Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Unholy T21 4 Piece MAJOR Hotfix

Look at this

Dreadwake Armor 4-piece set bonus can now proc from its own bonus Death Coil. Proc chance reduced to 16% (was 20%).
    Developers' notes: This fix addresses a bug that prevented the bonus from activating as often as intended, and should average a small increase in throughput for the Unholy 4-piece.

This seems to me that Unholy might go up a bit due to the current state of Death Coil. What'd you guys think?

EDIT: we windfury now boys
    Last edited by mmoc1d52c9727b; 2017-12-23 at 05:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sims are putting it at a dps loss. It's a nerf.

Proc chance in game was about 10% due to a bug. So it's a buff in game.

Deleted
    still not better then frost

7+ Year Old Account
    It's a 4% nerf... kinda shitty since frost is dominating. If anything they should leave t21 alone or up the proc chance/damage and nerf t20 to seen players off ToS gear... way to go blizz
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Frost dominating with a 2-button rotation, don't even have to position for Breathe anymore...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Frost dominating with a 2-button rotation, don't even have to position for Breathe anymore...
    Keep thinking frost us 2 buttons...

Someone posted the UH set can also proc off itself so let the theorycrafters do the math before we jump to conclusions, as I did above.
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    It's a 4% nerf...
    This is a complete lie. Do you even read the hotfix?

Code:
    Dreadwake Armor 4-piece set bonus can now proc from its own bonus Death Coil.
    This means there is a 16% chance for a deathcoil to shoot a deathcoil, which has a 16% chance to shoot a deathcoil, which has a 16% chance to shoot a deathcoil, which has a 16% chance to shoot a deathcoil, which has a 16% chance to shoot a deathcoil, which has a 16% chance to shoot a deathcoil............. etc

Also three more things.

1) On live wow this set was broken since launch. It was never 20%. A spreadsheet was even compiled from 120 logs, which has proc rates from 16% even 3%. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...uLY/edit#gid=0
    The average proc rate of all these logs was 11% chance for deathcoils to deathcoil. And even then they would not proc off themselves.

2) Hotfix makes it procs off itself! This means the 16% proc rate in reality is more like 19% more deathcoils, and means more ghoul energy and more Scourge of Worlds uptime.

3) The hotfix makes Runic Corruption proc off the proced deathcoils. This means more everything to spend on everything averagely. To quote Melekus from the Discord, which is also our simc dev: "not a huge difference but still a ~0.7% dps gain"

All of this adds up to a fair buff of the set bonus, which was a fairly bugged and undertuned set bonus to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Sims are putting it at a dps loss. It's a nerf.
    Again to quote from our Discord about 7 hours ago: "Simc will be updated next nightly / Raidbots tomorrow"
    How can you sim something that isn't implemented yet?

Wait and see for the sims, but the logic I've presented here its a clear buff.
    Is it enough for Unholy to out do Frost? Probably not, but they're so close its just the best players playing a spec at this point.

so it's sum((4/25)^n, n=1 -> n=inf), right? After hammering it out in a calculator it seems to converge around 19,04something after 10 iterations, which is already ludicrous mode when it comes to luck. So yea, it's a buff over the current buggy implementation, but still slightly below what was advertised. Doesn't matter though, since currently we have less than advertised anyway and we get more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    This is a complete lie. Do you even read the hotfix?

Code:
    Dreadwake Armor 4-piece set bonus can now proc from its own bonus Death Coil.
    This means there is a 16% chance for a deathcoil to shoot a deathcoil, which has a 16% chance to shoot a deathcoil, which has a 16% chance to shoot a deathcoil, which has a 16% chance to shoot a deathcoil, which has a 16% chance to shoot a deathcoil, which has a 16% chance to shoot a deathcoil............. etc

Also three more things.

1) On live wow this set was broken since launch. It was never 20%. A spreadsheet was even compiled from 120 logs, which has proc rates from 16% even 3%. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...uLY/edit#gid=0
    The average proc rate of all these logs was 11% chance for deathcoils to deathcoil. And even then they would not proc off themselves.

2) Hotfix makes it procs off itself! This means the 16% proc rate in reality is more like 19% more deathcoils, and means more ghoul energy and more Scourge of Worlds uptime.

3) The hotfix makes Runic Corruption proc off the proced deathcoils. This means more everything to spend on everything averagely. To quote Melekus from the Discord, which is also our simc dev: "not a huge difference but still a ~0.7% dps gain"

All of this adds up to a fair buff of the set bonus, which was a fairly bugged and undertuned set bonus to begin with.

Again to quote from our Discord about 7 hours ago: "Simc will be updated next nightly / Raidbots tomorrow"
    How can you sim something that isn't implemented yet?

Wait and see for the sims, but the logic I've presented here its a clear buff.
    Is it enough for Unholy to out do Frost? Probably not, but they're so close its just the best players playing a spec at this point.
    Thank you for the data. Yes I admitted to only reading what OP said and commenting. Then another thread explained the proc off proc and to wait for the math to come out.

