Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakibob View Post
    On one fight
    Two fights, Rogerbrown was BM on Garothi and Argus.

I have thought BM was fine this expansion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On one fight
    Doesn't matter, it's still a very strong spec on a lot of end raid fights, it's fantastic on Kin'garoth and Vari, bad on coven (like 90% of specs), not good on aggramar due to squishyness, not dmg (this is an issue both hunter specs have) but dmg wise is strong on aggramar, and is strong on Argus.

The spec is very raid viable, and that's what matters, not meaningless dps numbers on warcraft logs.

They don't want BM to do well in raids because they would have to put an inordinate amount of time into fixing pathing and such. 1 pet was hard now 2? especially that stupid legendary pet that comes with the gun(forgot name). blizzard is incompetent. i agree that BM and or survival have to be cut from the game. blizzard can't handle all these specs.

I just checked that this random guild Method maby u guys know them, i found out that they are useing bm LOL, how stupid of them those nubs lol. Spec is totaly unplayable, u have to remains still 24/7 to do stuff aloso rotation contains so much more buttons then 2.

Chill out with this attiddue: " i dont like it it needs to be changed" no it dosnt, spec got pros and cons like every other in game, you wonna faceroll ratation and 0 penalty for moving great there is a class for you, if you want top dps go pick other class, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Which does't matter because youll never get to do your dps because youll be told to switch to MM or get benched.
    Just don't raid Mythic progress and you can play whatever you want.

BM needs a little damage buff in pvp. By the looks of it, a little damage boost wouldn't hurt in pve either. Don't want to see it go overboard, because yeah, it is easy to play, but just a small buff doesn't seem unreasonable.

Please explain to me how affliction(best dps spec right now) is harder to play than BM hunter.

Well it was kinda funny to see T20 sim better than T21 for BM

Please explain to me how affliction(best dps spec right now) is harder to play than BM hunter.
    It's not very hard to play affliction obviously. Depending on talents the spec uses 4 buttons. They do have to stand still to cast some spells though, which adds a degree of planning to play the spec properly.

There are many ways of defining difficulty I suppose. Balance Druids have 7 spells in their single target rotation versus other ranged classes that have 3 or 4. But the rotation itself is not complicated if you have a mouse with extra buttons to make up for the fact that you have more spells than fingers. Does that make Balance harder to play? I don't know. But what I do know for sure is that DPS has never been linked to difficulty since specs like Affliction and Arcane have always had periods of being the top DPS spec despite being very simple.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2017-12-26 at 11:09 AM.

Personally I think there is nothing wrong with bm hunters you just need to learn how to play your class, I get about 7 days a months to play and I rival some of the top dps on my server now after a few upgrades and I’m only 944 il so please explain this, also I don’t even spec how they say bm hunters should with my stats, I rivalmy guilds hunter who specs and stats how they say you should

7+ Year Old Account
    Off topic (but as a response to some other posts in this thread): I main a BM hunter (Has been since vanilla), followed by an Arms warrior (Once a Prot), a Feral Druid (Once a Bear) an Affliction Warlock (Once Demo) a Frost Mage, a Ret Pally and a Havoc Demonhunter. Also tried Deathknight + Monk.

And without logging in this very minute to actually do a manual button count it feels to me that no matter what class I play I have to press pretty much the same number of buttons. That said my BM Hunter is by far the easiest to play while soloing, simply because he can do stuff such as killing elites much easier than my other classes (Thanks pet). But I mash the same number of buttons than my other classes do

I think one of the best things Blizzard could do right now is simply revert one of the nerfs on Thunderslash. It used to do 100% AP per hit, now it does 50%. Undo that. It makes our T21 4p slightly better so maybe we can finally stop juggling old tier sets, and it gives us a small buff to AoE. Two birds with one stone. Doesn't come close to fixing all our shortcomings, but it's a simple change that doesn't drastically shift anything. And yes I've sent this feedback to Blizzard (for what little good that does).

I also wouldn't mind having Barrage as a viable option for multi-target fights. The problem is that Barrage is in need of a buff so large that Blizzard might be embarrassed to even do it. I'm talking like a 100%+ buff just to make it worthwhile. Or how about reducing Stampede to like 1.5 minutes cooldown. So many dead talents that could give us a little AoE help.

Personally I think there is nothing wrong with bm hunters you just need to learn how to play your class, I get about 7 days a months to play and I rival some of the top dps on my server now after a few upgrades and I’m only 944 il so please explain this, also I don’t even spec how they say bm hunters should with my stats, I rivalmy guilds hunter who specs and stats how they say you should
    You need to look outside of your own raid group and look at the bigger picture. Just because you're topping the meters in your own group doesn't mean there's not a problem. Looking at your logs, I don't see how you're one of the top DPS on your server. Not trying to call you out, just saying it's a silly way to make your argument.

