Poll: Do you like the current heirloom system?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by LexiSwe View Post
    You are literally asking the removal of heirlooms for increased difficulty of leveling hence the dont equip it. How is that nonsense? And no, levelling isn't considering progression, it would be different if the leveling was endless and the heirlooms were required even at lvl 110 to reach 111+ and on and on faster but this isn't the case.
    No, you misunderstand. I don't mind that leveling an alt takes less long than the first time. I just think that how it is implemented, by forced gear, is a terrible choice. While leveling, I like getting new pieces of gear. Progressing a character through geardrops is a core part of the game. With heirlooms, that is not possible. So just decouple the XP gains from the gear. Have the looms as transmog pieces, that unlock an XP boost. You have the 'Burnished Helm of Might' lvl90 in your collection, fine, here's a 10% XP boost for your Warrior until level 90. So now everyone can enjoy fast alt leveling, enjoy getting a bit of gear, and not have 'wasted' gold on a heirloom collection.
    Last edited by HuxNeva; 2018-01-12 at 11:14 PM.

I just wanna say i accidentally posted No in that shitty misleading poll

I support Heirlooms 100 percent and always will

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    As long as heirlooms give me experience I will always wear them.

PLUS, A big reason to wear them is actually transmog. Constantly getting new gear and needed to xmog it so you dont look like a Christmas tree is annoying. I transmog my helm,shoulders,chest,pants, cape and I don't really have to worry too much about looking horrible.
    I do that too and its one of the reasons i love looms so much as well as the xp bonus.

I did that whole coco the clown leveling up armour the first time i have no reason to ever do it or want to do it again!

There is a very select group of people that are ok with being gated from endgame by a ridiculously long levelling process. This is what you suggest.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I'd love to see the removal of heirlooms but only if they choose a more horizontal gear progression. If you could actually wear blue items for a few levels and not instantly discard them because of how fast you rush through the leveling content that would be nice. But I don't think any of that is going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the fuck cares about gear progression while leveling? It's meaningless...

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Infact I will not use them for my allied races.

Now?
    So.. problem solved?

Why do you want to remove them altogether when you have already determined the perfect response?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Who the fuck cares about gear progression while leveling? It's meaningless...
    It's a game. everything is 'meaningless'.

Like most things Blizzard just doesn’t know when to stop. It started with 2 or 3 pieces but they couldn’t resist adding more until now you can fill every slot.

The only problem with suggestions to remove/limit it is the amount of effort it takes to get all those heirlooms so that they scale to 100.

Personally I think Heirlooms were okay when first introduced but have since spiralled out of control. Now they contribute to the feeling that levelling is just something you have to push through as fast as possible.

If Blizzard are serious about redesigning levelling to make it interesting again, then they need to remove the massive power creep we’ve had over the last 10 years. Which for Heirlooms means they should be the equivalent of an equal level green item, not blue. At least then Heirlooms are giving you still the xp bonuses, but you are trading a little bit of power fluctuation for constant performance and convenience and without the feeling that players massively outgear the content, which must be jarring to new players without Heirlooms, and makes them a target for abuse in random groups.
    Last edited by Peacemoon; 2018-01-13 at 11:00 AM.

Deleted
    yeah remove them, the main reason I don't like leveling anymore is because you don't feel progression. It has become a mindless grind where items and professions don't matter anymore.

It also destroys world pvp. If I choose not to use them I simple get destroyed by people from the other faction who do use heirlooms. I get forced to use them that way.
    Last edited by mmocd22c015b36; 2018-01-13 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    It's a game. everything is 'meaningless'.
    True, but even within the context of the game gear progression is nothing to worry about when you can level through 3 or 4 expacs worth of levels in a day. What the fuck does it matter what blue drop you got when you were 60 when a few hrs later you are 70 and in neither case are you running raids to "progress" your fucking disposable gear.

All gear below max level and a lot even there is disposable and therefore gear progression even within the context of the game is pointless to fixate on and definitely not a reason to remove heirloom, which lets you have gear that you don't have to screw with replacing every hour or two.

Hierlooms are fine if they're reasonably tuned. Though, I do think it would be cool if they were turned into experience bonus enchants.