Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I answered this in detail many times and I won't repeat it here, sorry.
    Care to throw me a link or something? I'm afraid browsing through your comment history might give me an aneurysm.

Another 3 expansions at the most.

Blizzard is still investing in WoW so there is no reason to think that it will end anytime soon.
    It is not unreasonable to see WoW going strong for another 10 years and even after that, as long as Blizzard keeps the servers going it might very well keep a playerbase for at least another 10 years after that. Just keeping the servers up is also not that costly as long as the IP remains owned by Blizzard.

That said, it is not the same game and with the same amount of players as it had in Wrath. WoW has been in a steady decline since then.

Blizzard themselves have said 2024 minimum.

https://www.polygon.com/2014/10/30/7...around-in-2024

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Care to throw me a link or something? I'm afraid browsing through your comment history might give me an aneurysm.
    I don't have a link handy. I should probably go through my post history and dig one so that I can use it as a shortcut in replies, this is a good idea. I might do this later.

I do have a link with my opinion about the upcoming expansion though, it is in my signature. Two disclaimers: I am a dev (so I can see what takes what kind of effort, etc) and the thing I value most is gameplay (the main source of the proverbial 'fun').

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Current WoW will probably end with Battle for Azeroth... but Classic starts the cycle all over... at least through Wrath of the Lich King... So I suspect about 6-7 years for Classic.
    Can you follow the advice of your old signature and shut up or kindly express your opinion in you Classic dedicated forum thread? Instead of spreading bullshit all around?

OT: don't worry, you will have plenty of time to enjoy this game with your friend!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrtoo View Post
    I tried wow for the first time and leveled to 10 way back, after that i never played it again, i had no money. But in the beginning of 2016 i leveled my first Orc Shaman to level 30, but i quit again because i had no friends playing with. So my friends started to play in legion, and i did too. And i fell in love with the game i have been playing for 1 year now.

I just want to ask this because i love this game, i don't play any other games because wow became my main game now.
    Will wow last for atleast a few more years, like 3+?? I know it's an old mmorpg, 13 years old. But i don't want it to end in like 1 year, and they close down all servers. So, how long do you think wow will last? 2+ years, 3 years, maybe 5?
    Indefinitely, there are more people working on the game than ever. If there's interest then it won't end.

Considering the current pace, I'd say 3011.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

I think WoW is ready to go the way Everquest went if someone makes a really solid alternative. The problem is companies are afraid to even try since an MMO is a huge investment and Blizzard doesn't really have a reason to start up another MMO when their old one is still selling.

Other MMOs tend to settle on finding a particular niche where they can out-do WoW so we've seen games like SWTOR which had better single player storylines (by far) but which in other aspects (PvP, dungeons, raids etc) was just a WoW clone that didn't really reach WoW quality. Companies seem to think that that's the safe bet.

But once someone is willing to risk it and create a solid new trinity MMO with a new engine its easily going to feel like an upgrade to WoW because it doesn't need to build upon ancient code and a world that has gone stale for many old players (IMO the story of WoW was finished with the death of the Lich King). New MMO players will default to that game and WoW will transition into a "legacy" game with a very dedicated old fan base chasing achievements, pets and so on but few new players and much less support for endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Wait 7 days from now or 7 working days?
    I dunno, but she will come for the servers after 7 days and murder them!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    The devs said Legion is only slightly more successful than WoD.

And WoD was BAAAAAAAD!!
    No they said the first few months were just a bit better than WOD, and WOD was quite successful at the start. I would think Legion has retained a lot more players than WOD did.

Blizz could honestly end this game with the next xpac

They could leave a open ended war that will never have a outcome then we fight Ashzara which we know is gonna be a boss then fight N'zoth at the end.

With Classic coming it seems Blizz could put this game to bed then leave the servers open for decades to come.

Besides who else is left? We honestly cant defeat the void anymore than we could defeat the light we know both must exist to balance out the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    No they said the first few months were just a bit better than WOD, and WOD was quite successful at the start. I would think Legion has retained a lot more players than WOD did.
    Actually they talked about year-over-year performance and compared the first months of Legion to the middle months of WoD. Likely by the number of play hours as this was the metric they talked about in other slides.

Deleted
    Till i die

Deleted
    WoW will continue until as long as there are people with an internet connection it is just such easy money for Blizzard: monthly fee, expansions AND cash shop

I doubt Blizzard would pull the plug on WoW. I'm sure by the end of BFA the population (Classic included) will have wound down to the last dedicated >1,000,000 subs, but that's still more than enough to allow Blizzard to continue running the game. The PVE/PVP realm changes coming with BFA will help them draw down on the number of servers, and with smaller/less frequent expansions they could stay profitable with several 100k subs. Why end the gravy train when the last group of passengers are pretty much hooked for life?

The IP is already being used in other games so it's not like they NEED to end WoW to continue developing Warcraft content, but it would definitely make it much easier to develop story driven content. I'd very much like WoW to be brought to a close with BFA and would hope that Blizzard bring the story back to an RTS medium. Don't think that'll happen, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhidhg View Post
    Blizz could honestly end this game with the next xpac

They could leave a open ended war that will never have a outcome then we fight Ashzara which we know is gonna be a boss then fight N'zoth at the end.

With Classic coming it seems Blizz could put this game to bed then leave the servers open for decades to come.

Besides who else is left? We honestly cant defeat the void anymore than we could defeat the light we know both must exist to balance out the universe.
    Its almost like they can write in new lore,new characters, new enemies. I know, its shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    The only reason you are seeing a uptick in raiding is because there is literally nothing else left to do in the game, and teh new Raid is really easy. This wont last . I already see massive drop off of players. my main guild is down to one person out of 25 at the start of Argus. Friends list is bare as everyone has cancelled their subs. So a year to the next Expansion and BfA is not exactly got a lot of people chomping at the bit to buy the damn thing. Hearth stone is making them more money then WOW , and it takes less resources to run. Overwatch was making more money, buyt that game seems to have slowed down a lot as well.
    Well that is your experience.
    Mine is in this Expansion i see way much more friends playing then in WoD or maybe even MOP.
    Of course some take a break and come back after a while but this expac has been good for my friends list.

Quote Originally Posted by Erythros View Post
    i'm really trying to not take sides in the infected vanilla vs retail debate but such posts make it hard...

you actually believe that anyone (other than the occasional weirdo) would play something like TBC in 2019 or whenever you estimate its' release?... or even better that people would actually replay xpacs like cata and wod? LOL? what are you smoking and can i have some?

btw who even said that classic will be anything more than classic? what cycle are you even talking about?...
    I never said Cata & WoD... specifically I stated through Wrath. If each one lasts 2+ years... you have 6-7 years.

Noone said Classic would rool into BC... but it will if it's successful. And apparently I think it will be wildly so.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW ain't going anywhere.
    Hell, maybe Blizzard are working on a WoW re-work (Not wow2), but turning WoW into something even better, with better engine, new mechanics, etc.