Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I once had a tank in Cathedral of Eternal Night that wrote a lot of insults in the chat and refused to kill the WQ boss (this was early broken shore, we wanted that rep). There was no provocation from what I could tell, he was just really angry for no reason. In the end he left when the rest of us decided to just kill the (WQ)boss without him.

5 min later, we got a new "tank" I say it like that because he was in fury spec, and we rushed through the rest of the dungeon without a single wipe.(heroic)

Most tanks are OK, but since the only really hard part about it (on lower difficulties) is the anxiety that comes with the responsibility, it is no surprise that you get the occasional egomaniac.

This is why I don’t tank with randoms, lest I have to deal with “hot shit” dime a dozen DPS that thinks they won’t be replaced in 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2017-12-21 at 04:36 PM.

Deleted
    I love it when the tank stops up during leveling in dungeons, and asks the healers to let the retarded, spacebar spamming, multi shotting Hunter soloing the instance die because it's their job or role to tank.

Like come on dude, just tape your W key and spam consecration, if you really feel useless, trying being a mage, they can't even finish their fireball before a target is dead.

I always queue as Brewmaster and then go Windwalker.

Who even cares its heroic, could probably do it for Mythic aswell but eh.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    same, 945 was doing daily heroic for the essence. im pet and self tanking at this point (demo lock) and im able to solo mob packs, and they kick me for not letting the tank tank
    If you can do that, fine, but inform the other players, ask the tank if he minds you taking on mobs on your own, tell the healer he doesn't have to focus on you.

If you just run into mob packs unannounced, people will think you're a brainless, semi-afk or selflessly impatient DPS.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    same, 945 was doing daily heroic for the essence. im pet and self tanking at this point (demo lock) and im able to solo mob packs, and they kick me for not letting the tank tank
    You know why right? Because it's fucking annoying.

I think some people take the "you pull it you tank it" thing a little too literally. I don't care if you accidentally pull a group, I don't even care if you space out and forget your place and pull a group. But holy shit is it annoying when I've just pulled six groups and some asshole DPS runs off and pulls another few groups because then I've got mobs everywhere that I have to round up because Johnny Dipshit that pulled thinks he's overgeared, but the rest of the group is getting wrecked. It makes more work for me, and I don't like it. Rather than letting me pull several groups neatly so it goes smoothly for everyone someone's ADHD kicked in and now I've got to go running all over the place. I've kicked people out of keystones for it.

And if people think that makes me a bad player, well, I'll be sure to shed big tears about it tonight while I'm tanking in Mythic Antorus. GL w/ your heroic pug or whatever.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is exactly why I say again, that mentality of "herpa derp you pull u tank!" is outdated and should be ban worthy.

If a mob is pulled, fucking regardless of how it was pulled, its the tanks fucking job to *GASP* tank it!

Friendly reminder to everyone who holds the "you pull you tank" mentality: Get out of your stubborn ways and come to reality. Its not 2004 anymore.
    Hey, you're the dps. my job as tank is to tank, which includes pulling, unless I specifically ask you to do so because I don't have a ranged pull, which guess what? Every tank has a ranged pull now. You want my job, you can have it along with that whole fucking pack you just pulled, hunter.

know why it takes so much longer to find a tank than a DPS at high level? because of all the armchair "1337 tanks that have totally cleared mythic for realsies so you have to bow before me!" dipshit DPS who wouldn't know any mechanic more advanced than "do rotation, stand in avoidable AOE, blame someone else" if it ran up and kicked their balls into their lungs. Tanxiety exists because of fucktard DPS who think they're god's gift to groups blaming their enormous list of failures and fuckups on others. you have the audacity to claim that you neglecting your part of the deal is my fault?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    You're the reason people wipe when some fresh 110 healer is trying to do heroics.

Just thought I'd add on to the OP; When did watching the healer and their mana stop being a job for the tank? Not really talking about heroics but mythics and shit. I don't even need to call out my mana in my guild cause the tanks are watching it and wont pull unless they think i have enough for the next pull or boss.
    TBH, at this point in time of the expansion, there really is no point to "watch the healer and their mana", especially when we have 10-12 million health tanks and 6 million health dps entering dungeon queues, with the occasional random 2-3m health nubs entering the queue and essentially get a free carry.

If you (using you in the general sense, tanks, heals dps who are geared for the heroic dungeon content) really wanted to actually tank, or actually heal the content, you would go in with a full group of fresh 110s so you can get the experience you are looking for. OR, blizzard could separate players in the queue by ilvl so you wouldn't have those who just want to get the daily heroic done, who are overgeared for it, and those who actually want to have fun in the content using the appropriate power gear to accomplish it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Hey, you're the dps. my job as tank is to tank, which includes pulling, unless I specifically ask you to do so because I don't have a ranged pull, which guess what? Every tank has a ranged pull now. You want my job, you can have it along with that whole fucking pack you just pulled, hunter.

know why it takes so much longer to find a tank than a DPS at high level? because of all the armchair "1337 tanks that have totally cleared mythic for realsies so you have to bow before me!" dipshit DPS who wouldn't know any mechanic more advanced than "do rotation, stand in avoidable AOE, blame someone else" if it ran up and kicked their balls into their lungs. Tanxiety exists because of fucktard DPS who think they're god's gift to groups blaming their enormous list of failures and fuckups on others. you have the audacity to claim that you neglecting your part of the deal is my fault?
    You realize that tanks, and dps have 7-12 million health now days queuing for a heroic dungeon right? Literally triple the requirement for being there. You also realize that they are buffed even more by up to 15% when they queue solo or duo right?

