Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously the answer is to make your own team before hand, otherwise enjoy rando's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There's very clearly nothing they can do short of IP banning people for it, but that's a place it seems they won't go.
    That's because IP banning is a method suited for gaming 11 years ago, not today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    By "thrower" do you mean people playing the hero they enjoy? Because it is a game y'know, in case you were unaware. People play to have fun. If you don't like grouping with randoms... then don't.
    Attitudes like yours is what ruined ranked play in games like Overwatch.
    You play what's needed, you play for the team, you play to win. Otherwise, fuck off from ranked because it's not your personal playground and the team doesn't exist for your benefit. Everyone else on that team invest time and energy into playing and you've got no right to piss on their effort with your self-gratification.
    "Playing to have fun" is the perpetual excuse of losers to justify themselves losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Attitudes like yours is what ruined ranked play in games like Overwatch.
    You play what's needed, you play for the team, you play to win. Otherwise, fuck off from ranked because it's not your personal playground and the team doesn't exist for your benefit. Everyone else on that team invest time and energy into playing and you've got no right to piss on their effort with your self-gratification.
    "Playing to have fun" is the perpetual excuse of losers to justify themselves losing.
    Lol I don't even play ranked, I hardly play at all these days even. But like you said, the team doesn't exist for your benefit. Whatever preconceived notions you have at the end of the day it's still a fucking game and if you get upset over people playing the characters they want to play then iunno what to tell you. When you jump into random matches you get what you get, nobody owes you anything. If you want people to play a certain way find a group of friends and play with them.

By the way, when I did play OW I always played what was needed. I just don't care enough about people not playing optimally to get upset about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    In comp, it's still just a game. You cannot force your righteous dedication to a game into every mind.

People will play what they want to - you should focus instead on judging their hability in whatever hero they've chosen. Otherwise, make your own team with people who think like you.
    Well, there ARE two modes, meant for different things. Blizzard need to really define each mode and to actually keep Competitive very serious, we need a mode like that.

The two modes argument comes up every time. There's no way to force your style of gameplay onto every player and there's no way to force people not to play comp if they aren't "serious" enough for you.
    Hate to say it but: too bad.

No computer game is that serious.

All computer games are played for R&R, fun, leisure or just killing time.

Not to seriously test your "skills".

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Well, there ARE two modes, meant for different things. Blizzard need to really define each mode and to actually keep Competitive very serious, we need a mode like that.
    While I would love to have 100% dedicated teammates in comp... It's impossible. You can not measure seriousness. You CAN detect douchebaggery, and in both modes it should be controlled, but seriousness? And why should Quick Match be "less serious"? Both are game modes with weird names, but just because a match is quick it doesn't mean it should be serious. I've seen kids playing football with the dedication of a pro in the World Cup!

10+ Year Old Account
    While I would love to have 100% dedicated teammates in comp... It's impossible. You can not measure seriousness. You CAN detect douchebaggery, and in both modes it should be controlled, but seriousness? And why should Quick Match be "less serious"? Both are game modes with weird names, but just because a match is quick it doesn't mean it should be serious. I've seen kids playing football with the dedication of a pro in the World Cup!
    Quick play is the mode where you can learn new heroes and just have fun. There is no reason to get upset in this mode, as you lose nothing if you lose a game.

Competitive play has SR on the line, hence the obvious more serious mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Anyone else get throwers every single game it seems? why do people do this? jeff kaplan basically came out in favor of picking any hero you want in any situation basically condonning throwing,

i have a 50% win rate on every ehro and if flex and i feel like blizz is basically telling me to just kill myself with there complete disregard for people who do want to play meta, you would figurre with the 12 teams spending 20 mil for overwatch league theyd want their compettive mode to be a bit less of a memefest, oh well when it flops maybe they will learn
    I've had probably one thrower in 250hrs of play. Maybe your definition of thrower is wrong. 50% winrate pretty much means your SR is where it should be, what's the problem?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Quick play is the mode where you can learn new heroes and just have fun. There is no reason to get upset in this mode, as you lose nothing if you lose a game.

Competitive play has SR on the line, hence the obvious more serious mode.
    And what even is SR for some? Just some arbitrary value in a game.

And what even is SR for some? Just some arbitrary value in a game.
    It isn't arbitrary, it may not always be accurate but it isn't arbitrary as in the least the biggest impact it has is that it places you with that sr of people. When you come back next season it matches you with your sr so when you complete your 10 you are at the same sr. arbitrary would suggest that it has no meaning and gets handed out willy nilly.

It is flawed in that it is merely a system of number crunching but I don't see anyone here coming up with a better system and selling it to Blizzard.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

I only play arcade now.

- - - Updated - - -

3V3 is the best imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePsyentist View Post
    I only play arcade now.

- - - Updated - - -

3V3 is the best imo
    Yep, 3v3 is an amazing mode. I love that if you die you do not respawn. This mode could be expanded a lot, with many posibilities. I hope Blizzard works more on this.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail