000 to me? Charles thinks we’re great friends. I hate that fat fuck." In college, he cheated against a friend's mom in a game of cards. On another occasion, he bet an MTV Reporter's virginity in a game of dice.

    In his Hall of Fame speech he blasted every obstacle in his career with backhanded compliments, explaining that they inspired him to become the great player he was.

    I just don't understand how people think being competitive is always supposed to be this happy thing, because it's not. Many players would attempt to pass judgement on him when scrimming 8 hours daily by itself would burn you out on this game within a week, but this guy actually streams after that. He either has some good meth, addies or he's afking to rip a few fat rails of white lightning if you know what I mean.

    What a crazy mother fucker, how the hell does someone play this game 12 hours a day, every day?
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-12-18 at 06:28 AM.

  5. #25
    Ummm not sure Jordan has to do with this........
    0.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doNt kNoW wHat PlAyeRs wAnT FoR CHarACteR CrEaTioN MOdelS

  6. #26
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,319
    It has everything to do with it. People equate getting angry or being frustrated with being toxic and it's stupid. You're going to get mad at people when they aren't pulling their weight.

    Being competitive is about winning, not people's feelings.

  7. #27
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    It has everything to do with it. People equate getting angry or being frustrated with being toxic and it's stupid. You're going to get mad at people when they aren't pulling their weight.

    Being competitive is about winning, not people's feelings.
    What the shit are you on about? Letting him continue to play on the live game while suspended from the live game for bad behaviour has nothing to do with OWL. The only thing there is that he should be held to higher standards, and that happens anyway because he streams and opens himself up to a lot more scrutiny from the player base.

    If he’s suspended, he should be suspended, not just the account that was sanctioned. Otherwise it’s like getting a driving suspension, but only suspended from driving the car you were caught in. Except arguably more merit in that if the alternative car has much lower performance, unlike an alt account.

  8. #28
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    What the shit are you on about? Letting him continue to play on the live game while suspended from the live game for bad behaviour has nothing to do with OWL. The only thing there is that he should be held to higher standards, and that happens anyway because he streams and opens himself up to a lot more scrutiny from the player base.
    i know people are gonna get mad because they think i'm downplaying it when i say he "just" threw a game using words like "all he did was" etc and i get that because its easy to read 1 thing and fly off the handle, but in that context im talking about OWL. but like i have said in many posts, i am not excusing or condoning his behavior in competitive play, he definitely deserves to be suspended from competitive play and if he continues to break the rules of competitive play, he should be banned just like any other player but people trying to attack his career and position in OWL need to get over themselves. MLG/OWL Overwatch is a sport, the sport XQC plays. Overwatch, however, is just a video game and there are rulesets in place to handle disruptive players and he is being handled.

    so all im saying is he broke the rules in a competitive game, so he should only be suspended from competitive, especially if blizzard were going to go as far as to ban accounts sharing IP addresses and a number of other consistent stats. also that people need to get over the idea that being a competitive player is always this pretty thing about friendship, camaraderie and sportsmanship, because it gets nasty for some people and the whole thing about michael jordan was meant to allude to that - MJ will always be revered as the greatest of all time but he was an absolute psychopath.

    and lastly people are angry about his behavior and talking about how it reflects poorly on the league which is bullshit because competitive play has shit all to do with MLG.

    if you ask me, it is unethical to force any constraints on him outside of of MLG/OWL, especially when he throws 1 game or does 1 little thing and he gets banned and gets to be blizzards little posterboy for the prime example of fuckery and not what to do but it takes blizzard 2 months to ban a guy, with documented evidence, that would snipe him and throw games every day 10 fucking hours a day but XQC gets all the notoriety for typing "fuck you" in a report because thats easy for them since snowflakes are bitching about it on the front page of reddit and now everyone thinks he was "false reporting" when he already played 5 games with that guy getting hard countered and not switching

    blizzard has no ground to stand on and hold him to a higher standard when they can't even do their job in the first place. the whole reason they banned him the first time was so people would figure out they would get banned for false reporting and it didnt work because people did it to fuey500 and stevooo anyway. this was unethical and unprofessional as fuck.

