Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Future Allied Races

So since Blizzard said they have more planned, new allied races might potentially be introduced throughout BfA's patch cycle. So which potential races could possible fit the narrative? Also, it seems that allied races must share a skeleton and be some sort of variant of an existing race. This means things like Saberon, Ogres, or the new Fox People will probably not become new allied races, but then again Blizzard can be unpredictable.

That being said, these are the races that I believe have a strong chance of making it into the game.

Horde

Nathanos Blightcaller Undead, lets just call them Blights for short. With Nathanos having new model yet again, it's not crazy to assume we might get a new forsaken group based on his new transformation. Perhaps these will be an elite group of forsaken which undergo the same process Nathanos did to become less decayed. This way the "human" model is introduced to Horde side.

Draenic Orcs is another possibility. Despite WoD's shortcomings, it is still a part of the lore and when the Alliance and Horde are scrambling for allys it would be silly to overlook an entire Planet of them. Brown orcs have always been heavily requested so this would be the perfect way to bring them. Black skinned orcs could also be incorporated as a skin option since all Draenor Tribes would be a part of "Draenic Orcs".

Alliance

If the horde would get another alliance model then it'd be only fair vice versa. Now the only other Horde racial variant that I could imagine would join the Alliance would be Gilgoblins. When we fight Azshara in 8.2, the Alliance could possibly save some Gilgoblins that are enslaved by Azshara's forces and then have them pledge loyalty to them.

As for the 2nd Option I'm torn. I believe Mechagnomes would be an awesome addition, having a mecha race similar to Wildstar would be pretty neat but I'm not sure how Blizzard would make it work with armor. Another Option would be Leper Gnomes.

Deleted
    This shows off exactly why it's so hard to give Allied races to the alliance and the issues with the original ones alliance has.

The faction is sooo bland in its essence that it's hard to deviate much from what is there already. While the Horde as a group of all misfits can receive any and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh.

There is even less of a racial distinction between Leper Gnomes and Gnomeregan Gnomes than there is between Forsaken and Human.
    Forsaken are Undead Humans. Leper Gnomes are Diseased Gnomes, critically of which, most have gone insane.

They don't make any sense as an allied race.

The only Gnomes that are distinct enough to be seperate allied races are Sand Gnomes (in Terrokar and Uldum) and Mechagnomes
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    Undead elves for Horde (on top of the new 'human' forsaken) would be lore friendly & Hozen are already Horde; Those tauren in Northrend could help.

The Pearlfin Jinyu are technically Alliance already and the model is human enough like to make it easy to adjust stuff for (easier than worgen/Panda for sure). Would also make sense from a logical perspective if fighting Azzy underwater (special OPs underwater Jinyu?).

Goblins could be incorporated in alliance (some new Cartel) or as OP said the Gilgoblins.

I think Draenei should, from now onwards, be recruited solely from Draenor (& lightforged) as the Exodar storyline is closed. This could, at least, give some weight to our WoD acheivements (also the orcs).

We could have Ogres from the Ogre Empire in either faction (why not?). Alternatively Ogres for Horde, Vrykul for Alliance.
    Last edited by mmoc653b863d86; 2017-12-18 at 05:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Broken draenei as allied race for alliance? Or Arakkoa maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Broken draenei as allied race for alliance? Or Arakkoa maybe?
    I doubt they'll be repeat variants so broken are out of the picture. As for arakkoa, its safe to assume that allied races are for variants of already established playable races, but who knows.

Okay, so there's a couple false assumptions here.

1)How skeletons work. There was a whole point on how all player characters are actually on the same skeleton, and that skeleton gets manipulated and pulled and etc. to make the different races.

2)Vulpera look, by all accounts, to be on the Goblin "skeleton" if that were the case.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think the Alliance should get Vrykul, ASAP. It would give them a good looking "Giant" race on par with Tauren in size.

There's also Broken and Vulpera, Sethrak and Jinyuu which would all make good -solid- Alliance Races.

