Poll: Should Cross-Realm be removed?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    One thing is for sure, if forced CRZ is still in BfA i will not be buying BfA and put this game to rest once and for all. Then again, classic is coming so i can go play on that without all this crz bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Yeah but how are CRZ a problem? They only help you do quests faster, kill rares if you can't solo them and so on
    CRZ IS a problem for example to get the new Winter Yeti cause way more people compete to get one then without crz.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Keep sharding, remove CRZ.
    fixed your flaw. your welcome.
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2017-12-21 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    Am i the only one who thinks cross-realm should go?
    In my opinion it has done more bad than good to the community.

What are your thoughts about it?
    Yeah, I vote for removal of at least mandatory CRZ (optional, accessible through LFG, may stay), but Blizzard won't do it. CRZ - is their way to merge servers without actually merging them. It decreases amount of physical hardware, need to run game, while keeping player characters' names and guild names untouched.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, I vote for removal of at least mandatory CRZ (optional, accessible through LFG, may stay), but Blizzard won't do it. CRZ - is their way to merge servers without actually merging them. It decreases amount of physical hardware, need to run game, while keeping player characters' names and guild names untouched.
    I agree that LFG/LFR should stay the way it is. CRZ was just the lazy way of merging servers and they really should've done mandatory merges of low pop realms with medium/high pop realms. Sure guilds/character names would've been a shitfest but I'm sure blizz could've thought something up to aleviate that problem.

the biggest problem with it is that it makes the game lag so fucking much.. crz/phasing etc.

the other problem is that it makes alot of population related things super inconsistent.. like how sometimes you see people poppin on your server out of nowhere or you dont see anyone around you at all.. its not super cool when you're zoning and all you see is opposite fraction around you from all the other realms

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO it's a necessary tool in the long run created precisely because of WoW's success. I talked about how Classic WoW can run into some BIG problems if it's even remotely successful:

TL;DR: Classic WoW has the best chance of survival if they connect realms aggressively since it won't have to deal with the ebb and flow of subscribers the way "present WoW" does.

Deleted
    An easy fix would be to make non x-realm servers without phasing.. Because god would I love that... I can't tell how many times I've been well annoyed by phasing.. Be it me and my mate who can't trade me some flasks before raid because I'm in the raid group and he's not.. Be it me ganking someone else.. and many other slight annoying things that add up..

So I'd be all in for this, besides I miss the personal feel of knowing and seeing people you know... The non X-realm servers were like small cozy towns with a known community... This X-realm S*** is like living in a full year tourist attraction of a town.. You always see ''visitors''

Edit: To elaborate, I'd love if Blizzard in addition to X-realm made some non X-realm servers without touching existing servers

Cross-realm, the simpelton's boogey-man.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    IMO it's a necessary tool in the long run created precisely because of WoW's success. I talked about how Classic WoW can run into some BIG problems if it's even remotely successful:

TL;DR: Classic WoW has the best chance of survival if they connect realms aggressively since it won't have to deal with the ebb and flow of subscribers the way "present WoW" does.

the thing is the flow of population on classic realms could be very similar to current wow tbh.. these days at the start of the expansion it grows and then it just steadily decreases during the expansion.. on classic realms if they were for example release TBC after vanilla and then wrath after tbc same thing could happen

also i think there are other problems with crz(well with how its currently working) like huge masses of people poppin in and out of realm.. massive lag etc.

i think the best solution would be to just force people to move out of dying realms.. ppl wouldnt quit cause of that, cuz they wont lose their friends since everyone is forced out of the realm.. and since its dying(aka not many people are playing) it wouldnt really affect other realms much if majority of people from that dying realm would join the same other realm
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2017-12-21 at 06:59 AM.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    the thing is the flow of population on classic realms could be very similar to current wow tbh.. these days at the start of the expansion it grows and then it just steadily decreases during the expansion.. on classic realms if they were for example release TBC after vanilla and then wrath after tbc same thing could happen

also i think there are other problems with crz(well with how its currently working) like huge masses of people poppin in and out of realm.. massive lag etc.

i think the best solution would be to just force people to move out of dying realms.. ppl wouldnt quit cause of that, cuz they wont lose their friends since everyone is forced out of the realm.. and since its dying(aka not many people are playing) it wouldnt really affect other realms much if majority of people from that dying realm would join the same other realm
    You're presuming that there'll be a BC/LK realm launch after Classic WoW, which isn't what I'm talking about; that would literally split the communities even further having separate realm types that can't "talk" to each other.

But what would be the best solution to "force" players off a dead realm? And how would that be better or worse than connecting realms instead?

From current content - Yes
    From the old world - No

It's needed for the levelling experience, the world is far larger than what it once was and it's the only way to populate zones effectively, in current content however there are better solutions for problems at max level, such as realm connections, CRZ doesn't benefit current content like it does the old world in my opinion.

What? To wait 1277 minutes for a dungeon? If you dont want cross-realm go to Classic

CRZ was terrible when it was first implemented, but they managed to hone it into a decent feature. It allows things that wouldn't be possible otherwise, like the upcoming PVP-switch.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I'd go a step further and remove realms and all the restrictions altogether (and add last names as a compensation so that people dont loose their names).

Realms are practically dead anyways and tbh realms only existed as server communication and scalling wasn't as advanced back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weren't crossrealms implemented so that the low/medium populated servers don't feel so dead? Wouldn't getting rid of it mean more desolate servers again? Then people will be complaining that the game feels dead again.