    but im genuinely curious how many of those false reporters those stupid fucking useless cucklords banned because i got my money on them not having the cajones to even send out 24 hour warning bans to every player who reported stevoo and fuey500 without typing an explanation, explaining that it was precautionary discipline to falsified player reports that was too difficult to discern wrong from right in this particular case and that in the future they should write more specific explanations in their reports if they do not want to be punished along with players who are abusing the system.

    so honestly Blizzard can go suck a dick because they look like clowns every time they do some shit to him. their disciplinary team is like my boss' wife. shes always telling her kids shes gonna beat their asses but never does so they dont listen to her, but when he speaks those kids are ready to move a mountain

  9. #29
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i know people are gonna get mad because they think i'm downplaying it when i say he "just" threw a game using words like "all he did was" etc and i get that because its easy to read 1 thing and fly off the handle, but in that context im talking about OWL. but like i have said in many posts, i am not excusing or condoning his behavior in competitive play, he definitely deserves to be suspended from competitive play and if he continues to break the rules of competitive play, he should be banned just like any other player but people trying to attack his career and position in OWL need to get over themselves. MLG/OWL Overwatch is a sport, the sport XQC plays. Overwatch, however, is just a video game and there are rulesets in place to handle disruptive players and he is being handled.

    so all im saying is he broke the rules in a competitive game, so he should only be suspended from competitive, especially if blizzard were going to go as far as to ban accounts sharing IP addresses and a number of other consistent stats. also that people need to get over the idea that being a competitive player is always this pretty thing about friendship, camaraderie and sportsmanship, because it gets nasty for some people and the whole thing about michael jordan was meant to allude to that - MJ will always be revered as the greatest of all time but he was an absolute psychopath.

    and lastly people are angry about his behavior and talking about how it reflects poorly on the league which is bullshit because competitive play has shit all to do with MLG.

    if you ask me, it is unethical to force any constraints on him outside of of MLG/OWL, especially when he throws 1 game or does 1 little thing and he gets banned and gets to be blizzards little posterboy for the prime example of fuckery and not what to do but it takes blizzard 2 months to ban a guy, with documented evidence, that would snipe him and throw games every day 10 fucking hours a day but XQC gets all the notoriety for typing "fuck you" in a report because thats easy for them since snowflakes are bitching about it on the front page of reddit and now everyone thinks he was "false reporting" when he already played 5 games with that guy getting hard countered and not switching

    blizzard has no ground to stand on and hold him to a higher standard when they can't even do their job in the first place. the whole reason they banned him the first time was so people would figure out they would get banned for false reporting and it didnt work because people did it to fuey500 and stevooo anyway. this was unethical and unprofessional as fuck.

    but im genuinely curious how many of those false reporters those stupid fucking useless cucklords banned because i got my money on them not having the cajones to even send out 24 hour warning bans to every player who reported stevoo and fuey500 without typing an explanation, explaining that it was precautionary discipline to falsified player reports that was too difficult to discern wrong from right in this particular case and that in the future they should write more specific explanations in their reports if they do not want to be punished along with players who are abusing the system.

    so honestly Blizzard can go suck a dick because they look like clowns every time they do some shit to him. their disciplinary team is like my boss' wife. shes always telling her kids shes gonna beat their asses but never does so they dont listen to her, but when he speaks those kids are ready to move a mountain
    They can, they do, it's in his fucking contract. Same reason he can't make a premade with other OWL players and stream it.

    You swing from 'yes he should be banned because what he did was bannable', to somehow that he's a victim of being a popular online streamer who films his own breaches of ToS. He produces his own evidence of misdoings, there's no real defence for that. We have literally no idea if his treatment is in any way 'special', but we can see from the progressive stacking bans he gets, that his punishment ultimately, is exactly the same as anyone else would get. He keeps being a douche, keeps getting reported, keeps producing evidence of what he's doing wrong, he's going to end up with a season ban, or worse. We've seen other popular streamers get the exact same punishments for leaving matches.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Hard? He's on a 7 day suspension for a third suspendable offence, same as everyone else would get. Except, he's ignoring that suspension by playing and streaming on alt accounts. That's not exactly a harsh punishment, it's no punishment at all.
    Hard as in they came down on him quickly. Most randoms get.....almost nothing unless they get a ton of reports.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    They could IP ban them. They are just choosing not to.
    You can't IP ban in 2017, it's not feasible at all.

  12. #32
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    They can, they do, it's in his fucking contract. Same reason he can't make a premade with other OWL players and stream it.
    They can, but they will just look like clowns until they get their own shit together.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You swing from 'yes he should be banned because what he did was bannable', to somehow that he's a victim of being a popular online streamer [I]who films his own breaches of ToS.
    Ok, I'm not being a smartass. I'm really not, don't take it that way. So let me break it down: First and foremost, he broke the rules of competitive. he should be suspended from competitive, not taking a full game ban. this here, that is that. there is nothing conflicting with that statement.

    Here is where it gets tricky, but I have tried to be as clear and concise as possible: his first ban was not justified, blizzard did it to make an example of him for "misuse of the reporting system". He did not falsify reports, he'd previously played games with the player in that group and reported them for poor teamwork. You could technically argue typing "fuck you" into the report's explanation was misusing the system, but I've used language like that in my reports too and I am not banned, if Blizzard is only banning streamers it speaks volumes of their ineptitude and seriousness about punishing players since they are most fiercely punishing an incredibly small minority of players. To make an example out of XQC was highly unethical and unprofessional on so many levels - the worst part is that it didn't even work and they made empty threats to false reporters and empty promises to protect players from it.

    Fuey500 still doesn't know why his first suspension wasn't lifted.

    But XQC is banned again. What he did is wrong, but the problem with this lies in the fact that Blizzard is holding him to a standard they cannot hold themselves to. There are so many other players out there who do not win as many matches as XQC does and who do not try as hard as he does, so many other players I would rather have banned from this game than a World Cup Finalist. He trips up once, he ends up on the front page of reddit with every crybaby saying he should be released from his contract and kicked out of the league, something only a rapist has thus far managed in OWL's very short history. Absolutely disgusting.

    I am very disappointed to see them watching him this closely when they should be too busy making the game mode better for their biggest audience, not the audience of twitch. I am also very disappointed in this game's community because it only proves that there is no competitive spirit in this game when people bring one isolated incident to the front page of reddit to tattle on one of the best players in the game, saying he should be removed from the league just knowing how far above their level he plays the game at, because they don't like his personality or understand what it's like to be tested in every game.

    I am not impressed by Blizzard's attempt to show that they sternly uphold their values. In fact, it's an insult to every single one of us that they would try to pass it off as such. Why? I mean, fuck, look at the game. Most people don't and never will play with XQC. For every thrower you see, I want you to think about how many games they have negatively impacted with their non participation. When you compare what XQC has done and been banned for to those lower skilled, whiny cry baby players with low performance and winrates to begin with and are throwing games, it is decidedly a wildly false accusation to say that Felix is causing irreparable damage to the image of the Overwatch brand.

    It probably does sound conflicting though because I probably unintentionally suggest that if it were me, I don't think my conscience would let me ban him knowing how many players we are letting run amok do the same thing, who are so much worse and on top of that are ruining games for hundreds of people every day compared to the 11 in XQC's match. Hell, some of them might not have even minded the throw since they won so it could potentially only be 5. It doesn't make it any less wrong and he does need to stop but what draws my sympathy is this - for every game he throws... how many games does he try his hardest to win? He scrims 8 hours a day and streams afterwards, the guy almost literally eats, breathes, shits and bleeds Overwatch and something has to give somewhere with that much consistency... it's only natural.

    You might not be willing to give a guy like that a break, but I would - and only because of the insane volume of matches he plays every day with maximum effort and the championship caliber player he is. However, the decision is not up to me and he is indisputably in violation of the rules of competitive play.

    That is why I am criticizing Blizzard, this is why I am angry with them. This is why I don't agree with the swift and consistent disciplinary actions they would take against a player who plays hard and tries hard in so many games and has played so much he has a platinum border because this guy does so many great things to make competitive games what they are. He deserves a suspension from competitive play and not a full ban but it upsets me very much to see all these casual players treat him like he's the worst thing to happen to the internet since Ajit Pai repealed Net Neutrality.

    The things they say about him are blatantly false and they are just hating on the guy for living a dream because they're jealous that he's a fucking weirdo that's getting paid a living wage to play Overwatch 16 hours a day.

    And it needs to stop, because it's complete bullshit.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-12-19 at 02:11 AM.

  13. #33
    Everyone thinks they get in matches where people throw matches. When they probably spend half the match bitching and whining and end up throwing the match themselves through their toxicity and elitism.

  14. #34
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,036
    Just because you can’t necessarily catch them all doesn’t mean you should ignore the ones you do catch. That’s a fucking stupid argument.

    Just because you got away with writing abusive reports just means you got lucky, you damn well should be banned and you know it. Again, doesn’t mean xQc should be let off because you got lucky this time.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-12-19 at 08:26 AM.

  15. #35
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,319
    And now XQC is unbanned. I don't know if it's because he apologized, but he threw 1 game. 1, just 1. only 1. This is nowhere near the damage that boosters and throwers cause to the game's system and hundreds of thousands of players' experiences every day.

    I am actually so sure of myself that there are people who don't get banned that if you talk to anyone who says they have been banned for their actions in competitive play, I would actually like to interview them and learn how long it took for them to get banned, how long was the ban, what they did to get banned, if they are still doing the things that got them banned, etc. because I know for a fact that I am not talking out of my ass - it is by no measure of luck I haven't been disciplined.

    This entire thing only got so big in the first place because they designed the competitive matchmaking system like a bunch of fucking retards anyway and anyone with a brain can see that.

    If there was a vote kick option and they actually gave a shit this problem would have been nipped in the bud a long time ago, but they have appointed themselves as babysitters who can't even do their jobs lol

  16. #36
    I can confirm that one time only rant of dude im playing with from time to time, he was rly edgy that day he said in chat smt like, srew this, not going to carry those noobs, few fu** here and there and next day he got 2 days acc ban for toxic behaviour.

    I started reporting for abusive chat every single asshole who flame or abuse someone in chat and every single time i log in now, i get pop up info that even tho they cant get into details they took some action against player i have reported bla bla, so i guess is not so pointless to keep spaming reports on every single offensive/toxic player there is.

    About xqc he should be banned forver from any online activity involving other ppl...

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    And now XQC is unbanned. I don't know if it's because he apologized, but he threw 1 game.
    Or...it was a 3 day ban, which is what Blizzard usually gives apparently?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I am actually so sure of myself that there are people who don't get banned that if you talk to anyone who says they have been banned for their actions in competitive play, I would actually like to interview them and learn how long it took for them to get banned, how long was the ban, what they did to get banned, if they are still doing the things that got them banned, etc. because I know for a fact that I am not talking out of my ass - it is by no measure of luck I haven't been disciplined.

    This entire thing only got so big in the first place because they designed the competitive matchmaking system like a bunch of fucking retards anyway and anyone with a brain can see that.

    If there was a vote kick option and they actually gave a shit this problem would have been nipped in the bud a long time ago, but they have appointed themselves as babysitters who can't even do their jobs lol
    Your argument is falling upon a "Since other people fly under the radar, the rules shouldn't apply to others who are spotting". Which isn't the way it should work at all.


    And absolutely not, a vote kick option wouldn't solve anything except create even more toxicity, and then you have the issue of people being slotted into comp matches that are already being lost.

  18. #38
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Your argument is falling upon a "Since other people fly under the radar, the rules shouldn't apply to others who are spotting". Which isn't the way it should work at all.
    How long have we asked for harsher punishments for leavers and throwers (that they allegedly ban) and been ignored?

    How many times have we brought up how Paladins gates players from entering it's competitive game mode by requiring players to have a certain amount of experience on a hero from every role and suggested what a great addition something similar to that would be to Competitive Play, only to be shot down by a legion of fanboys for even having the nerve, the audacity to praise a game that ripped off Overwatch and say they managed to do things better in some areas?

    If Blizzard was any better at taking someone else's idea and making it look like their own, they'd just take someone's idea and call it their own and they'd be Microsoft.

    Why does it take Blizzard 2 months, with documented evidence might I add, to ban someone that was throwing every day, 10 hours a day?

    Can someone tell me exactly why we are compiling reddit posts detailing almost 20 bugs to a hero that have been in the game since that hero was added?

    When asked why he posted the thread, ChipSa was genuinely dumbfounded and 100% thought that Blizzard knew but just hadn't gotten around to it yet. Can we hook this guy up with a paycheck?

    I've been in the Blizzard community since 2007 and "we play the game too" is starting to become a meme. The worst thing about it is that despite saying this, I have watched them ironically replicate every problematic fuckup I've ever seen in a Blizzard game in flawless, identical detail - just as immaculate as the first time I saw it.

    But as far as Jeff is concerned, the problem is that we need to be nicer to each other. Great idea, Jeff! Glad you thought of it.

    When the dungeon finder was added to World of Warcraft, you know what we did to players who weren't performing well? We were nice to them. Tried to show them how to optimize their character and tell them how, when and where to use abilities so they could do their jobs better.

    We really just wanted to help. You know what they did to us? They told us we were elitist jerks and to fuck off.

    After this, they proceeded to throw a shitfit and divide the community by adopting an us vs them mentality when they were removed from groups for their low performance instead of just giving everyone else they played with the same respect that they gave them - by trying their hardest to be an asset and not a liability.

    The quality of World of Warcraft has been degrading and in swift decline ever since then. The biggest difference here, of course - is that dungeon finder content was made for casuals... but competitive play was not.

    I raided for almost 10 years. You know what I never heard while I was doing hard content where people were passionate about progression and could get heated sometimes? "chill bro, it's just a game", "whoa man you're taking this too seriously" or "you have been silenced for X days due to multiple reports of abusive chat from other players". The fact that you can even be silenced in competitive play when players have the option to mute and block you is ridiculous.

    How is it supposed to be competitive if you can't communicate?

    So yeah, I can really feel that irony of replicating a problematic fuckup that I was just talking about pretty much every time I queue up for competitive and there's a player in my game that only plays Junkrat and won't even try to play anything else even though there's a Pharah on the enemy team and he keeps giving Zarya full charge.

    It's kind of a problem because there's just so much damage. I was really nice about it and explained why it was a problem for us, but he was like "i have gold damage and eliminations so maybe u should just git gud" and someone else on team tells him he has a really shitty attitude and we could have won by now if he wasn't boosting the Zarya and he says "omg dude shut up u take this game way too seriously".

    Yeah, that's the state of the game - just a game bros with their "I paid $40 for the game ill do whatever I want" mentality are in competitive now. At least in World of Warcraft you could kick these players and replace them, but here in Overwatch you have to deal with their shitty attitude from start to finish and we are already seeing dumbing down of the game with the buff to Junkrat's concussion mine and the addition of Moira.