The Horde could get the undead Vrykul through Sylvanas's deal with Helya, making her the new jailer of the Dishonored Dead. That would be pretty swanky.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

7+ Year Old Account
    What I would like to see:

Horde:
    - Mag'har Orc (with brown, grey and white skins)
    - Ogres
    - Vulpera
    - Mogu
    - Forest Troll

Alliance:
    - Broken Draenei
    - Vry'kul
    - Furbolgs
    - Jinyu
    - Wildhammer Dwarf

Going back to Outlands/Draenor, getting help from our Ancestors, getting something furry for both, going back to Pandaria aswell as Hinterlands would make for small story lines each patch ^.^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Mogu are an option any more than Loki's Metalborn Vrykul are. They're aggressive, xenophobic, destructive Titan Constructs.

Besides! They'd fit better on the Ally Side if they were added in as a PC Race, alongside the Humans, Dwarves, and Gnomes.

That said, I think Forest Trolls and Non-Demon Orcs are good choices for the Horde. Naga would also be a nice race to add, there, when the Jinyuu join the Alliance (Aquatic Patch and Aquatic Races!).

Personally? I'm hoping we head to Elune sometime, here, as well as the second moon of Azeroth, and find them both inhabited by new races we can get as allies.

7+ Year Old Account
    The reason why I think Mogu could work - the Zandalari were once allied with them (back before the Sundering) so I think we may be able to get a clan of them as allies for the Horde, while the Alliance gets the Jinyu. Not really a fan of the Hozen and not sure if normal gear could work on them tbh.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point the only races I'd want to see just aren't realistic.

I'd love High Elves but they're out the window...Arakkoa are cool but I don't see them ever being recruited unless Blizzard literally makes a story up about factions getting so desperate they will reach out to any race.

Maybe Man'ari who decided to repent after the fall of the Legion? But that is pretty far fetched. Vrykul I'm on the fence on...does the Alliance need another pink skin?

If Hozen were ever added, I'd ook my dookers in sheer joy.

Just don't tell my friends since I'm blueblood. It's clearly heresy to suggest it, but since it'll never happen I think I'm safe.
    Last edited by Lemondish; 2017-12-18 at 09:20 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The reason why I think Mogu could work - the Zandalari were once allied with them (back before the Sundering) so I think we may be able to get a clan of them as allies for the Horde, while the Alliance gets the Jinyu. Not really a fan of the Hozen and not sure if normal gear could work on them tbh.
    That is... actually a -very- good point I hadn't really considered...

They did have that ancient pact, together, and the Zandalari did come to their Aid when the Mists parted, even using their powerful Voodoo to resurrect the Thunder King.

You have my attention!

10+ Year Old Account
    A rather out there Alliance allied race I thought could work would be the Shadowmoon Exiles from Draenor that were aligned with the Alliance. They would probably have to change their look up a bit to differentiate them from the other Orc clans, though. And I could see Blizz being very reluctant giving any form of the Orc model to the Alliance since they are quintessential Horde race.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    If the horde would get another alliance model then it'd be only fair vice versa. Now the only other Horde racial variant that I could imagine would join the Alliance would be Gilgoblins. When we fight Azshara in 8.2, the Alliance could possibly save some Gilgoblins that are enslaved by Azshara's forces and then have them pledge loyalty to them.
    Interesting idea. I think they could either way and outright make Goblins a semi-neutral race by adding a rival trade guild to the Alliance, carrying through the neutral Goblin lore of Warcraft 3 and explaining how the introduction of the Bilgewater has hurt their brokered deals with the Horde while hurting their own reputation (by proxy, being goblins) with the Alliance.

Obviously their visuals would have to be different somehow, but you could tie in any kind of backstory to explain that. You could say the Bilgewater Goblins come from tropical places while this new guild has lived on the EK for centuries and have adapted unique looks (similar to how Kul Tiras humans look different from regular humans).
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    At this point the only races I'd want to see just aren't realistic.

I'd love High Elves but they're out the window...Arakkoa are cool but I don't see them ever being recruited unless Blizzard literally makes a story up about factions getting so desperate they will reach out to any race.