I mean, I could walk into neths lair and let packs of monsters beat on me and I would never die even as a dps. Mobs can be 2 shot in heroic dungeons now.

So your whining of "u pull u tank!" is just a bullshit cop out from doing your fucking job in the dungeon as a tank. Furthermore, there is no "your part of the deal", in fact, there is no "deal" at all for a random group of strangers. If anything, the DPS's "deal" is to *GASP* DPS! Your "deal" as a tank is to *GASP* tank! No matter what. Period. End of story. Done.

It's okay if you're not good enough at the game to respect your role as a DPS,not everyone can have above 90 IQ after all,we won't hold it against you OP.

*pats OP on the head*

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Nah, tank got kicked for standing there and simply making it take more time than it should, you know that mentality of "You tank you pull" despite the fact trash mobs died in 2 globals.

Hence this post, so fucking annoying as a fellow tank watching all these bads doing that shit.
    Been tanking since BC. Prot warr and Paladin. You tank, you pull is still my motto. Shit drives me nuts. I find hunters to be the worst offenders.

Deleted
    When I tank, I usually come to the WQ if people ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    it takes like 2 seconds to inspect the healer when you zone in and base the pace of the instance on the DPS and the healers ILVL. Most of the time you're right, it's a waste of time, but it wastes more time pulling more than the healer can handle and having the group wipe.
    I agree with your premise, but the majority of the time, as you said its not necessary.

I queued as a healer last night, got into the dungeon, and had nothing to heal. The tank and 2 dps were massively geared, 1 dps had around 3.5m health and was able to do fine on his own. I just said "screw this" and changed to dps and we didn't have heals. I know thats not the case in every run, but quite literally for like the last 4-5 weeks, the majority of the time, its like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You know why right? Because it's fucking annoying.

I think some people take the "you pull it you tank it" thing a little too literally. I don't care if you accidentally pull a group, I don't even care if you space out and forget your place and pull a group. But holy shit is it annoying when I've just pulled six groups and some asshole DPS runs off and pulls another few groups because then I've got mobs everywhere that I have to round up because Johnny Dipshit that pulled thinks he's overgeared, but the rest of the group is getting wrecked. It makes more work for me, and I don't like it. Rather than letting me pull several groups neatly so it goes smoothly for everyone someone's ADHD kicked in and now I've got to go running all over the place. I've kicked people out of keystones for it.

And if people think that makes me a bad player, well, I'll be sure to shed big tears about it tonight while I'm tanking in Mythic Antorus. GL w/ your heroic pug or whatever.
    "because Johnny Dipshit that pulled thinks he's overgeared, but the rest of the group is getting wrecked."
    except we are, and i can solo tank the group fine without anyone dying.
    we are talking heroic dungeons not keystones. also who said anything about pulling "random groups"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    If you can do that, fine, but inform the other players, ask the tank if he minds you taking on mobs on your own, tell the healer he doesn't have to focus on you.

If you just run into mob packs unannounced, people will think you're a brainless, semi-afk or selflessly impatient DPS.
    I said so and everyone said sure but the tank said nothing then later yelled at me and convinced the others to kick me.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Why does every ranter on MMO-C refer others as kids?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Why does every ranter on MMO-C refer others as kids?
    Easy way to bait people, makes them angry.

I boosted my friend through some HC's the other day in my DPS spec but queued as the tank. No-one complained, no-one died, bosses and WQ's never got close to killing me. If you're complaining about the tank being slow because you're rushing ahead and then realising you need the tank, you're the problem, not them.

Some tanks haven't been tanks long and are learning, so they go pack by pack while they get a handle on threat and rotations. So you can either be a good player and be patient while they learn or be a dick and complain when in reality, you were the same when you started out as a tank.

Also if you are a tank, why are you playing fury. If it's your main spec it should be geared enough to fly through heroics as fast as if you were in a dps spec anyway. So either you're a shit tank or you've got shit gear and shouldn't be running ahead. Either way, put your epeen away, it's smaller than you think it is and let people play without having to deal with your hissy fit.

(If you came to this forum thinking people would support you, you're delusional. And it's not because we're cry baby forum kids, it's just because we're mostly actually normal rational and kind people and you were being a dick and don't like being called out on it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post

Also if you are a tank, why are you playing fury. If it's your main spec it should be geared enough to fly through heroics as fast as if you were in a dps spec anyway. So either you're a shit tank or you've got shit gear and shouldn't be running ahead. Either way, put your epeen away, it's smaller than you think it is and let people play without having to deal with your hissy fit.

(If you came to this forum thinking people would support you, you're delusional. And it's not because we're cry baby forum kids, it's just because we're mostly actually normal rational and kind people and you were being a dick and don't like being called out on it.)
    So much this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Mmo-champion remains adorable, no one died, no one cares what he did, this is just a post to remind all these pathetic excuse of tanks that they arent special and if they simply suck it up, things go faster for everyone.

The run does go faster overall, even if its 30 seconds, if the tank isnt a stubborn mmo-champion child.
    Not a very constructive start, not very many constructive responses. Since the op continues to pour fuel on this dumpster fire I'll close it. Rant threads aren't usually very useful to anyone.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."