Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Seething Shore, Mythic+ Battle Res, Ogmot Journal, Blue Posts, Blizzard Holiday Sale

Hell For The Holidays Sale

Could Hearthstone Players on iOS Soon be Buying Dust Instead of Card Packs?

7.3.5 PTR - Seething Shore Screenshots
    The latest PTR has introduced the Seething Shore Battleground for testing!

Name Points Category
    A Good Start Collect 100,000 Azerite in Seething Shore.
    20Seething Shore
    Blood and Sand Slay 50 enemies near an Azerite deposit.
    10Seething Shore
    Claim Jumper Within 30 seconds of landing on Seething Shore, collect an Azerite deposit.
    10Seething Shore
    Death from Above Slay an enemy within 30 seconds of landing on Seething Shore.
    10Seething Shore
    Master of Seething Shore Complete the Seething Shore achievements listed below.
    25Seething Shore
    Seething Shore Domination Capture Azerite each of the following locations in Seething Shore.
    20Seething Shore
    Seething Shore Perfection Win Seething Shore with a score of 1500 to 0.
    20Seething Shore
    Seething Shore Veteran Complete 100 victories in Seething Shore.
    15Seething Shore
    Seething Shore Victory Win Seething Shore.
    10Seething Shore

7.3.5 PTR - Mythic Plus Battle Resurrections
    Combat resurrections in Mythic+ dungeons in Patch 7.3.5 will function similarly to the way they currently do in raids.

• Combat resurrections start with 1 charge for the group and gain a new charge every 10 minutes.
    • Raise Ally, Rebirth, Soulstone and Hunter battle resurrections all share the same charges.
    • You can accumulate a total of 5 charges at a time, however, it would take 40 minutes to reach this point.

7.3.5 PTR - Ogmot Journal
    Ogmot the Mad is a new rare elite ogre in Silithus that drops Ogmot's Dream Journal. This journal contains 10 pages that detail the events of a nameless person who deals with the whispers of the Old Gods. The drop was originally discovered by wilder_people!

The Fine Art of Fan Art: Episode 2 – Cosplay
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Meet Fenvaria from Germany and Ewenae from France. They’re on a quest to bring two of Azeroth’s most famous sisters—Alleria and Sylvanas Windrunner—to life. Taking iconic characters from a virtual realm into the real world requires a lot of work, but the support of a tight-knit community and ever-improving crafting techniques means costumes are getting better all the time.

Check out the video below to learn more.

If you missed the first episode of The Fine Art of Fan Art, you can watch it here. Stay tuned for the next installment coming soon

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadowform Graphic Error
    I've confirmed that in 7.3.5, the visual levels of Voidform will now always use the new models, instead of the old leviathan tails, regardless of whether Shadowform is glyphed or not.

Happy holidays! (Official Forums)

Blizzard Store Holiday Sale
    The official Blizzard Store has started its holiday deals. Like previous years, store pets and mounts are half off along with discounts on Blizzard games until January 2nd, 2018!

Gamepedia Pax South 2018 Weekend Pass Giveaway
    Our friends over at Gamepedia are doing a giveaway for weekend passes to Pax South 2018 in San Antonio!

Last edited by chaud; 2017-12-22 at 06:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    damn! i was looking forward to a desert battleground, not sure why they put this lil jungle on the coast of silithus.looks nice though, just a lil wild 2 me!

also the draenor ogre architecture is a lil bizarre

I do like me a sale though..

Deleted
    It's strange to see ogre assets from Draenor being used on Azeroth. We've never been led to believe that ogres brought their architecture style with them.

Deleted
    Love the M+ change, it's exactly what I hoped they would do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty good IRL Transmog what those girls got

new battleground looks pretty bad, i am so disappointed

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging from the achievement list, Seething Shore sounds like yet another Arathi Basin. Could we maybe have something new for a battleground? Please? PLEASE?

Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit View Post
    Judging from the achievement list, Seething Shore sounds like yet another Arathi Basin. Could we maybe have something new for a battleground? Please? PLEASE?
    From what I gathered from Blizzcon is that it is a Dynamic Capture Point battleground... So EotS but where the cap points changes every now and then

Quote Originally Posted by Arakara View Post
    It's strange to see ogre assets from Draenor being used on Azeroth. We've never been led to believe that ogres brought their architecture style with them.
    That looks more like Twilights Hammer assets, seen those since Cata hit
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    From what I gathered from Blizzcon is that it is a Dynamic Capture Point battleground... So EotS but where the cap points changes every now and then
    Not really you cap ("mine") a point, you get 100 points, and move on, it's not like you hold those points, or defend them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Okay I'm against the changes to mythic+ battle res. Now I don't think it will 'ruin' it or anything of the sort, but it highlights something I loath about games, namely changing the core game to cater to an esport. They've already got custom code the event realm, this could really just be limited to that server, especially since it already provides a very different experience compared to live when players have access to all classes and really high level gear compared to what they could realistically get otherwise.

As it stands this is a net-negative for a majority of the player base, especially people like my 'team' of five people where we have a warlock, a priest, a bm hunter, a rogue, and myself a druid. Oh your class has an advantage in one area? Well good bye to that because we want to push an esport!

Now if they compensated for the throttling by giving M+ the same reset system as raids for lust/cooldowns/etc it might be something interesting, but as it stands, no. It's just a terrible decision driven by a new fad that could be limited to the environment where it's actually a problem.

god this expansion looks so boring´
    its domination point - pandaria and the other place all over again

10+ Year Old Account
    Those screenshots give me MoP vibes.

Deleted
    Definitely looks Pandarish. Isn't it supposed to be near Silithus?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Not at all, just go look at Uldum in the rivers delta where Tol'vir is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    Okay I'm against the changes to mythic+ battle res. Now I don't think it will 'ruin' it or anything of the sort, but it highlights something I loath about games, namely changing the core game to cater to an esport. They've already got custom code the event realm, this could really just be limited to that server, especially since it already provides a very different experience compared to live when players have access to all classes and really high level gear compared to what they could realistically get otherwise.

As it stands this is a net-negative for a majority of the player base, especially people like my 'team' of five people where we have a warlock, a priest, a bm hunter, a rogue, and myself a druid. Oh your class has an advantage in one area? Well good bye to that because we want to push an esport!

Now if they compensated for the throttling by giving M+ the same reset system as raids for lust/cooldowns/etc it might be something interesting, but as it stands, no. It's just a terrible decision driven by a new fad that could be limited to the environment where it's actually a problem.
    CR is not a comparable advantage to others though, it's by far the strongest utility there is for M+ and is the main reason resto druids and blood dk's are so sought after. This change brings CR in line with all the other utility, since you can't stack them well either. Having several classes with bloodlust doesn't result in more bloodlusts, having several stuns doesn't necessarily allow you to stun any more than before due to diminishing return.

It's a necessary change to allow more classes to be even considered to be brought along for their utility. Face it, a team with 3+ combat resses have a much better chance of success than a team with only one or even none, it's way too powerful not to be treated with the same restriction as bloodlust.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    god this expansion looks so boring´
    its domination point - pandaria and the other place all over again
    Entirely different scenery and foliage than Pandaria, so... MoP was not a tropical island.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    No, it does not.

It looks more similar to the Goblin tropical isles.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is that High Warlord Volrath in the ship?!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    CR is not a comparable advantage to others though, it's by far the strongest utility there is for M+ and is the main reason resto druids and blood dk's are so sought after. This change brings CR in line with all the other utility, since you can't stack them well either. Having several classes with bloodlust doesn't result in more bloodlusts, having several stuns doesn't necessarily allow you to stun any more than before due to diminishing return.

It's a necessary change to allow more classes to be even considered to be brought along for their utility. Face it, a team with 3+ combat resses have a much better chance of success than a team with only one or even none, it's way too powerful not to be treated with the same restriction as bloodlust.
    The thing is that 'advantages' only matter in the competitive mythic+ screen, which is practised by a incredible minority of players. This change affects everyone, which is why I object to it. It only matters for the esport and the few thousand people pushing keys above 20-25, so it could have easily been limited to just the esport, same way the gearing and affix combos were.

Mythic+ is PvE not PvP, so 99.9% of the time what one team does doesn't matter to other teams.