Maybe Man'ari who decided to repent after the fall of the Legion? But that is pretty far fetched. Vrykul I'm on the fence on...does the Alliance need another pink skin?
    We have tons of arrakoa, outland or dreanor it doesn't matter, they could make a fine ally race (the broken one or the winged one) It wouldn't be that hard to make up a lost clan who took over the spire and with the death of their sun god ( we killed) they need all the help they can get... their cast below or even champions we know from the past... wow I just made something up,.
    As of Vrykul tho.. this is an interesting one. Lets be honest who doesn't like wow Vikings? They are brutes, but dabble in runic magics or even reach out to the light. Alliance or horde would fit them with a 'twist' They could use Sylvanas to lead them into the horde or share nature with orcs. Or they can go the route of humans being family etc.

THe valarjar are, the what? the last race we didn't see as Allied races from Legion as faction that would make sense? They updated their base with legion to show teeth, hands etc they were in a better state then nightborne..

I know, you know, the heck everybody knows by now that High elves are just a dead subject by now, I am sorry if your a fan.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2017-12-18 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    We have tons of arrakoa, outland or dreanor it doesn't matter, they could make a fine ally race (the broken one or the winged one) It wouldn't be that hard to make up a lost clan who took over the spire and with the death of their sun god ( we killed) they need all the help they can get... their cast below or even champions we know from the past... wow I just made something up,.
    As of Vrykul tho.. this is an interesting one. Lets be honest who doesn't like wow Vikings? They are brutes, but dabble in runic magics or even reach out to the light. Alliance or horde would fit them with a 'twist' They could use Sylvanas to lead them into the horde or share nature with orcs. Or they can go the route of humans being family etc.

THe valarjar are, the what? the last race we didn't see as Allied races from Legion as faction that would make sense? They updated their base with legion to show teeth, hands etc they were in a better state then nightborne..

I know, you know, the heck everybody knows by now that High elves are just a dead subject by now, I am sorry if your a fan.
    I'm not saying it wouldn't be possible...but going back to Draenor to recruit races...sounds like something in real desperation...and what if they don't want to fight in our war(s)? Is Blizz just going to make another stupid nonsensical story like the did with Velves? Do we even have access to Outland lore wise? (I mean I know we have a portal to there just so it accessible...but ever since WoD the portal in the blasted lands has lead to AU Draenor.)

Just most of the logical allied races are pretty much going to be more of the same...more Orcs...more Trolls...more Dwarves and Gnomes. I'm just worried for the less logical choices they're just going to make up stupid stories as why they joined the fight.

I mean I really like Arakkoa and do want them...but why would they come and to another universe and fight for us? Unless the Void is like the Twisting Nether and it spans all universes in the same way, obviously they're going to have their universe to worry about...plus we don't know how their population is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    What I would like to see:

Horde:
    - Mag'har Orc (with brown, grey and white skins)
    - Ogres
    - Vulpera
    - Mogu
    - Forest Troll

Alliance:
    - Broken Draenei
    - Vry'kul
    - Furbolgs
    - Jinyu
    - Wildhammer Dwarf

Going back to Outlands/Draenor, getting help from our Ancestors, getting something furry for both, going back to Pandaria aswell as Hinterlands would make for small story lines each patch ^.^
    This! THIS is good! Keep it like this!
    ... and no more elves, we got enough of thos.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I think the Alliance should get Vrykul, ASAP. It would give them a good looking "Giant" race on par with Tauren in size.

There's also Broken and Vulpera, Sethrak and Jinyuu which would all make good -solid- Alliance Races.

The Horde could get the undead Vrykul through Sylvanas's deal with Helya, making her the new jailer of the Dishonored Dead. That would be pretty swanky.
    Vulpera are, supposedly, attached to the Horde and not the Alliance. Besides, no ugly little fox race that'll only be relevant for a single questing zone in one expansion. Icky-wicky.

Broken Draenei are a much more welcome addition than Light Forged ever will be, but sadly it seems we may never end up getting them. Can't have a race with females that aren't cute and able to be sexualized, after all!