Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dust, an Elysian Tale fits your criteria.

You could try Bastion. It's got kind of a Diablo 3 vibe to it, although it's less of an RPG I guess.

HOB and Hyperlight Drifter are more Zelda-like experiences.

Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing are VERY diablo-like experiences.

And you could always play TERA. It's an MMO, but you do tend to kill lots of enemies all at once.

I don't know, I'm just throwing out ideas of things you might enjoy, despite not really being Diablo-style looters.

Grim Dawn for sure. In my opinion the best ARPG out there currently.
    Then there is Titan Quest, which is also pretty great.

Of those not listed, Borderlands somewhat fits the genre. Definitely has the loads of enemies to mow down while being loot-based.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

PoE is the only arpg you need

10+ Year Old Account
    As many have said Grim Dawn simply amazing game

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    PoE is the only arpg you need
    It's gender locked. So it's not even a game in my universe.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Um...yes and no. For the most part you can make almost any build with any character. Although the ascended abilities force the style of some builds. You won't get a duelist(male) who's going to be a minion master as good as a Witch(female), but you CAN make a respectable caster out of him.

But I get your meaning. I'm not even really sure what the point of making classes gender-locked was. Maybe a throwback to Diablo 1 and 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Grim Dawn definitely. Imho better than PoE.

Grim Dawn + Expansion, basically Titan Quest 2015 with a Western feeling instead of ancient greece with poisons+lightning.

Adventures of Van Helsing Trilogy, basically Grim Dawn with a main character.

Titan Quest Anniversary, remake, balances + new act 6.

Torchlight 2.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-12-28 at 01:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Titanquest I've heard good things of, specifically from grim dawn fans; and while I haven't played it myself; MAYBE Divinity Original Sin 2 could fit the bill? Though I think that one is more just RPG? Unsure, perhaps some of these guys have played it and can confirm.
    Nope, Divinity original sin 2 it is not an ARPG, it is an RPG and a good game, but it is not what the OP is looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That is a very hard self-imposed rule to follow.
    I think it is better being able to decide as many features as possible in RPGs, but you are leaving a lot of good RPGs if you do not play a game because you can not choose gender.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Nope, Divinity original sin 2 it is not an ARPG, it is an RPG and a good game, but it is not what the OP is looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

That is a very hard self-imposed rule to follow.
    I think it is better being able to decide as many features as possible in RPGs, but you are leaving a lot of good RPGs if you do not play a game because you can not choose gender.
    Not to hijack the thread; but for D:OS2 - does it focus more on tactical combat like DragonAge: Origins? Or would you classify it more along the lines of what I suspect many people consider the "classic" RPG a la Baldurs Gate or more recently, Pillars of Eternity?

(Sidenote: When I first came to the thread I had to look up what OP meant by PoE; didn't know Path of Exile existed, thought they meant Pillars lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to hijack the thread; but for D:OS2 - does it focus more on tactical combat like DragonAge: Origins? Or would you classify it more along the lines of what I suspect many people consider the "classic" RPG a la Baldurs Gate or more recently, Pillars of Eternity?

(Sidenote: When I first came to the thread I had to look up what OP meant by PoE; didn't know Path of Exile existed, thought they meant Pillars lol)
    It's all about tactical turn-based combat, with multi-path story. Classic RPGs can suck D:OS2 dick.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    YS series is very good both gameplay and sound tracks..stuff like that:

specially at 1:23 moment...damn epic.

I've had fun playing Titan Quest and Victor Vran, you could check them out.

Alternatively, if you care only about mowing down people, you could ignore the whole RPG aspect and just get yourself the original Painkiller.

Or maybe Warhammer 40k: Space Marine.

Deleted

No, i would not classify it along the lines of BG or pillars, because the combat system is for me totally apart from those.
    In BG or pillars, like in most infinity engine games, you pause action and issue orders, you can choose to have some ia controlling your chars or not, but still, not ideal for controlling a party, it is the same combat system dragon age origins had.
    Divinity original sin is different, is turn based, meaning you have absolute control over the fight move by move, and for me it is a huge difference.
    I also thought the game was BG like when i started playing the first, but nope, is more like wizardry 8 or might and magic series, the difference being those ones were first person and divinity has the same cenital view infinity games had.
    The combat is strategical, specially in classic and tactician difficulty, but tactician difficulty is something i would not recommend for a first playthrough, because classic difficulty is more than enough.
    Also a very strong point in my opinion, the game can use mods, and there are more than 200 at the nexus already, i do suggest anyone trying the game modding it to be as closed as possible to anyone´s preferences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Grim Dawn + Expansion, basically Titan Quest 2015 with a Western feeling instead of ancient greece with poisons+lightning.

Adventures of Van Helsing Trilogy, basically Grim Dawn with a main character.

Titan Quest Anniversary, remake, balances + new act 6.

Torchlight 2.
    Been wanting to try van helsing and got tje "definitive edition of the incredible vanhelsing"

I assume an older game?

Oh and titan quest sans dlc is even on mobile now

Grim Dawn
    Titan Quest
    The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    Grim Dawn
    Titan Quest
    The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
    This really sums up this thread. Most anything else people are listing aren't even in the same genre, they just think 'RPG' and start posting games where you kill things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Or maybe Warhammer 40k: Space Marine.
    There's literally no RPG elements to Space Marine. ROFL! But yeah, definitely a lot of mowing down hordes of enemies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    This really sums up this thread. Most anything else people are listing aren't even in the same genre, they just think 'RPG' and start posting games where you kill things.
    Guy said "ARPG" not "Diablo-like". Although he did mention POE and Diablo, he didn't limit it to that subgenre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try warframe.