Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Every other competitive game has some sort of MMR or ranking system which allows players to group with or be matched against similarly skilled players. The emergence of Raider.io and the addon brings that feeling to Mythic+ where you can (and completely optionally) join groups of a similar level or invite players to your group that are a similar level.

I've only started having a look at Raider.io in the last week or so and frankly it's helped return a lot of fun to M+ for me. In one afternoon I went and tried to pug as many +14s and +15s as I could manage, had a bunch of fun and jumped a bunch of realm ranks. Overall a much better experience than my usual, "tick off this chore for the week" attitude towards M+.

Ultimately, it's not forced upon you and you are completely able to start your own group and invite whoever you like and run the dungeon however you like. A lot of comments in this thread sound very much like, "People other than me are having fun in ways which doesn't really affect me but because I don't approve, I want to take away their fun".

@OP, I have an awful score from the last season but managed to get into a bunch of +14s and +15s fairly easily. Just be patient and keep applying to groups as you run around doing world quests. Also, I know it's really difficult but try not to assume the worst when someone declines your application. Maybe the group filled or they want a specific class or some other completely innocuous reason. It doesn't help matters if the first place your mind goes is, "This one guy is out to get me for sinister reasons that I can only speculate".

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Unless you play a spec that is just awful in mythic + or bad for that weeks affixes I don't know how that could be. I am in groups in 2 to 3 minutes on any of my toons that are 920 or higher now. The only time I can think of that it took awhile in the last few months was when I was trying to run around midnight pst. I don't even have a dps with a 955 item level and normally on my 2 best dps toons I am in a group before I have made it half way down the list in LFG.
    Balance druid, good all round spec tbh, idk maybe it's the time when I try to get in, but yea usually instant decline

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's imagine that they feel the same way.. How would they? It's literally just an addon that looks at a file on disc, and then displays that information.
    Ban addons from doing that and you just broke ALL addons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    When gearscore became problematic Blizzard did not hesitate to remove it's functionality, they should do the same with raider.io.
    Blizzard didn't target gearscore only, but any addon that was causing lot of inspect requests on servers, so devs throttled how many inspect requests addons could send. Gearscore got actually so popular that all inspect requests by players with the addons was causing lag on server. Blizzard had no problem with addons giving score for gear and they even added own version of it with iLvL. Raider.io save data client side, so it doesn't cause any lag on server.

You people should campaign to expand the API to get scored on Monday/Tuesday not get assblasted over not getting invites.

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    Hard modes =/ heroic mode
    Pretty much the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TeraAkron View Post
    The OP is right, but I'll go a step further and see the issue from a wider angle.

WoW has long become all about the end destination and not about the journey. Where the hell is the fun in steamrolling a dungeon? It's insane...dungeons have become an AoE fest. Every class has massive cleave damage. People don't care as long as the i) run is as quick as possible ii) they get the gear they need. Nothing else matters.

I look forward to Classic WoW as the only salvation left in this game. I look forward to getting into a dungeon with one or two undergeared players, meaning the rest have to overperform to make it. I look forward to a time when knowing if a player was good or not meant ACTUALLY playing with him, and not judging on some addon or item level. I look forward to wiping. I look forward where a ninja pull of a group of trash mobs meant a wipe unless a miracle happened. I look forward to the time when you HAD to sheep/CC mobs on each and every pull. I look forward to 2-hour dungeon runs...and finally beating the end boss after much hard work, and at best, being rewarded with a crap blue item.

Who cares about the loot? The journey is the most important aspect.
    Keep your journey, gimme your loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

No, they should not.
    I don't want players in my group that can't play the game.
    The addon makes getting an extra player here and there much less painful.

If anything, Blizzard should have their own version baked into the game.

Also, the didn't break GS, they made their own.

So just make your own groups and chose who you want to run with? you have a key that can no longer deplete so nothings stopping you from only making your own groups. Either that or run with a guild/friend group.

The addon is useful imo, stops us having to manually search each person before inviting and speeds up the process of making groups. Had a lot of bad experiences just inviting by ilevel and manually searching takes ages.

The OP is right, but I'll go a step further and see the issue from a wider angle.

WoW has long become all about the end destination and not about the journey. Where the hell is the fun in steamrolling a dungeon? It's insane...dungeons have become an AoE fest. Every class has massive cleave damage. People don't care as long as the i) run is as quick as possible ii) they get the gear they need. Nothing else matters.

I look forward to Classic WoW as the only salvation left in this game. I look forward to getting into a dungeon with one or two undergeared players, meaning the rest have to overperform to make it. I look forward to a time when knowing if a player was good or not meant ACTUALLY playing with him, and not judging on some addon or item level. I look forward to wiping. I look forward where a ninja pull of a group of trash mobs meant a wipe unless a miracle happened. I look forward to the time when you HAD to sheep/CC mobs on each and every pull. I look forward to 2-hour dungeon runs...and finally beating the end boss after much hard work, and at best, being rewarded with a crap blue item.

Who cares about the loot? The journey is the most important aspect.
    Where is the fun in having a warlock than sits on 950 ilvl and can't even get a million DPS?
    If it's your thing though, raide.io lets you find players that can't keep track of 3 buttons and play with them. It's great for you if you want to wipe 25 times in a dungeon becuase you can find players that will actually do that.

Me, I'd rather not play with you.

Score has been meaningless for quite awhile now. As long as you have one season of 15+'s with every dungeon, preferably not on a sanguine/volcanic week that is all that is necessary - to show that you know the dungeon.

Otherwise everyone that wants to succeed only checks logs. If you don't drink the orange kool aid, you aren't getting invited to my 20+'s :^)

Deleted
    if you're stuck pugging (which most people are) then you're gonna have a bad time.
    Why is this?

EDIT: Sorry I meant if there are people having problems pugging why don't they pug together?

When gearscore became problematic Blizzard did not hesitate to remove it's functionality, they should do the same with raider.io. The thing just keeps people from being able to functionally play the game.
    That's not true. They disabled gearscore and added item level tab so you can judge players based on item level.

Deleted
    I totaly agree with you that the addon is bringing more fuel to the flames which is the 80%+ of the current wow population that only looks at the numbers for your epeen score, which most sane people i.e raiders dont really care about as long as you carry your own weight.
    And i do agree that blizzard should disable this addon just for the sake of the community but we can just only hope.

Best way to avoid this is purely to just applying to a guild that fits to your needs and does relevant content. And secondly just forget that group finder exists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Keep your journey, gimme your loot.
    No problem as long as you don't come to infect our Classic server journey

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    I just wish they would remove mythic+ and just make dungeons hard again. CC is useless outside PVP and this is BAD DESIGN.
    You know why hard CC (mostly) isn't a thing in dungeons anymore? Because it requires zero skill to CC half the pack before starting combat. In a M+ on a level that you're not outgearing coordinating stuns and interrupts requires way more skill.

I have a 1.1k raider io score (i only do keys form stuff I want) and 962 ilvl, I've never had any issue getting invites to anything 15 and lower.
    Above 15 is a diff story.

IF OP really has 960 ilvl and 2k raider.io m+ score... I feel like this wouldn't be a problem.

But honestly... everyone gets a key, everyone in your guild has a key... run with guildies or get your score up

10+ Year Old Account
    No problem as long as you don't come to infect our Classic server journey
    Have no fear, you can keeps that's aids-y bullshit to yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

People should do the right thing and get good

OP you sound like a giant baby. Get some friends and get over it.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2017-12-17 at 03:42 PM.

The thing just keeps shit/lazy people from being able to ruin the game experience for others.
    fixed that for you
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-12-17 at 04:35 PM.