Just remember kids there are THREE DC relics in Antorus. Fire blood and shadow. Hounds, Aggy and Argus. Snag them just in case
    Filthy Casual

DC relics are worse than PB and FC...even for ST so imagine for aoe

Anyways, since the 4 set proc was around 10-12% in some logs, I imagine 16% is a buff... Lets see...
    T21 is really weak

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoRamos View Post

Anyways, since the 4 set proc was around 10-12% in some logs, I imagine 16% is a buff... Lets see...
    T21 is really weak
    After the t20 bonus every bonus was going to be weak unless they'd have blatandly overtuned it. It would be somewhat interesting if a defile build wasn't miles behind any somewhat decent valkyre build.

Yeah but its still behind... (if the bonus DC's would contribute to DA extra dmg tho...)

Anyways defile+ring is still a viable m+ setup, I was still using wrists sometimes+ring but gonna try defile head+4set for those 1.7kk+ dcs

7+ Year Old Account

T21 is really weak
    Wow really? Bloodmallet or herodamage put deadliest coil high up on the UH relic chart even before this change. If the bonus did work with Valk, you'd see a sea of green names like tomb logs.

Anyone thay tests this on H Aggy or Varimithias please post what your results I'd like to see what the change does in a real raid setting as well as logs

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but its still behind... (if the bonus DC's would contribute to DA extra dmg tho...)

Anyways defile+ring is still a viable m+ setup, I was still using wrists sometimes+ring but gonna try defile head+4set for those 1.7kk+ dcs
    Dude soul ring is popping up so much on the top 500 so I'm happy to see that. Waiting so see some guys rock the helm and defile on more than high command though. Then I'll give it a try myself
    Filthy Casual

the hotfix was for me a ~50k dps increase sim yo self

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dizle View Post
    the hotfix was for me a ~50k dps increase sim yo self
    Hmm.
    I'm waiting till tomorrow morning when logs come in from US and EU before I start messing with anything.
    Farmed Arcway all day last Friday for the shoulders so I want at least 1 H clear with that 2 piece!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Hmm.
    I'm waiting till tomorrow morning when logs come in from US and EU before I start messing with anything.
    Farmed Arcway all day last Friday for the shoulders so I want at least 1 H clear with that 2 piece!!
    crap. i simmed myself as UH just now and its 64k higher than frost...
    now to find a normal pug and see whats up before raid time. D'oh!

did an Argus rare. Coils of Devastation did like 2% total but DC was 2 mill behind Valk.
    Filthy Casual

Yeah Coils of Devastation have been around 3mil damage for me. But DC increased damage is noticable.

Did a +16 with the defile+ring , clawing shadows etc. feels bad man...slow and not optimal for bosses

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Last I checked....Frost had the same amount of buttons to push as unholy...but keep saying it's just a two button rotation...

Frost rotation and cooldowns if you have Cold Heart is nine buttons, if it's just strictly attacking abilities it is five with Cold Heart(six with Seal of the Deathlord)
    Unholy rotation and cooldowns with cold heart has ten buttons, if it's just damage abilities and no cooldowns with cold heart its five(six if you include DnD in the rotation)

Hey look at that...they're the same...or at worst relatively close...but keep telling yourself frost is just two buttons

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Last I checked....Frost had the same amount of buttons to push as unholy...but keep saying it's just a two button rotation...

Frost rotation and cooldowns if you have Cold Heart is nine buttons, if it's just strictly attacking abilities it is five with Cold Heart(six with Seal of the Deathlord)
    Unholy rotation and cooldowns with cold heart has ten buttons, if it's just damage abilities and no cooldowns with cold heart its five(six if you include DnD in the rotation)

Hey look at that...they're the same...or at worst relatively close...but keep telling yourself frost is just two buttons
    When I tried UH last night I couldn't find any extra spells for the naga... I counted 8 and that's including DS and army!

Frost challenges you way more now especially with SS.
    But whatever. Let the snob cry online

Gave UH a go on world breaker and was not happy at all with my results. I could be doing wrong though or zombies weren't hitting.. I know Spector trinket is wonky on that fight so I used a stat stick. Definitely felt a lot slower to play. Only thing I liked was wraith walk talent for running out and in again

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Coils of Devastation have been around 3mil damage for me. But DC increased damage is noticable.

Did a +16 with the defile+ring , clawing shadows etc. feels bad man...slow and not optimal for bosses
    Ty for sharing. You saved me the pain of doing a 15 as UH <3

Bloodmallet had a Dec 25 update and CoF is back on that list and pretty high up. Maybe that's why UH is summing so high? Beats me but i feel like the Lord of Slugs not undead
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post

Unholy has a more complex rotation than Frost. And it is not based on the number of buttons you press.

So you're right about the number of buttons. But the complexity of the two specs are still different.