When an idiot plays disc.....

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with disc in general.

Last time I tried it out was during emerald nightmare, long story short I sucked, but got the gist of how it worked.

I've now taken it up again and encountering a snag. My atonement doesn't stack? I remember the first time it used to change colour when it intensified and resulted in more healing. Now it stays the same and just refreshes the timer when I re apply it? Nothing make its change, spamming the target, dpsing the boss hard. Nothing.

Any ideas? I'm following the icy vein guide.

Atonement is just a buff on the target which lets ur damage heal people for a certain amount these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkabarbie View Post
    Atonement is just a buff on the target which lets ur damage heal people for a certain amount these days.
    So it's just the flat out 15 secs, no stacks no intensifying to heal more?

Just apply plea and radiance to a few people then pew pew?

Apply your shield.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Apply your shield.
    I am doing, but I'm still only seeing a singular buff and no alterations to it?

Has never stacked, always just one buff and that's it

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I am doing, but I'm still only seeing a singular buff and no alterations to it?
    I was just completing your "Just apply plea and radiance to a few people then pew pew"

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    I think he was talking about how we used to track the number of active atonement's for the 1% buff which is still there and the increasing mana cost to plee which was removed, OP you likely had a weakaura that tracked that for you but its obsolete for the current version of disc.

Plea's icon used to change colors depending on how many Atonements you had out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I was just completing your "Just apply plea and radiance to a few people then pew pew"
    Ah right I see cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
    I think he was talking about how we used to track the number of active atonement's for the 1% buff which is still there and the increasing mana cost to plee which was removed, OP you likely had a weakaura that tracked that for you but its obsolete for the current version of disc.
    Never used weakauras, I just remember bigger heals being pulled off from damage when the atonement buff turned red or at-least some buff changed colour. I spoke to a friend last night who plays holy and shadow and he said he was sure it stacked.

Deleted
    Never used weakauras, I just remember bigger heals being pulled off from damage when the atonement buff turned red or at-least some buff changed colour. I spoke to a friend last night who plays holy and shadow and he said he was sure it stacked.
    Ah could it be the extra effect proc on the artifact weapon lights wrath "lights overloaded" that you are thinking about it would proc in non mythic+ dungeons and out in the world but never proc'ed in raids. Other then that the only incremental stacking effect I can remember was the ones I mentioned already.

Well, atonement doesn't stack on a single target. Accept it. More atonements generally mean more healing as a single dps spell heals more people though - Plea used to show how many atonements you had out so you knew how expensive Plea was going to be. Now it doesn't change cost, so it doesn't show you the number. The "Sins of the Many" buff you get will show you how many atonements you have out though.

He is referring to the pre ToS changes (which actually was at the end of NH I think). When plea had mana costs depending upon atonement levels. And plea would turn a different color after so many stacks. You couldn’t stack atonements on one target but the atonement count would stack for plea mana cost. That has been since changed.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    He is referring to the pre ToS changes (which actually was at the end of NH I think). When plea had mana costs depending upon atonement levels. And plea would turn a different color after so many stacks. You couldn’t stack atonements on one target but the atonement count would stack for plea mana cost. That has been since changed.
    Plea scaling was lame.

Don't apply plea or holy word: radiance. Apply a new spec...

Take like 15 minutes to read and fully understand the spells in your spell book. This should give you your answers.

I swapped from Holy to Disc on my alt. Honestly it just takes practice and getting use to the encounters to maximize your output. I was really bad at first but after I played through Antorus a few times I was alot better at it. In dungeons I still find I am not the best but I don't really do dungeons on that char; in raids I can say I'm fairly competent now. Just practice