Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WTF is wrong with PL loot

So I've killed exactly 50 bosses in Antorus since launch, I only pugged normal and heroic on PL loot and some extremely bad luck so far. Out of 50 kills and 18 coins rolled, I had raound 6 drops from bosses, only 2 of them are upgrades that I could use and I had to beg other people to give me the 2 other items I'm wearing. Biggest joke is, I have only ONE piece of T21 form normal. And last night I just had a run of 6 consecutive bosses with all gold. May I ask WTF Blizzard?

15+ Year Old Account
    Join a guild with a ml loot council like me and most of those problems go away

Thats the Glory of RNG. Benefits others, pisses others off and can't do anything about it.

pugging is bad to work towards loot. Join a guild with PL or ML and at least youll eventually get the piece once everyone else does

Holy shit I'm so sorry man, I stopped raiding looks like you're getting my drops.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

You must be terribly unlucky. Oh well as the saying goes...

Rng is rng

My heart bleeds for you.

I suggest an offering of a live hare to Apollo, if that doesn't work you should make a sacrifice of wine to Bacchus and 3 ripe plums should be placed on your household shrine to Demeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Join a guild with a ml loot council like me and most of those problems go away
    That really won't help with RNG. Our guild has a slightly more number of priests/warlocks/paladins than hunters/shaman/monks (8 - 6 out of 21) and not only do all hunters/shamans/monks have their 4 piece but this week they got to roll on tf upgrades for tier pieces while we have locks and paladins who have 0 or 1 tier piece. The classes with other token are in middle of getting their 4 piece. And yeah, almost all of us are using bonus rolls on tier bosses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by avahle View Post
    That really won't help with RNG. Our guild has a slightly more number of priests/warlocks/paladins than hunters/shaman/monks (8 - 6 out of 21) and not only do all hunters/shamans/monks have their 4 piece but this week they got to roll on tf upgrades for tier pieces while we have locks and paladins who have 0 or 1 tier piece. The classes with other token are in middle of getting their 4 piece. And yeah, almost all of us are using bonus rolls on tier bosses.
    It's not perfect, but on pl runs I sometimes don't even get anything while on ml runs i am the highest ilvl in the guild

My alt is 966 thanks to PL feelsgutman

Last night on my Shaman in Heroic Antorus got me 4 tier pieces in 1 run, and they were the 4 pieces I needed(have legendary gloves and have 960 shoulders from +15 cache). Before that week I got barely any upgrades.

RNG is RNG.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been able to make 2 full tier sets so far on my monk >.>

42 Boss kills in Antorus with PL. 1 Tier Set item. 18 Coins rolled, got 3 Items out of it

RNG doesn't like me very much as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    So I've killed exactly 50 bosses in Antorus since launch, I only pugged normal and heroic on PL loot and some extremely bad luck so far. Out of 50 kills and 18 coins rolled, I had raound 6 drops from bosses, only 2 of them are upgrades that I could use and I had to beg other people to give me the 2 other items I'm wearing. Biggest joke is, I have only ONE piece of T21 form normal. And last night I just had a run of 6 consecutive bosses with all gold. May I ask WTF Blizzard?
    There's nothing wrong with it. PL is individualistic, everyone has a random chance of getting an item/gold, and the item may or may not be helpful. The odds just weren't in your favour so far.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

3 Normal full runs and 2 Heroic full runs + 4 heroic boss, 0 tier piece and the 2 or 3 stuffs I got through coins were instant-sold.

That's a big nerf for me in MM+ dungeons but hey, at least I can equip high-ilvl stuff without caring at all

AtBT is my first tier without a guild to progress with so i have been doing it with pugs and PL. God damm the system has felt stupid these first couple of weeks. I've gotten 3x legs from Imonar, in 1 run i got 3 different trinkets and a lot of off-pieces that are tier/legendary locked. I have gotten 4 great upgrades through trading with other people though, so clearly everyone else must also be getting duplicate loot all the time. My equipped ilvl has gone from 931 to 957 in 2½ weeks, but my SIM DPS has only gone up by 130k, so its mostly been incremental upgrades that if i were still raiding in a guild i would probably have passed to other people.

Wow OP, i have the literal same luck as you. 3 normal and 2 heroic clears and I have 1 peice of normal teir and 3 upgrades, and no KJ trinket yet. I am hoping my RNG takes a big turn next week!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Cause too many people cried that people stole stuff with ML. Instead of making a system that required the pug-raiders to put ANY effort into finding a group with a reliable leader, they punish everyone with the abominational PL system. Fairness for everyone! More like communism if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Cause too many people cried that people stole stuff with ML. Instead of making a system that required the pug-raiders to put ANY effort into finding a group with a reliable leader, they punish everyone with the abominational PL system. Fairness for everyone! More like communism if you ask me.
    Well not punish everyone, guild raids can still use whichever loot type they want. But I remember doing pugs back with ML it was such a shitshow and so unreliable because there was nothing you could do about it if you did get ninja'd from, the report system was actually useless for this. But most groups still ran ML since it was so much better at the time, even with sites like openraid I got some items stolen and literally all you can do is downvote them on the site which did next to nothing.

They made a lot of changes to PL since then and with all the legendaries most ppl have nowadays you can trade most stuff you get so even if you dont want an item someone else will. Its far from good and theres a reason I run ML with guild but its a lot better than it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Speaking as someone who PUGed during WoD—where ML groups were everywhere with thieving and reserved items—a change had to be made. We can all poke holes in PL all we want (and, admittedly, rightly so); but it is far better (for PUGing) than the reserved item and ML thieving trends that we saw in WoD.