Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    it's ruined most game made in the past 5-10 years.

every game just has a solution or cheats or fastest way to grind or fastest way do anything in the game really posted online or youtube videos, nothing is a mystery anymore.

of course this is optional but avoiding all this information is quite annoying.

100% Agree. I hate ruining the game for myself, Never watch encounter videos or even read strategies, just like to learn as I go, but the playerbase hates this unless you're in a guild of like minded people

The first time of everything is special, it loses its taste after some time. That's why we should try out new things instead of doing the same thing

I agree about the feeling, and - IMO - it has gotten worse with players getting less parameters to tweak for their characters. Blizz is probably very happy with less headaches in how to balance stats and talents, but I think it has much the same effect as class homogenisation did.

Though I am curious why all the game has to be downloaded and not some of it could be stored server side and as such be unknown.
    Oh, and they could have pulled a fast one with something like a grey statless weapon with either mega-fast/slow swingtime and/or redonkolous high dps. As those are typically not mined...

Deleted
    Disagree.

We now are witnessing the start of the last patch of an otherwise strong expansion - imho - as far as content goes, although far from perfect. And I have fond memories of the Suramar questline or the first m+ we pushed to completion, and although there's a clean cut way to play the weapon challenges the mileage varies for the single player so much so that there's no two ways about playing them.

That's just to name a few.

If we're talking about macro, then I'd concede it's somewhat true. Then again, people has been killing Blizzard bosses for 13 years now, the sense of novelty is long gone.
    If anything, split raids and all that concerns the Legion loot system has to be remade from scratches. Now that's something that creates seeping issues.

Deleted
    It's not a problem with the game, it's a problem of the times.
    The internet pretty much completely breaks any game that relies on immersion/exploration/discovery.

It's something I noticed even going back to play old FF titles I hadn't played as a kid. I end up dropping them because it's impossible to enjoy the game while tabbing in and out of a guide. But now I KNOW the guide is there, I KNOW the best way to do everything and I am COMPELLED to complete it as effieciently and fully as possible so it's impossible to trick myself into ignoring those resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like the game's been out for 13 years or something.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah. First and only beta I ever did was MoP. By the time I was done questing on live I swore I wouldn't touch another beta.
    That is the one problem with doing betas is that once the xpac goes live you know just about everything that happens in it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Blame datamining. It takes all the wonder out of the game, and if you ignore the datamining you're gunna miss out on a lot of stuff and fall far behind.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Blame datamining. It takes all the wonder out of the game, and if you ignore the datamining you're gunna miss out on a lot of stuff and fall far behind.
    Yup it is pretty much a double edge sword, a case of stuffed if you do stuffed if you don't..

Quote Originally Posted by Xavator View Post
    Indeed, the game has become too well documented and every challenge now can be very easy accomplished by finding the right information and behaving accordingly.

The game needs to get fresh again and Blizzard needs a way to find a way to make all the world available feel valuable again.
    We have so many zones, items, NPC's that are just sitting there doing nothing.

Ok, I get it, it's old world and can be useful for new characters, but all world can be scalable and meaningful quests and story lines can be created for all range of levels.
    There's nothing short of a magic wand that would make a 13 years old game not 13 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    There's nothing short of a magic wand that would make a 13 years old game not 13 years old.
    If it were a "completely different game", there could be ways that would alleviate it.

Making the systems within the game less static and more dynamic would be one way... and not just through "random quest: collect ### ears!".

If the world could grow and change through player(s) choices and actions in a permanent and unscripted manner it would alter things significantly.

Many issues also arise from the "original sin" in WoW.... level caps. While its an entirely different, and less casual friendly game, without level caps... it *does* significantly reduce the necessity for everything to ship pre-tested and balanced because.... no character/player will be without the potential to eventually pull their weight if their potential isn't hardcapped.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure that works quite well for casual content.
    You don't really need to know boss mechanics in advance, use custom addons and such unless you're doing a high-end activity like Mythic or high keys. It's the community that hungers for these things. On Heroic or below you could easily get by without guides or DBM.

Yea I wish Blizzard would keep much more stuff secret. Make datamining impossible imo.

I'd love for a patch to hit and the whole community basically has no idea what to expect. Which is the complete opposite of how things are now where every single detail about any patch is known about weeks or even months before it's released.

Whether people believe this or not, this game is at its most fun when we can be noobs again and just discover shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    It's time to stop with the dream. The only way we're going to feel that way again is if there is a WoW 2. And that's it
    Not even then. You've had over 10 years of gaming since WoW originally released. There are only so many new ideas for MMOs, and a lot have been done in the years since. WoW is so memorable for most people because of how little exposure they had with MMOs, or even online gaming in general, when they first started. I played Guild Wars 1 before WoW, plus some random isometic MMO as well, and WoW was still magical when I first started.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    You don't really need to know boss mechanics in advance, use custom addons and such unless you're doing a high-end activity like Mythic or high keys. It's the community that hungers for these things. On Heroic or below you could easily get by without guides or DBM.
    Yeah, that’s exactly the point I made. Even if you individually choose not to spoil these things in advance, the community will peer pressure you into it. Or you’re going to have to exclude yourself from certain content. It’s not a problem you can solve alone, part of this is Blizzards design as well

Excuse me but why do you guys and gals fall for these stupidity grenades?
    People posting stupid stuff running away or coming back in other accounts to continue the trolling.
    It's so sad.
    Sorry for not being constructive or adding something beneficial by the way.