Poll: how do you prefer Harley?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No I am bringing it up because it's a factor, and you seem like a decent enough bloke, but you are way, way off on this. Harley is not a fucking victim, she is a predator and you really don't get that.

Joker is pretty smart, but he is nothing next her, you make it out because she is submissive and loving and caring for Mr J, that she is some how some cute little minx.

She would eat your fucking children and not think twice about it. 2 things make her infinitely more dangerous than Joker 1. She is more intelligent and 2. She is well aware of her weakness and the reasons why she does what she does.
    ya harley was not the predator.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I would argue she cares about the joker even more than herself. But it seems the minor details of the character have escaped you.
    it seems like all the details of the character escaped him.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Harleys big mistake was taking too much of an interest in the joker and being naive with how dangerous he is when she was working in arkham.

Everything after Joker mind bending her into a obsessed loved up puppy who dresses like him is on the joker.

Yes its her doing the bad deeds to impress him and maybe for her own enjoyment as she falls further into insanity but to say its his or her fault by then is missing the point really the damage has already been done and the rest is just the car crash afterwards.

Its really quite an abusive relationship she has with the joker and most people would fall on the side of having some sympathy for harley, probably why some writers try make her more of a anti hero or morally grey character.

And gotham doesnt kill, they just send people to arkham so they can escape again in a later story.
    She started off as a Psychologist and she didn’t meet Joker in some club random. Joker existed well before she came along and his ass as in Arkham because he was too dangerous to be let out.

She made the choice to go in being educated and vetted before. She is totally responsible for him not the other way around just as everything that happened after that.

She isn’t a victim because she knew what to expect and near as I can tell always has. Sane people do insane things because they want to not because not because they can’t or don’t know. This is a matter of how the brain is developed.

Joker is the victim and everything that happens to her and him is her fault, because joker isn’t capable of sanity she is period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    That’s not true though she clearly does have a moral compass though it depends on the story.
    No she has no moral compass at all. She chooses her own reality and she is perfectly sane while doing so. She simply an irredeemable monster with a pleasant smile that like any other weapon she uses to kill and torture others by choice.

- - - Updated - - -

I would argue she cares about the joker even more than herself. But it seems the minor details of the character have escaped you.
    No she doesn’t give a shit about him which is why she enables him. She helped him destroy his life as she destroys hers. That’s not love. Love is an act of self sacrifice and I don’t mean hurting herself which she enjoys. If she cared about joker she would put his well being above hers and left him in Arkham and tried to help him in the way he needed. Not play dress up and indulge herself.

- - - Updated - - -

ya harley was not the predator.....

[IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

it seems like all the details of the character escaped him.....

Yes a situation she brought about herself playing with joker something she knew was the way he is. Her crocodile tears aren’t a result of her being hurt.

Something even Batman figures out with her.

They are a result of manipulation it’s an evolved predatory act.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-12-25 at 04:28 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    She started off as a Psychologist and she didn’t meet Joker in some club random. Joker existed well before she came along and his ass as in Arkham because he was too dangerous to be let out.

She made the choice to go in being educated and vetted before. She is totally responsible for him not the other way around just as everything that happened after that.

She isn’t a victim because she knew what to expect and near as I can tell always has. Sane people do insane things because they want to not because not because they can’t or don’t know. This is a matter of how the brain is developed.

Joker is the victim and everything that happens to her and him is her fault, because joker isn’t capable of sanity she is period.

- - - Updated - - -

No she has no moral compass at all. She chooses her own reality and she is perfectly sane while doing so. She simply an irredeemable monster with a pleasant smile that like any other weapon she uses to kill and torture others by choice.

- - - Updated - - -

No she doesn’t give a shit about him which is why she enables him. She helped him destroy his life as she destroys hers. That’s not love. Love is an act of self sacrifice and I don’t mean hurting herself which she enjoys. If she cared about joker she would put his well being above hers and left him in Arkham and tried to help him in the way he needed. Not play dress up and indulge herself.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes a situation she brought about herself playing with joker something she knew was the way he is. Her crocodile tears aren’t a result of her being hurt.

They are a result of manipulation it’s an evolved predatory act.
    i mean you can keep spouting that's shes worse then the joker or has a full deck of cards but your not gonna be any less wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    i mean you can keep spouting that's shes worse then the joker or has a full deck of cards but your not gonna be any less wrong.
    I know I’m right and I can articulate and express a clear line for why. As opposed to your “aww see what happened to her.”

Yes I see all the things she has done to herself it’s her M.O along with murder and torture and playing with jokers mind.

What you have is some warped sense and fantasy reasons for why she is a victim. She isn’t she is just a sane evil monster that needs a bullet in the head.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-12-25 at 04:36 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    She's just cringey more than anything
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Mall security has chosen to ignore evidence and established lore in favour of his own fan-fiction...not much more to say to him really. He's essentially doing to the truth what The Joker did to Harley.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know I’m right and I can articulate and express a clear line for why. As opposed to your “aww see what happened to her.”

Yes I see all the things she has done to herself it’s her M.O along with murder and torture and playing with jokers mind.

What you have is some warped sense and fantasy reasons for why she is a victim. She isn’t she is just a sane evil monster that needs a bullet in the head.
    you know shes a comic character right? she morphs to fit the story shes not a real person with real motives or a M.O you can pretend shes really and that all this crap is true but in the end shes not real and she will always morph to the story of the comic every thing you have stated isn't a thing in most of the comics so it flat out cant ever be true.

- - - Updated - - -
    Jesus, that looks ugly / garbage. I know why I only read Marvel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Jesus, that looks ugly / garbage. I know why I only read Marvel.
    you really think only dc can have bad art? are you sure you read any comics like at all?

Something suicide squad got massively wrong with the character and the jokers relationship is how they treated it as a ross and rachel thing, like they are these two mad lovers.

No. Joker brainwashed her into losing her shit and shes been obsessed with him ever since, but shes merely like a bone to a dog for the joker. Hes possessive of it, and likes chewing on it, but he doesnt love her per say.

Every time Jared Leto said Harley was "His girl" I wanted to punch him in the face for being so massively wrong about the character.
    Yeah punch him for something someone else wrote and directed him to say.

15+ Year Old Account
    She's absolutely a villain. Her alignment though is what makes her interesting to people. She isn't Chaotic Neutral, she is just Chaotic. She is committed wholesale to chaos, like two-face without a coin to flip. She acts off whatever seems fun at the time, she is entirely without moral code or logic.

This makes her character enchanting because she is endlessly entertaining - she can literally do anything, at any moment, without being out of character. Neutral characters are usually to some degree committed to neutrality, Harley definitely is not, she's the full spectrum simultaneously.

In this way, Harley is capable of being worse than the Joker - Harley could blow up the universe and you could comfortably respond, "that's so Harley!", the Joker could not, would not. The Joker is a reflection of Batman first and foremost, a black mirror, in that sense the Joker is committed to a balance or at least a melody of good and evil. Harley doesn't comprehend good, or evil. That's the difference. Joker has a keen understanding of societies moral compass, and Batman's - that's what allows him to be so insightful - and why his actions cut at Batman's identity like no other villain: they are intentional and deliberate, even when he pretends otherwise.

Joker appeals to Chaos as the truest reality while still posssessing a moral compass, even if his is inverted ( either by psychopathy or his obsession with being Batmans opposite). Harley doesn't have a good/evil spectrum to work with: the girl just wants to have fun.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter