Page 1 of 2
LastLast

THrowers every game

Anyone else get throwers every single game it seems? why do people do this? jeff kaplan basically came out in favor of picking any hero you want in any situation basically condonning throwing,

i have a 50% win rate on every ehro and if flex and i feel like blizz is basically telling me to just kill myself with there complete disregard for people who do want to play meta, you would figurre with the 12 teams spending 20 mil for overwatch league theyd want their compettive mode to be a bit less of a memefest, oh well when it flops maybe they will learn

Now I feel like getting on Overwatch to throw some matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Now I feel like getting on Overwatch to throw some matches.
    I wish comp was like wow arenas where you pick your group before you queu and you can vet who you get to avoid throwers.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    I wish comp was like wow arenas where you pick your group before you queu and you can vet who you get to avoid throwers.
    And you can pick your group before you queue so your wish has been granted.

By "thrower" do you mean people playing the hero they enjoy? Because it is a game y'know, in case you were unaware. People play to have fun. If you don't like grouping with randoms... then don't.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    And you can pick your group before you queue so your wish has been granted.
    There is no in game way to find people, other than the custom game system which is mosstly just meme modes or ffa, also you get penalized right now for grouping probably because personal SR which thank goodness will be fixed next season, but yeah i would love it if they added a way in game to easily find groups because right now all i have is my friends from wow which are waay lower SR

Please stop calling everything a meme, it's cringey.

Inb4 calling something cringey is cringey.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Please stop calling everything a meme, it's cringey.

Inb4 calling something cringey is cringey.
    well how memes have been used for the past year, are mostly just things in which irritate certain groups of people, so to me someone who picks torb/sym on attack or koth are meming in the fact they just like to piss off their teamates, they dont actually like playing those heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just past week or so, yeah, there have been a hell of a lot of players simply throwing matches. It's not even about meta or not, these people are literally just there to ruin the game for everyone.

Doesn't help that any punishments that are met out, are simply ignored by using alt accounts. There's very clearly nothing they can do short of IP banning people for it, but that's a place it seems they won't go.

'memefest'? As in you show each other pictures that are supposed to be funny, but really isn't?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    By "thrower" do you mean people playing the hero they enjoy? Because it is a game y'know, in case you were unaware. People play to have fun. If you don't like grouping with randoms... then don't.
    You are wrong. There are TWO modes. Quick Play is for playing the hero you enjoy. For quick play you can play to have fun. Competitive Mode is the serious mode, where the only thing that matters is rating and Winning games. Here you should neither play for fun OR consider it just a game. This mode is for the ones that take the game VERY serious. With enough sucess here you could go far and even make a IRL careeer as a professional player.

People with "it's just a game attitude" should play Quick Play and ONLY Quick Play.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    You are wrong. There are TWO modes. Quick Play is for playing the hero you enjoy. For quick play you can play to have fun. Competitive Mode is the serious mode, where the only thing that matters is rating and Winning games. Here you should neither play for fun OR consider it just a game. This mode is for the ones that take the game VERY serious. With enough sucess here you could go far and even make a IRL careeer as a professional player.

People with "it's just a game attitude" should play Quick Play and ONLY Quick Play.
    In comp, it's still just a game. You cannot force your righteous dedication to a game into every mind.

People will play what they want to - you should focus instead on judging their hability in whatever hero they've chosen. Otherwise, make your own team with people who think like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I did log on to Overwatch earlier today to try out the Yeti game and the very first go at it, had some kids in the game who kept deliberately ice-walling the yeti-hunter team into the starting area, completely throwing the game and giving the Winston an easy win... so that was fun.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    People play to have fun.
    Its comp game, comp games are not made to have fun but put some effort, do your best and trying to win. Thats the joy, not picking your fav hero.
    A very cool signature text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    Its comp game, comp games are not made to have fun but put some effort, do your best and trying to win. Thats the joy, not picking your fav hero.
    Nobody can play all the heroes to the same level, I don't know why when players can't do that themselves, expect the other 5 players on their team be able to. Even for pro players, they have a pretty limited pool of who they go to. Sometimes those limitations, even when they're all 'meta' don't make for a good team within the 6 who get put together. This is where the issues with 'four support mains' or 'no one can tank or heal' come up. That's honestly much more of an issue than whether you have a Hanzo main or not.

What is "throwing" in your opinion? If 3 ppl on attack on hanamura pick hanzo widow symetra, 4th one pick torb cus of that, what you are suppose to do?

Or is throwing playing sombra on def when everyone yell to switch?

In my opinion as long as you dont block your team with mei or troll with symetra portal, torb turret in some dark corner outside spawn room, dying on purpuse etc, its not throwing...

Just play qm if you are solo and wait for some friends to log in for comp

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    In comp, it's still just a game. You cannot force your righteous dedication to a game into every mind.
    Your country is in the World Cup finals and suddenly your keeper and defenders decide they want to play up front to get some goals because after all, it's only a game. Nobody wants to go back to cover the goal, Maybe have 1 midfielder who begrudgingly goes back and tries to do the job but sucks at it because he is specialized in another role.

Your team get crushed and you lose badly. I get the feeling that in this scenario there will also be a very large number of people who disagree with "it's still just a game"

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    Well I did log on to Overwatch earlier today to try out the Yeti game and the very first go at it, had some kids in the game who kept deliberately ice-walling the yeti-hunter team into the starting area, completely throwing the game and giving the Winston an easy win... so that was fun.
    Sounds about right.

Last year the snowball game was plagued with people using third party scripts and yet others were exploiting an environment glitch to hide in a way that they could not be targeted.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Your country is in the World Cup finals and suddenly your keeper and defenders decide they want to play up front to get some goals because after all, it's only a game. Nobody wants to go back to cover the goal, Maybe have 1 midfielder who begrudgingly goes back and tries to do the job but sucks at it because he is specialized in another role.

Your team get crushed and you lose badly. I get the feeling that in this scenario there will also be a very large number of people who disagree with "it's still just a game"
    That's a team assembled by professionals. This issue shouldn't even happen in football. If you want your level of performance and dedication X 6, form a team BEFORE going into the match!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post

In your example each players role was determined before the match, wheres in Overwatch it's not the case. There are no prerequisites, meaning all the players are "free" to choose the champions they want to play.
    Now let me ask you this, how should players distribute the roles? Should they talk this out in champ select? Or just instalock the hero the want to play?
    Do you see the problem here? For example i play at least one hero well in each role, but why should i be shoehorned into playing tanks or healers because the game is full of DPS players?
    I very often see players instalock genji/tracer/soldier and then start bitching to the rest of the team that there are not enough healers/tanks.