Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    i just think you should be able to win without her, yeah im upset they didnt pick mercy, but they should be able to pick other heroes without 1 hero basically being required to win, i specifically said that in my post
    You can win without her and while the other team has one. At least 50% of my matches won since her rework have been where we had no Mercy and they had one. Mercy isn't a game breaking character and just because they have one and you don't doesn't mean it's the end. If you are allowing one character to decide the match then perhaps that is the one you should focus?

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Actually the real big question is, why didn't you pick mercy ...
    Was prob already locked into Hanzo / Genji...

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    But still, we're stuck with shit tier heroes like Mei who's borderline useless as she is atm.
    And hots has shit tier borderline useless characters, but overwatch doesn't have a constantly flipping meta either which I like a longer term static meta so I don't have to troll the internet every day to stay up on the meta. Nor do I like having to hunt down ptr notes to find dozens of characters have had major reworks on a monthly basis.

One might ask why Mei hasn't changed rather than just complaining that she hasn't changed, or offering positive suggestions on how to fix her without making her too op. She should win most 1 on 1 fights in her current state bar tracer, so she doesn't need a buff to that. My opinion is she should get a cone freeze that can punish more than 1 person if they group up too closely which won't effect her 1 on 1 strength.

Perhaps she hasn't changed because Bliz doesn't know what to do with her, they don't feel she needs a buff or they don't want to buff her because they don't want her to be meta.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-12-29 at 05:01 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

The likes of Mei and Symmetra are a lot of fun to fool around with. They are, however, very niche and not often suited for competitive play. You can succeed with them but in almost every case there's a different hero that could be picked instead that would be of greater benefit to the group.

Some characters are in a great position and have been consistently useful throughout the game's lifespawn - and are a solid part of the meta. Others have been tweaked to varying degrees of success. The issue with major reworks, though, is that they risk changing what people like about a hero. I no longer play Mercy simply because it feels clunky to resurrect on her. I didn't read the patch notes when that change went live and I actually thought I was getting a weird bug due to how 'laggy' the ability felt.

10+ Year Old Account
    but she's not a required hero, id say 70% of my wins are from my team not running a mercy while the enemy team does. Just because they have a res doesn't mean it will be used properly. It's like revivng someone in a raid mid fight that is oblivious. except in a 6 man team you get more punished when you revive the dolt of the group.

The one question I always have when I peek in at the Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, or Overwatch forums is this: What in the world does 'meta' mean? I've seen it used as an adjective and noun.

These heroes/cards are meta. Adjective.
    The meta is really unbalanced. Noun.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The one question I always have when I peek in at the Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, or Overwatch forums is this: What in the world does 'meta' mean? I've seen it used as an adjective and noun.

These heroes/cards are meta. Adjective.
    The meta is really unbalanced. Noun.
    Meta from what I've heard in Overwatch basically applies to these X amount of characters are must haves. If you don't have them the odds of winning are extremely low.

They've stuck themselves in a position where there's no action they can take that won't piss somebody off and they don't know what to do about it.

They can't revert her, because that would be admitting they made a mistake and upset people who like the new Mercy.

They can't nerf her, because she's an extremely popular hero with a lot of vocal fans who's already been through several major nerfs/reiterations in the past few months and doing so would further the "Blizzard hates Mercy/Supports" narrative.

They can't do nothing because she's breaking the game and a lot of people don't like her current design.

I'm sure they'll do something eventually, they're just trying to figure out how to minimize the backlash for whatever they do decide.

Rez is a terrible ability. It needs to be changed to something else entirely. Until rez is gone, she will be a near 100% pick rate due to the nature of the ability - unless they nerf her severely in other ways until which she is just a rez bot (which would be a terrible design).

As far as people saying "well why don't you just play her then?" - well she is an extremely dull and one-dimensional character, that's why. Even though I love playing support, I can't stand her because her entire play style is "click on your teammates and play run away". In contrast, I love Zen/Moira's playstyle. Extremely frustrating when you are playing support, but your entire team is yelling at you because they want a Mercy instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think she is required, but I definitely do feel at a disadvantage when one team has her and mine doesn't. The reasons for this are because res isn't a skill that anyone else has, making her one of the most impactful chars anytime it's up. The second reason is that when she is played really well, it takes multiple people to always be keeping an eye out for her. Which I know, sounds so obvious, but some games being Mercy can seem like the safest job in a match. I don't really want her changed at all though, she has already taken up way to much tweaking time.

Sure it's still possible to win, but the thing is that the team without Mercy has to be notably better than the team using her. In case of otherwise equally skilled teams the one without Mercy is at a disadvantage simply because of rez. Not to mention how teams often are not quite equally skilled, and then Mercy on the already stronger side makes things even worse.

Deleted
    I thought you could switch heroes at will

Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    I thought you could switch heroes at will
    Thank you Captain Obvious. Now the actual point being - as you very well know too if you actually read at all - that it's bloody annoying that rez makes such a big difference that you have to take her to balance it out, unless your team is considerably better than them. No other character compels you to mirror pick like that. People would like to play the other supports and not always her, it gets tiresome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Thank you Captain Obvious. Now the actual point being - as you very well know too if you actually read at all - that it's bloody annoying that rez makes such a big difference that you have to take her to balance it out, unless your team is considerably better than them. No other character compels you to mirror pick like that. People would like to play the other supports and not always her, it gets tiresome.
    Sorry, I don't play the game, I was just wondering if that was still the case

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Rez is a terrible ability. It needs to be changed to something else entirely. Until rez is gone, she will be a near 100% pick rate due to the nature of the ability - unless they nerf her severely in other ways until which she is just a rez bot (which would be a terrible design).

As far as people saying "well why don't you just play her then?" - well she is an extremely dull and one-dimensional character, that's why. Even though I love playing support, I can't stand her because her entire play style is "click on your teammates and play run away". In contrast, I love Zen/Moira's playstyle. Extremely frustrating when you are playing support, but your entire team is yelling at you because they want a Mercy instead.
    This is exactly what people said about Roadhog and his hook.

Hook didn't go anywhere.
    Neither will rez.

Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    Sorry, I don't play the game, I was just wondering if that was still the case
    I'm sorry too, it looked to me like you were just trying to make a condescending comment to brush aside the actual point.

10+ Year Old Account
    because she isn't, even before the rez cast time nerf she was used less than Tracer in the Overwatch world cup, u can check that urself
    since everyone now is riding the wave that mercy is a 'must' (even if proven she isn't, even south korea didn't use her at some matches) I wonder how long before blizz listen to the loudest voices instead of actual balance try like nerf the hero that was used in every single match in the world cup
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    I'm sorry too, it looked to me like you were just trying to make a condescending comment to brush aside the actual point.
    That's alright I understand the problem from a game design perspective (no variety and no fun if every game has Mercy) but not from a balance perspective, because I thought people were expected to basically know how to play every champion for their role. Is it difficult for a non-Mercy main to switch to her and play her decently when needed?

She's not, conversation over. Honestly, whys the thread still going?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This is exactly what people said about Roadhog and his hook.

Hook didn't go anywhere.
    Neither will rez.
    Except hook was fixed...eventually.