Poll: Do you like the current heirloom system?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Good job on responding without actually reading, I guess? "It's sadistic to play a game for reasons other than my own"

Better varies from person to person, which you would know if you bothered using common sense or even reading my post. Again, easier and better are not mutually exclusive. Being able to skip the content faster, content I find boring at this point regardless of rather I'm 1 shotting mobs or not, is a better experience for me.

Better in this situation is getting out of the way quicker.

That doesn't even make sense. At all.

Me: "I don't like the current leveling system as it is and would prefer to get it out of the way asap. I wouldn't mind it being better in a way I like it"
    You: "No, you can't say you'd like it because right now, you're willing to skip a completely different system that you don't like."
    Me: ??????
    You are just lazy.
    There is no shame.
    No need to make all this drama.

Nobody will touch your heirlooms, but it is inevitable that heirlooms power will be scaled down in BFA, maybe in 7.3.5 they will not touch them and see how this work with old content scaled.

Maybe even full heirloom you will not be able to 1 shot mobs, grey out zone and think but you will still level 3x time faster than people with no heirlooms.
    And maybe you will stop thinking that you are doing the same story over and over while you arent but in reality you are making grey out an entire zone with just 3 quest.a
    Last edited by mmocbfa8dc246d; 2018-01-12 at 02:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    You are just lazy.
    There is no shame.
    No need to make all this drama.

Nobody will touch your heirlooms, but it is inevitable that heirlooms power will be scaled down in BFA, maybe in 7.3.5 they will not touch them and see how this work with old content scaled.

Maybe even full heirloom you will not be able to 1 shot mobs, grey out zone and think but you will still level 3x time faster than people with no heirlooms.

And maybe you will stop thinking that you are not doing the same story over and over while you will stop grey out an entire zone with just 3 quest.
    Resorting to strawmanning, how sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder how many people saw the title, missed the poll title, and voted according to the thread title. I did >.>
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Deleted
    Whatever makes you happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Wonder how many people saw the title, missed the poll title, and voted according to the thread title. I did >.>
    A lot of people, don't get why mod didn't delete the thread.

Sorry son, the leveling system (as well as many other parts) of today's WoW is basically designed as a singleplayer game. Alot of todays players do not want the traditional mmorpg-style of game and thats why the game looks as it does. The need for instant gratification and easy rewards with no effort plays a huge part in the current game. Blizzard neither will or can reverse that now.

Next demands will probably be:
    "OMG I cleared raid X now I want 1000% increase buff on all stats so I can solo it!! Raiding is tedious and boring AF!! Why spend time on useless content, I want my epics ffs!!"
    And with the same reasoning when confronted as seen in this thread:
    "Stop whining, fuck off! Don't ruin it for others! You don't have to use the buff if you don't want to!"

wither or not looms are gone next patch i wont be levelling another toom once 7.3.5 hit, i hate levelling enough as it is currently as its boring making it more grindy wont make it more fun for me, i just want it over with asap and fuck paying 60 quid for a boost

Degustibus.

But beside personal taste, playing an online MMO RPG while hating levelling is pretty sadistic tbh.

You can level now and stomp through content with heirlooms.

Ofc if you wanted an allied races 110 asap well guys, you are unlucky
    WoW has never been about leveling though. Focus is and has always been about the endgame.
    Having heirlooms in the game is great for the people that want to level fast and it does not affect people like you that for whatever weird reason likes leveling.

There is no reason what so ever to remove them from the game. If anything, they should add more with higher percentages on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    No, it doesn't. You're moving goalposts.

You can't sit there and say that wanting to blaze through leveling in MMORPGs is sadistic and imply it's wrong, when it's such a minor aspect to many. A lot of people don't play this for that reason. There's nothing wrong with not enjoying leveling in this game, but playing it because you can get thousands of hours out of it's endgame.

Just because some enjoy it does not mean others are wrong for playing the game and not enjoying it.

As for this point, you're all over the place. There's nothing to indicate that one can't be both.

It's incredibly ignorant to think that none of us, who currently like blazing through leveling, want to enjoy it. Hell, ignorant isn't the right word, it's flat out stupid. The former is a result of the latter not coming to fruition.

A lot of us want better leveling, but guess what, to us, giving us the same content, but slowing it down doesn't accomplish that. I don't replay story games hundreds of times expecting to still be captivated by the story. WoW quests are no different. I want to enjoy leveling, Blizzard just isn't doing it in a way that reaches me. This is something that's going to vary from person to person. Claiming that we don't want to be able to enjoy leveling is just stupid.

