Argus Trinket Question

So I made the huge nub mistake of accidentally leaving my loot spec as Balance when we did Argus this week and of course that meant I got the Balance trinket instead of the tank one I wanted. What I'm wondering is will having that affect my chances of getting the tank one? I heard something about once you have it you are taken off being able to get it (so instead of people getting them multiple time everyone should eventually get it). Should I maybe delete it?

Deleting it will do nothing, people can get 2 different trinkets before others get their first. From what other have reported is that after your first trinket, you will get them following trinkets for your other specs randomly, regardless of your loot specialization. If that is true, you unfortunately will have to wait and hope for some good luck.

Omg... Thanks and now I'm even more annoyed I messed this up ><

Have made Normal Argus every week (exept this)... Got my spec trinket on 1st week, and other spec trinket on 3rd week (even without changing loot spec)... So you will get your trinket it's all about RNGesus now...

Same here - Was in balance for LatC... Ach, have as good trinkets for own use, just annoying having to wait for the tank one for raid benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Fizz View Post
    Same here - Was in balance for LatC... Ach, have as good trinkets for own use, just annoying having to wait for the tank one for raid benefit.
    Yea that's my main problem with it. I have great trinkets just was trying to help out by having the tank proc available. It's just sort of frustrating it's 100% RNG between the specs now. I mean I get why they did that but this is the definition of an edge case where it sucks ><

10+ Year Old Account
    So I don't really have any more information to add, but I thought I'd at least let you know that I share your pain. My story is a little different though...

For some reason Blizzard felt that adding dps trinkets to the Discipline Priest loot table was a good idea, so I got the dps Pantheon trinket instead of the healing one. Yeah, yeah I heal through damage but I really liked the effect of the healing trinket and wanted that one so so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogler View Post
    Deleting it will do nothing, people can get 2 different trinkets before others get their first. From what other have reported is that after your first trinket, you will get them following trinkets for your other specs randomly, regardless of your loot specialization. If that is true, you unfortunately will have to wait and hope for some good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Omg... Thanks and now I'm even more annoyed I messed this up ><
    JUST IN CASE, I'd recommend changing your loot spec to the correct one each time you kill Argus though. Unless it's on personal loot, this shouldn't affect your loot at all since you can switch back to another loot spec for coining (coin loot spec only counts the loot spec just before you roll the coin, NOT when you defeat the boss like Personal).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    JUST IN CASE, I'd recommend changing your loot spec to the correct one each time you kill Argus though. Unless it's on personal loot, this shouldn't affect your loot at all since you can switch back to another loot spec for coining (coin loot spec only counts the loot spec just before you roll the coin, NOT when you defeat the boss like Personal).
    Yea, my guild uses personal loot so it's a thing though in raids I generally have it set to Guardian anyway because of the chance for titanforging and stuff. Either way though I hadn't considered the option of coin rolling it though so that helps some

@-aiko- wow that sucks... though I suppose that means you have a pretty good chance of getting the healing one the next time? Unless there's a healing and dps one for disc, and a holy one, and a shadow one. That feels like it'd be crazy though.

Yea, my guild uses personal loot so it's a thing though in raids I generally have it set to Guardian anyway because of the chance for titanforging and stuff. Either way though I hadn't considered the option of coin rolling it though so that helps some
    Don't. You can't bonus roll them (at least I pretty sure you can't). I want to say there might have been a blue post about it or something. That's what's sticking out in my head.

And it's seems to be a problem for some people... myself included. I'd been trying to get the damn Moonkin Moonfire shoulders for way to long and got caught in the wrong spec for one of our Argus kills as well. >.<

@-aiko- wow that sucks... though I suppose that means you have a pretty good chance of getting the healing one the next time? Unless there's a healing and dps one for disc, and a holy one, and a shadow one. That feels like it'd be crazy though.
    "Pretty good chance" = 100% in that case, priests can only get healing and int/dps ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    Don't. You can't bonus roll them (at least I pretty sure you can't). I want to say there might have been a blue post about it or something. That's what's sticking out in my head.

And it's seems to be a problem for some people... myself included. I'd been trying to get the damn Moonkin Moonfire shoulders for way to long and got caught in the wrong spec for one of our Argus kills as well. >.<
    Oh ok... looking back at the previous post I think I misread what Polarthief was saying. And boo being in the same boat with me, this isn't a happy boat QQ

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    "Pretty good chance" = 100% in that case, priests can only get healing and int/dps ones.
    Yea that's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure if maybe they did something weird there.

You can still get all the trinkets, but after the 1st apparently it is a much reduced drop rate (some where around 6%).

Our other resto druid got the healung one twice in a row. I made the same mistake as OP and had balance spec selected so I have the balance and not resto one.

Since the dps and healing trinket drops for healing specs just tell yourself you got unlucky