Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The Lightbringer barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    3,754
    "This game lets you upload your own mp3 music to play as your battle music. You're allowed to play any music except satanic music and music of that nature. "
    Nope.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

  2. #22
    "No satanic music" lol
    Accused by burning angels
    Unconscious in a cage
    I eat the holy bible
    I am the plague

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    No. This is not possible to code, reasonably.

    The rest of your idea is not worth consideration past the second paragraph when you so fundamentally are ignorant of game design. This is not game design because it is not gameplay.
    That would actually be fairly easy to code, storing a file of a customer is like 1985 technoloy, straming a bit of music is easy as well. The restriction "no satanic ebil muasic!!11" and the copyright issues are though. One is a policy (and policing) issue the other a legal one.

    Personally I'm not going to read that blob of a text. Seriously surprised you bothered to even skim through it.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That would actually be fairly easy to code, storing a file of a customer is like 1985 technoloy, straming a bit of music is easy as well. The restriction "no satanic ebil muasic!!11" and the copyright issues are though. One is a policy (and policing) issue the other a legal one.

    Personally I'm not going to read that blob of a text. Seriously surprised you bothered to even skim through it.
    Well I don't know about how to code in or anything but you can already make an addon or WA that does it in WoW. I set one up that plays Holy Diver when I pop Crusade before
    Accused by burning angels
    Unconscious in a cage
    I eat the holy bible
    I am the plague

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Well I don't know about how to code in or anything but you can already make an addon or WA that does it in WoW. I set one up that plays Holy Diver when I pop Crusade before
    Playing something locally is trivial and not even worth to further explore. The interesting part would be doing it online for everyone, but that is also where the wholing policing and legal issue would arise. Some will just upload some porn or fart sounds, the other copyrighted music which will get any potential dev sued into an early grave.

    All of that is obviously ignoring the fact that the world does not need another shitty half-assed MMO.

  6. #26
    I read "Kingdom Hearts" and "anime" and immediately stopped.

  7. #27
    Field Marshal Robozerim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Canada
    Posts
    78
    My thoughts after attempting to read some of it and giving up after a few chunks of sentences are as follows...why no satanic music or music of that ilk? Honestly, that would probably be better than a lot of other things that could be done...somebody could upload a playlist of themselves singing the song that never ends incredibly off tune and then force that on people. The whole listening in on other people's music sounds like a terrible idea that is prone to insane amounts of incredibly aggravating trolling, especially since you apparently can't turn the music off for some reason. Why can't you turn off the music? That sounds really stupid and will result in people just muting their entire computer to avoid it or, even more likely I suspect, just quitting the game entirely.

    The automatic listening in on mic conversations sounds like a really bad idea that is even more prone to trolling, and even without trolling when you enter a battle zone with a significant chunk of players in it you will be overwhelmed by a cacophony of sound from dozens to hundreds of people who's mics you've been suddenly tuned into. On the plus side, you say you can mute the mics of people (I certainly hope there would be a mute all mics option), so it's not quite as bad as the music.

    After reading only a small chunk of this proposal I can already tell that this sounds like a terrible idea.

  8. #28
    Just from the first segment, no, it won't work, because you'll be so mired in copyright lawsuits that you'd need the world's best lawyers and archeology team to dig you out.
    Grawr!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That would actually be fairly easy to code, storing a file of a customer is like 1985 technoloy, straming a bit of music is easy as well. The restriction "no satanic ebil muasic!!11" and the copyright issues are though. One is a policy (and policing) issue the other a legal one.

    Personally I'm not going to read that blob of a text. Seriously surprised you bothered to even skim through it.
    I specifically trimed this post ot that quote because it is inclusive of a value that can not be coded. Storing and playing an MP3 in of itself is obviously not the part I am referencing.

  10. #30
    I actually read everything and it sounds amazing wish a system could actually run it.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I specifically trimed this post ot that quote because it is inclusive of a value that can not be coded. Storing and playing an MP3 in of itself is obviously not the part I am referencing.
    I figured the way the op worded it, even he was was aware that coding a satanic filter was not really an option and therfore not part of the question.

  12. #32
    The /Bounce Emote Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Bounce Dimension
    Posts
    3,965
    No.

    Just no.

    Not gonna read that.

    But gonna assume the answer is no too, just to be slightly on topic.

  13. #33
    Titan Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Silvermoon City, last bastion of the North-Eastern Horde
    Posts
    11,389
    Nope. Unpossible.

  14. #34
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The land of ports
    Posts
    7,182
    Fuggin weeb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •