Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I can confirm Kryll is correct. I am the Grinch, a miller.

I honestly half gave up when i got the role card as i knew as soon as I was investigated i would be (rightfully) lynched

End of Day 3

Marack(5): Kryllian(#117), Graeham(#129), Lora(#139), Listo95(secret), ????
    Graeham(1): Marack(#127)

Visibly shaken, and very nonplussed
    the now-smaller group then returned to discuss
    There was much to debate, and now time was nigh
    first topic du jour - what is your alibi?

Odin the ancient, a watcher of mortals
    Tomte the crafty, a healer for chortles
    A meanie old Grinch, once all childrens worst fears
    And Belsnickel, who locked wicked in fur

Then Father Winter, a wisened old dude
    And finally, Axe Cop - ever so crude
    Someone was lying, but who was the one?
    Marack was the one that threw the first stone

Freezing the guy who did just not fit in
    Axe cop was frozen, from feet to his chin
    Lora passed out, from the hole in his chest
    The rest of the group found Marack was the beast

A quick a bus stop later, dropping Marack off
    remaining four players, and a frozen axe cop.
    The scum looked at each other, with an evil frown
    And proceeded to eat the remaining three town

And so, it came to, that on the north pole
    The evil had finally managed their goal
    You better watch out, you better hide true
    Or Cthulhu and friends will devour you.

Merry Christmas, and a happy new year.

Game is over - who won?

Winners:
    - Virothe, Cthulhu (godfather)
    - Listo95, Nyarlathotep (doublevoter)
    - Kryllian, Yog-Sothoth (rolecop)

Mod Thread
    https://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/hZVAy4DzwwR3

Dead Thread
    https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/MWu5QV2gCXDN3

Comments
    - I seriously fucked up on adding the doublevoter. It was way too powerful a role in a small game like this.
    - Two out of three lynches was decided by the doublevoter; that's denying the town their power really.
    - As such, I must consider this game a mod failure. Sorry

- I knew a doublevoter would be powerful, but the town had a dreaming god with 3 potent effects, and a bulletproof townie, and a vigcop.
    - Lesson learned: doublevoters are way too powerful to be balanced in games < 20 players.

- The mafia could have won on D2 by just pooling their votes on the first miscast vote... and there was nothing I could do about it short of hotpatching the game.
    - Robozerim almost blocked a mafia kill, but stopped himself from doing so by summoning meat-hook (he would have stopped his own death)
    - Robozerim was indeed the cannibal in the setup, and that's all by pure chance. Success?

- Santa died on D1, again. This is seriously a cursed role. Next year's christmas game hoster - make sure santa is a jester. Only way to handle this curse!
    - I tried breaking the curse by making everyone santa in this game (except axe cop). It clearly didn't work out.
    - Or maybe it did, and the town lost as a result?

- In retrospect I think I should have made this a 2 scum game rather than a 3 scum game. I overcompensated for the santa role I think.
    - Having one more player would have made this far more balanced for town. Let's all blame a-sayo for not playing rather than the failmod!

- The scum played really well, having the full list of townies known by early D3. That's an achievement in itself. Good job.

I hope you had fun despite the lopsided balance. I think the game was rather good if you disregard that, and you made that happen.
    We may have ruined christmas forever, but at least the new world order of christmas carols are kinda neat.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...72FBB0BB605492
    Last edited by Danner; 2017-12-27 at 11:57 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow I actually managed to guess what Tomte's role was supposed to be? Thankfully I saw he was also a guardian in the wiki!

- - - Updated - - -

My original fake claim for him was gonna be a hider and any ability that would have targeted me would have hit the person I'm hiding behind, if they are killed I die also.

I listed the original setup in the dead thread - Tomte was intended as a hider from the get-go. Never got to use the role, so you got him as a fake claim instead
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I listed the original setup in the dead thread - Tomte was intended as a hider from the get-go. Never got to use the role, so you got him as a fake claim instead
    Yeah I saw that's is why I stated that. Found it kinda funny I managed to think the same before I saw the guardian bit

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the game Danner. I think you’re right the double vote was OP. But it was still fun.

Also Graeham qt points to crackles...

Thanks for the game, Danner!

Town definitely did not stand a decent chance at winning, though at least scum did not cruise by completely unscathed.

@Kryllian: Fixed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Danner!

Well last game was town heavy so seems only fair lol

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why you always lynch virothe first

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    This is why you always lynch virothe first
    *taking notes*

Wow I won without having to do a damn thing, I give all credit to my amazing skilled level of play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Wow I won without having to do a damn thing, I give all credit to my amazing skilled level of play.
    You're the worst

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    @Danner

Thanks for the game

@Crissi

Thanks for putting your faith in me, by the way. Your reward is a free pass during the next game we both play.

@Marack

7+ Year Old Account
    @Graeham don't worry, I'll still vote you. Needless to say, you didn't believe me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    @Crissi

Thanks for putting your faith in me, by the way. Your reward is a free pass during the next game we both play.

@Marack

Probably taking a game off then I'll be back!

7+ Year Old Account
    @Crissi Noooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    @Graeham don't worry, I'll still vote you. Needless to say, you didn't believe me.
    I bagged a scum, though!

If you had not gone after me I would not have gone after you. Scum love nothing more than for people to try and mislynch a vigilante after all - so that was what I assumed you were doing.