Mistweaver, ilevel vs set bonuses?

Hi all,
    Sorry if this has already been covered but I was wondering if someone could shred some light on how much ilevel the new set bonuses are worth.

Assuming the pieces have all the same stats for the moment, I have a 950 chest, but using this would break my Antorus 2 set bonus, but I only have a raid finder chest set bonus chest so a 915 ilevel which accounts for roughly 5% of my healing in a fight. So how much would the lost in int (almost 1k) justify going for the set bonus?
    I guess I should repeat the question for the 4 set when I get it. Does the 4 set increase healing by enough to justify using significantly lower pieces?

Thanks

Mjolnrik

Each of the 2 piece and 4 piece hover around 3-3.5% of my healing. That's all I got.

iirc from the Monk discord, both tier bonuses are worth like 50 ilvls each or something

That sounds pretty insane. Well thanks for your insight

As far as I can tell, that 50 ilvls bit is mentioned once on Peak of Serenity without explanation or numbers of any kind, and everyone is just running with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    Each of the 2 piece and 4 piece hover around 3-3.5% of my healing. That's all I got.
    mine does 10% or more combined, I do cast effuse a lot(may have something to do with it)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=2
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    mine does 10% or more combined, I do cast effuse a lot(may have something to do with it)
    Do you actively gear for mastery, or is it just byproduct of the pieces that happened to drop? Cause you have a loot of gust of mists heals o-O
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Do you actively gear for mastery, or is it just byproduct of the pieces that happened to drop? Cause you have a loot of gust of mists heals o-O
    What's wrong with that? Just because someone says that something is the best gear to wear doesn't mean that's gospel for you and your playstyle.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    What's wrong with that? Just because someone says that something is the best gear to wear doesn't mean that's gospel for you and your playstyle.
    Even if you use a heavy effuse / SG playstyle and proc many masteries, Crit and Vers are still better. Mastery simply doesn't hit enough spells in raids.

Well you have 2 way to play right now it seems.

So the value of your 2pc/4pc depends on your playstyle.

That is the same fight, same legendaries, trinkets and ilvl.. resulted in pretty much the same hps.

I did the right log, I was amazed how somebody could spy Vivify that much without going oom (no innervate and wisdoms) lol.

That's on Antoran High Command mythic.

That is a lot more Chi Bolts.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well you have 2 way to play right now it seems.

So the value of your 2pc/4pc depends on your playstyle.

That is the same fight, same legendaries, trinkets and ilvl.. resulted in pretty much the same hps.

I did the right log, I was amazed how somebody could spy Vivify that much without going oom (no innervate and wisdoms) lol.

That's on Antoran High Command mythic.

That is a lot more Chi Bolts.
    Yep I ranked 95th % with a a high haste mastery build with 38 effuse casts.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=9

stat weights are bogus
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2018-01-04 at 09:12 PM.
    Mistweaver Monk |

A lot of things can work for mw.. actually progressing on the same fight (AHC) i found myself doing a lot of spot healing and few essence fonts. Decided to gear with more haste and mastery and it felt good. Went full mm+ gear with sephuz and yolo effuse. Up to 20% of my healing from gust of mists. Went through my log today and did some calculation, turns out swapping 1000 mastery for 1000 crit with the same values would cause +1% healing increase...

Not so bogus...

Deleted
    With focus thunder talent 2P+4P goes up to 10% healing, 15% for Varimathras.
    With rising thunder talent 2P+4P goes up to 15% healing ^^
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

9500 mastery points for 13.2% healing is not good but it's even worst as we have 104% mastery baseline. It means that your 9500 mastery points bring only 10% additional healing trough gust of the mist (9500 cc points is 23.75% additional cc)

Roughly even with a lots of effuse and Chi Ji talent, 2 mastery points are worth 1 cc point.

It does not mean that you should not go for it, it's good for spot healing but you should be aware that it's an hps loss. If you do not have any hpal then playing mass effuse with 4pT21 and haste/mastery build is good for the team even if you have to sacrifice 5% hps. Healing is not (only) a question of big green numbers. On top of that you can tell the Demon Hunters that you sacrifice your hps and what have they given exactly on Coven?

If I have to go to the haste/mastery build I would not pick RJW talent but you probably have your reason for this choice.
    Last edited by mmoc1c5469f119; 2018-01-09 at 09:40 AM.