This is exactly why Heirlooms aren't being removed, despite these threads. Blizzard is still going to give us a way to fast track leveling, even if it's at a lesser rate. There's nothing wrong with options.
    How would you feel if you could just buy Mythic Tier Gear once you have ever cleared a raid, and with every new raid that comes out you can 'upgrade' to the new tier for gold?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    wither or not looms are gone next patch i wont be levelling another toom once 7.3.5 hit, i hate levelling enough as it is currently as its boring making it more grindy wont make it more fun for me, i just want it over with asap and fuck paying 60 quid for a boost
    I'm holding of on leveling until 7.3.5 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    I'm holding of on leveling until 7.3.5 hits.
    well HF with it, its not for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    WoW has never been about leveling though. Focus is and has always been about the endgame.
    Having heirlooms in the game is great for the people that want to level fast and it does not affect people like you that for whatever weird reason likes leveling.

There is no reason what so ever to remove them from the game. If anything, they should add more with higher percentages on them.
    Vanilla was 90% levelling as core.

TBC slightly

Wrath was the Golden Era of raiding and levelling was already on track for a storytelling like wod-legion.

Beside that, it is Blizzard that decide to leave or remove Heirlooms, I am fine to have levelling gear but not this strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Are you seriously trying to equate mythic raiding to the leveling experience of WoW? Seriously?

One is an end game design meant to take months of runs to properly gear up. The other is meant to convey a story and net you experience to get you to level cap.

As others have stated, using heirloom gear is a choice. Whether or not you feel ill equipped in comparison to those that choose to use them is the consequence of your choice. Don't hold others accountable for your feelings.
    *months of run*

Looking back to EN to ToV to NH to TOS and Antorus where people were literally above the average itm lvl of drops at day1 just due to tf.

*Months of run*

Yep

Vanilla was 90% levelling as core.

TBC slightly

Wrath was the Golden Era of raiding and levelling was already on track for a storytelling like wod-legion.

Beside that, it is Blizzard that decide to leave or remove Heirlooms, I am fine to have levelling gear but not this strong.
    No, it was not 90% leveling. Took me a few weeks the first time around but the expansion laster for way longer than that.
    Maybe it took you 1.5 years but that was not what the game was about.

But yes it's up to Blizzard. They should make it way stronger however.

I always felt forced to use heirlooms, but guess what -- I wasn't! I use them in BGs though

They aren't going anywhere, I'll continue to level new characters the way I always do: Full heirlooms and RAF, I hate leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Are you seriously trying to equate mythic raiding to the leveling experience of WoW? Seriously?

One is an end game design meant to take months of runs to properly gear up. The other is meant to convey a story and net you experience to get you to level cap.

As others have stated, using heirloom gear is a choice. Whether or not you feel ill equipped in comparison to those that choose to use them is the consequence of your choice. Don't hold others accountable for your feelings.
    No I'm seriously showing you that 'it is choice, just don't equip it' is nonsense. It is a progression game. You do what is best wth the tools at hand. Tellingpeople 'just not to equip heirlooms' and forgo all the benefits is exactly the same as telling them 'just don't buy the Mythic Tier gear. It's a choice'.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    No I'm seriously showing you that 'it is choice, just don't equip it' is nonsense. It is a progression game. You do what is best wth the tools at hand. Tellingpeople 'just not to equip heirlooms' and forgo all the benefits is exactly the same as telling them 'just don't buy the Mythic Tier gear. It's a choice'.
    You are literally asking the removal of heirlooms for increased difficulty of leveling hence the dont equip it. How is that nonsense? And no, levelling isn't considering progression, it would be different if the leveling was endless and the heirlooms were required even at lvl 110 to reach 111+ and on and on faster but this isn't the case.

Deleted
    Very easy solution if you dont like heirlooms then dont use them.

FUCK NO!!

Leave looms alone!

If you dont like them dont use them they are a choice and nobody should want a choice taken away cause they personally dont like it!

Deleted
    As long as heirlooms give me experience I will always wear them.

PLUS, A big reason to wear them is actually transmog. Constantly getting new gear and needed to xmog it so you dont look like a Christmas tree is annoying. I transmog my helm,shoulders,chest,pants, cape and I don't really have to worry too much about looking horrible.