Allied Races are not server/faction xfer friendly

"You must have an existing character of at least level 110 on this realm to create an Allied Race character."

My whole plan for the next expansion was to server and faction transfer my characters from Alliance to Horde to go back to my roots in BfA. However, it appears unless I go out of my way to completely level and grind a new character on that server I will have to spend even more money to race change after the fact. Not to mention who knows how long the questline may or may not be to unlock the allied race that you wish to play?

Blizzard can we please make this more server/faction transfer friendly? I am positive that I am not the only one who's planning on swapping factions let alone server transfering to play with friends in the next expansion, and when I do so I want to be able to play as one of the new races without having to pay additional money because content is blocked. You're not EA, you're better than that, please appeal to those of us that have similar concerns. Unless there's something I'm missing?

I have 0 horde characters on any server... but i got multiple max lvl alliance chars.
    I thought the nightborne was finally my chance to switch to the horde. If i have to lvl a horde character to 110 just to be able to play a horde race that i finally like, thats just stupid...

You had to have a max level horde character to begin with anyway due to whatever requirements the allied race came with in the Embassy. This isn't any real news, it's just another requirement

At no point in that statement does it say your 110 has to be the faction? It’s just like unlocking death knight or demon hunter man. You transfer characters to the server you want, you should be fine? You have 110s on the server you should also be fine? Also the least amount to spend is on a race change which you can do the moment the races unlock if you don’t feel like leveling again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ayrton2388 View Post
    If i have to lvl a horde character to 110 just to be able to play a horde race that i finally like, thats just stupid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadosity View Post
    You had to have a max level horde character to begin with anyway due to whatever requirements the allied race came with in the Embassy. This isn't any real news, it's just another requirement
    I refer you to this bit of gold from another similar thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    no one knows anything as Allied Races content are not on any public test servers yet. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kasharan View Post
    "You must have an existing character of at least level 110 on this realm to create an Allied Race character."

My whole plan for the next expansion was to server and faction transfer my characters from Alliance to Horde to go back to my roots in BfA. However, it appears unless I go out of my way to completely level and grind a new character on that server I will have to spend even more money to race change after the fact. Not to mention who knows how long the questline may or may not be to unlock the allied race that you wish to play?

Blizzard can we please make this more server/faction transfer friendly? I am positive that I am not the only one who's planning on swapping factions let alone server transfering to play with friends in the next expansion, and when I do so I want to be able to play as one of the new races without having to pay additional money because content is blocked. You're not EA, you're better than that, please appeal to those of us that have similar concerns. Unless there's something I'm missing?
    "Existing character", that doesn't mean "Existing horde/alliance". I'm quite sure that if you have a 110 on a realm, you can make an allied race of either faction on that realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadosity View Post
    I understand, and i get that they want to give players something to work towards. They should definitely keep finding reasons for players to play the game's whole content.

But i just wish they made it easier for players like myself, with no horde chars, to switch to the other faction. Without paying for it.
    Something like, choose one "free" allied race to start with, and then have requirements for the other 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ayrton2388 View Post
    I have 0 horde characters on any server... but i got multiple max lvl alliance chars.
    I thought the nightborne was finally my chance to switch to the horde. If i have to lvl a horde character to 110 just to be able to play a horde race that i finally like, thats just stupid...
    Buy expansion-----> Boost a random Horde with the free 110 boost-------> Enjoy your Nightborne.

Deleted
    How do you want to unlock said race if the quests require you to be 110 at least?

However, it appears unless I go out of my way to completely level and grind a new character on that server

So like...a week? Playing casually? Is this really worth bitching about?

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Buy expansion-----> Boost a random Horde with the free 110 boost-------> Enjoy your Nightborne.
    Or do exactly this tbh

I have leveled up 6 110's this expansion, not everyone wants to pay more money than necessary if they server/faction transfer, and after leveling toons multiple times its not enjoyable. So is it worth bitching about? Yes. For the simple fact that it's an inconvinience to people who don't want to waste their free boost on said server to access those things or to spend a "week" or more of dedication to unlocking the content. I simply just want to not be penalized for wanting to transfer and race change, is that really too much to ask?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have leveled up 6 110's this expansion, not everyone wants to pay more money than necessary if they server/faction transfer, and after leveling toons multiple times its not enjoyable. So is it worth bitching about? Yes. For the simple fact that it's an inconvinience to people who don't want to waste their free boost on said server to access those things or to spend a "week" or more of dedication to unlocking the content. I simply just want to not be penalized for wanting to transfer and race change, is that really too much to ask?
    You're not being penalized. Wether you want to transfer and race change is irrelevant, as you will need a 110 Horde character anyway in order to do the quests to unlock the Allied races. Wether you want to use the free boost or not is entirely up to you, but as you can see you do have options. Either use the boost on a Horde character, or create a new one and level it up to 110 before the allied races are enabled.

There is a work around

Make a DK -> Level to 70

Make a Demon Hunter, and every other day or so just complete the legion invasions. This way allows for the least amount of work for a new 110 character you didnt have to pay for.
    Chronomancer Club

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean they're faction transfer friendly since you'll need a 110/120 of the other faction to unlock them in the first place.

It's server transfer that they're not friendly for. And the fix is pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    There is a work around

Make a DK -> Level to 70

Make a Demon Hunter, and every other day or so just complete the legion invasions. This way allows for the least amount of work for a new 110 character you didnt have to pay for.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Just use your free boost that comes with the x-pack on that server and you'll be able to create the allied races

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Just use your free boost that comes with the x-pack on that server and you'll be able to create the allied races
    Yeah but I won't be able to use that boost and immediately make it an allied race right? I'd have to use that toon to unlock the ability to do those quests for the real toon I'd want to play. Which is a waste of a boost, especially if its a class I feel indifferent about playing.