BM is more than fine on ST, you can be competitive against all but Windwalker pretty much. All of the fights outside of the 3 meme AoE/Cleave fights where the AoE damage is not even relevant or Hunters are doing other jobs, BM is doing well.

Public logs are highly misleading. Not only are there a lot of really bad BM players, but there are people with bad/unoptimized gear or legendary setups

After you get past the first 5 free loot bosses(even on Garothi/Hounds BM is mid/top-mid), everything is Single-target with quite a lot of priority target burst, which is what BM is amazing at.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Public logs are highly misleading. Not only are there a lot of really bad BM players, but there are people with bad/unoptimized gear or legendary setups
    ...which is the case for...every single spec? are you implying BM is played by a disproportionally high amount of bad players compared to other specs? what other source of combatlogs do you suggest to draw more conclusive data from?
    Last edited by Ericdaroude; 2017-12-29 at 07:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    The sim is correct, it isn't generally well known but war token really is a six thousand dps increase over deaths choice.

They really do need to bring go for the throat back, or give kill shot back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17#

BM hunters are not just dead last. There's outlaw rogues which are in a bad spot as well but at least there are other specs close in performance to them. Then there's just a massive drop-off in performance and you have BM hunters. And it's not just in PvE.
    At least you have more viable specs to change to, if you need it. All Rogues and DPS DH's are stuck in the bottom of the barrel with no options for clawing their way back out.

It's harder because you have to put up with the annoyances of bad shard generation RNG when you just stand there and spam drain soul for 3 days, AND and the annoyance of using Life Tap to get your mana back every 2 seconds.

It's not harder gamewise but it is harder mental wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Komodora View Post
    Im not talking my raid group and I don’t log personally and I normally do stuff for my raid that drops my dps, I don’t expect people to believe me from my logs as I have stated just previously that I do stuff to help out that drops my dps in my raid group.

This is just my insight after playing the hunter as BM since legion launch, I feel that I have never had any real shortcomings with my personal play style in pugs or my raid group, I guess what I’m trying to say is people need to find their own stats and spec and play style for them not what someone says is “the best”
    Sorry but you are contradicting yourself here on multiple occasions.
    "I don’t log personally + I don’t expect people to believe me from my logs" vs "I rival some of the top dps on my server". How would you know if not for public logs.

Also "you just need to learn how to play your class" vs "I guess what I’m trying to say is people need to find their own stats and spec and play style for them not what someone says is “the best""

So your claim that you are one of the best dps on your server is completely anecdotal and you really shouldn't tell people to "learn to play" when you're just doing what you feel is best without any actual data to back it up.

Also if this is you: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...ogall/komodora then you're indeed not the best on your server by a long shot.
    So don't go saying BM is fine because it feels fine to you. That's just your personal opinion, not because you have some magic knowledge of how you should be playing the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericdaroude View Post
    ...which is the case for...every single spec? are you implying BM is played by a disproportionally high amount of bad players compared to other specs? what other source of combatlogs do you suggest to draw more conclusive data from?
    It's more about BM being harder to squeeze out the final bit of juice that allows you to be good on meters. Specific gear, stat weights changing wildly with each gear(I've had to re-gem/enchant my gear a few times this tier), universal BiS legendaries are non-existant compared to literally every other spec.

And on top of that, BM has very low RNG DPS ceiling, meaning certain specs that get good RNG will show even higher on logs when they get lucky. MM is very notorious for this when you are comparing logs between BM and MM. MM DPS can get screwed if almost none of your Aimed Shots crit during Trueshot(+50% Crit dmg), on the other end of the spectrum you get insane DPS if nearly every Aimed Shot crits and/or you get LnL procs.

BM with good RNG isn't really anything but basic crit luck. Even a lot of Dire beast resets isn't that ideal(especially now that T19 2p is slowly moving to the graveyard), since most of the focus is going to go to waste anyway unless you have Bloodlust up since you can't use abilities fast enough to spend focus.

You may call it whatever you want, "lol other dps in your guild must sucxx", or other memes. But if our guild consistently gets top 50 speed ranks for mythic bosses and both BM hunters are at mid/top-mid always, I don't know man. Just this reset, Gorothi 29th, Felhounds 14th, Portal Keeper 65th, Imonar 24th(other bosses we had early deaths and some people dead for a while). On top of that, finished our Aggramar Mythic wipe night, both BM hunters were #2 and #3 across all wipes, beaten by a WW monk.