Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichology View Post
    >Both of the mentioned are melee, that happen to suffer incredibly from downtime due to lack of dots. Proper bloodbath usage alone makes Fury more complicated than BM, even in a patchwerk situation. Let alone any of the other nuances of the spec.
    They were just examples, no class is hard to play no one can say that their class is difficult and needs higher damage to compensate - especially since difficulty to play is not a certain statistic and varies between players.

Deleted
    bm is in the gutter, terrible dps when you come up against the top dogs like mage, warlock, boomkin, dk, monk etc.

because of our free mobility dps we have to suffer, we need buffs asap even if it means sacrificing mobility

I gave up long time ago, dont expect them to buff BM. The most annoying thing is farming hc and mythic Tos for wf/tf T20 atm. At least they could buff T21 set bonuses.

First thing they should do is buff the hell out of T21 4pc, because right now its just sad how bad it is..

The conspiracy theory would be that the 4-piece is weak just to get us used to not using any set pieces when the next expansion arrives without them...

Quote Originally Posted by Rohip View Post
    The conspiracy theory would be that the 4-piece is weak just to get us used to not using any set pieces when the next expansion arrives without them...
    Except that for some classes its pretty powerful, so it doesn't work out as a good theory.

My DPS on mythic antorus is middling at best, but the biggest annoyance by far is the lack of any mitigation or a strong self-heal. On healing intensive fights, we are simply the first to die. Being the weak link in the raid for both damage and survivability really sucks... If we didn't absolutely have to have ranged on aggrammar, I would justifiably be sat.

There was never any hope of us getting buffed this expansion and unless things change drastically, expect the same for BfA. Pets used to do 50% of our damage, climbing up to about 60% once we had super high mastery at the end of an expansion. Pets have been doing as much as 85% of our damage this expansion. With essentially one ability coming from us (Cobra Shot), we can't be balanced. Nevermind that the pets don't do that much damage without input from the player, the fact that it's an NPC doing the damage keeps them from wanting to increase the damage at all.

We need to have actual abilities coming from the hunter again, and synergy between pet and hunter so that we're buffing each other. You know, how it was for three expansions before Legion. As I feared, though, they've taken the "popularity" of BM to mean that people like the current playstyle rather than it being an indication of how terrible the entire class is.

With progression in Antorus soon coming to an end we can give up all hope of doing competitive damage in Legion. Let's all pray that BM in BfA is tuned correctly instead of being shat on whole expansion long. Meanwhile watch the forums closely and keep up with the changes on alpha and beta servers. NOBODY should be stuck playing a shit spec for 2 more years.

I feel the most complex ability of BM is auto attack

Quote Originally Posted by yolk View Post
    bm is in the gutter, terrible dps when you come up against the top dogs like mage, warlock, boomkin, dk, monk etc.

because of our free mobility dps we have to suffer, we need buffs asap even if it means sacrificing mobility
    This is true, however QoL for anything outside of raiding, BM is amazing. I tend to suck it up and play MM in Raids/M+ or swap to my Shaman for it (not much better) and play BM in world content as you can run around and give literally zeo f*cks about anything because you're invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    This is true, however QoL for anything outside of raiding, BM is amazing. I tend to suck it up and play MM in Raids/M+ or swap to my Shaman for it (not much better) and play BM in world content as you can run around and give literally zeo f*cks about anything because you're invincible.
    Same is true if you're an affliction Warlock. They don't seem to need to be nerfed because of it though.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Same is true if you're an affliction Warlock. They don't seem to need to be nerfed because of it though.
    They've mentioned (and even thrown some nerfs this week) towards aff, and it being able to do everything too well. Once again though, in terms of single target you're talking literally the most mobile vs. one of the least mobile specs in the game, so it's not exactly apples/apples.

Surprised there are still complaints going on, if you check WCL you'd see that there are competitive BM parses being put up post recent buff with MM on quite a few encounters. If you want to top the meter or go for crazy parses, BM, and honestly hunter in general (MM while requiring much more thought/planning and shit tier mobility comparatively is still pretty well behind some of the top tier specs this patch) is probably not the class to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichology View Post
    Surprised there are still complaints going on, if you check WCL you'd see that there are competitive BM parses being put up post recent buff with MM on quite a few encounters. If you want to top the meter or go for crazy parses, BM, and honestly hunter in general (MM while requiring much more thought/planning and shit tier mobility comparatively is still pretty well behind some of the top tier specs this patch) is probably not the class to go with.
    BM was always fine single target. It's on AOE that BM really struggles compared to other ranged classes and the buffs did nothing at all to address that.

I sim at 5.4m dps on 4 targets as MM. 4m dps as BM. That's a 30% difference which is pretty significant.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-02-12 at 05:25 AM.

Hunters were killed hard in this addon, especially BM. I just have little hope for the next addon, but I doubt they will get more love again. WOW is dead for hunters it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    There was never any hope of us getting buffed this expansion and unless things change drastically, expect the same for BfA. Pets used to do 50% of our damage, climbing up to about 60% once we had super high mastery at the end of an expansion. Pets have been doing as much as 85% of our damage this expansion. With essentially one ability coming from us (Cobra Shot), we can't be balanced. Nevermind that the pets don't do that much damage without input from the player, the fact that it's an NPC doing the damage keeps them from wanting to increase the damage at all.

We need to have actual abilities coming from the hunter again, and synergy between pet and hunter so that we're buffing each other. You know, how it was for three expansions before Legion. As I feared, though, they've taken the "popularity" of BM to mean that people like the current playstyle rather than it being an indication of how terrible the entire class is.
    Totally nonsense. It is irrelevant what source is in the Logs as the damage. For rouges it is 80% their poison. So a poison in an NPC too if you take it correctly. A dot is a NPC too. It ticks for some time with damage you can't much change from the players perspective. All what counts is, the players presses a button, damage happens. If the button is telling the pet to do the command which generates damage, that is totally irrelevant and not a "damage by NPC/pet source".

One more thing which bothers me, is how melees are totally overpowered since two addons now, which is a problem in PVP too. They have too much burst. Burst also is unfair in mythic runs, if you can cleave the trash with 7-9m DPS, where a BM just can do like 2-3m DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Which is why I wouldn't call it a shit spec. Out in the world, BM hunters are like gods.