    I'd ask why casuals are in our hardcore elitist jerk mode telling us not to take the game so seriously, but I know why they're here. They had a casual mode, the keyword here being "had", because they stopped using it when they realized the Overwatch team had no intention to make it more fun to play.

    What is the difference between Competitive Play and Quick Play these days - and before we started asking ourselves that, how long did players complain about the unacceptable quality of matchmaking in Quick Play? Why do we have to beg Jeff and the Overwatch team to be respected in our element when we respect these players in their element by being cordial or simply not choosing to participate in their game mode?

    It's not like we're asking for an arm and a leg here.

    If you want to talk about damage to this game's image, just seeing how good of a player XQC is and how much he plays the game, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that he does a lot to improve the quality of competitive matches. Yet, he is treated EVEN WORSE than the people we see in our matches throwing every day because they're like fucking boogeymen or monsters under the bed to Blizzard and the Overwatch Team.

    No one has brought more dishonor to the name and image of Overwatch than the people who created it and that is why I find the community's reaction and Blizzard's response to XQC's behavior appalling because it's their own damn fault for designing their matchmaker the way that they did to have that behavior like that cost them money and ruin the game experience of so many players.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And absolutely not, a vote kick option wouldn't solve anything except create even more toxicity, and then you have the issue of people being slotted into comp matches that are already being lost.
    This game's competitive mode will never be worth the amount of respect it asks for in it's current iteration and I'm tired of being treated like a child for wanting a more competitive game experience by vetting the depth of a player's competitive drive before allowing them to enter competitive. Only something made in the participation trophy generation of millennials could be called "Competitive" but made for everyone - everyone who was willing to fight for it, perhaps. But not everyone that feels entitled to it because they paid $40 for a game.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-12-21 at 10:35 AM.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    snip
    Everything you are saying is a lost cause, most of it right, but a lost cause.

    Gaming -is- the mainstream activity of this decade, everyone and their mother and grandmother is in some sort of game, the companies no longer care about quality, or competitive or anything.

    Its "milk the random idiot that enjoys our moving pixels as much as possible" while catering to them 24/7.

    Every single competitive oriented game has the same problems and you cant do anything about it.

    You could 10 years ago when most competitive games had no infrastructure and most of it was created by random coders for the same reasoning, keep the non-competitve aka bad player off my games.

    Games like Overwatch are nothing more than "Keep the masses happy" and the masses get happy by pixels, they cant comprehend winning, they can only comprehend "God my life sucks so much, these pixels are so fun when i dont have to think about my pathetic life, lets open my wallet".

    "Its not black and white, its not so grim", but it is.

    WoW LFR logic is the same,no one with a voice on the forums, here or official, cares for it, but its the most visited raid difficulty.

    When people accept that the idiots have won and they need to find a game were you can avoid them, you will feel better.

    Its why i never purchased Overwatch, despite having it since first day of the closed beta test.

    It was obvious what the game was all about, have been gaming for 17 years, it wasnt hard to see who it was aimed for, and it was not for the "competitive players with skill and reflexes".

    P.S I have a friend that plays overwatch 24/7, he got emails from Blizzard both first seasons (or only first, not sure :S) to "Find a team and attend Blizzcon", of course like the "I dont give a fuck, pew pew and marijuana only" he is , he hasnt bothered, but he plays from 3-4 different accounts..When he rages on his own account, he uses other accounts to troll cause he has given up at that moment/day and simply trolls for the rest of the day.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-12-21 at 10:48 AM.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I am very disappointed to see them watching him this closely when they should be too busy making the game mode better for their biggest audience, not the audience of twitch.
    i agree with most of what you are saying mate, but as potis said - it is a lost cause, unless OW gets some system like player-controlled matchmaking websites/servers in CS have.

    about the cited fragment above - what do you think OW's biggest audience is? its those people who want comp to be this safe happy friendly place, not people with much of a competetive drive..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •