Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Any Good ARPG's?

Hey.

I'm looking for a Game where the entire screen is filled with enemies that you kill with massive AoE attacks, But i don't want this game to be Either PoE or Diablo 3, Are there any other Good ARPGs out there, other than those 2?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    You might like Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and I don't think it counts as an RPG despite the devs adding in some RPG elements; but when it comes to satisfying that itch to cut through swathes of enemies at a time; Dynasty Warriors never fails.

- - - Updated - - -

Darksiders might also be of interest, it definitely has those aspects when you're fighting; but it also has puzzles and the like. Think of God of War but with much more RPG in it.

Grim Dawn is the only other thing that comes to mind. The arpg is a dying genre in desperate need of some major innovations to revive it. PoE is without question the best one right now, being free to boot.

Grim Dawn is really good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hey.

I'm looking for a Game where the entire screen is filled with enemies that you kill with massive AoE attacks, But i don't want this game to be Either PoE or Diablo 3, Are there any other Good ARPGs out there, other than those 2?
    Have you tried Torchlight or Torchlight 2? Both were created by the same team that did Diablo 1 and 2 after they left Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    You might like Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and I don't think it counts as an RPG despite the devs adding in some RPG elements; but when it comes to satisfying that itch to cut through swathes of enemies at a time; Dynasty Warriors never fails.

- - - Updated - - -

Darksiders might also be of interest, it definitely has those aspects when you're fighting; but it also has puzzles and the like. Think of God of War but with much more RPG in it.
    I get a feeling that you don't know what kind of games i'm refering to

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    Have you tried Torchlight or Torchlight 2? Both were created by the same team that did Diablo 1 and 2 after they left Blizzard.
    I have played Torchlight.. Did not know they had made a 2nd one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Grim Dawn is really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigapants View Post
    Grim Dawn is the only other thing that comes to mind.
    Maby that one is something i should check out then

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I get a feeling that you don't know what kind of games i'm refering to

- - - Updated - - -

You said ARPG, all three games I listed are ARPGs (excepting dynasty warriors). Be more specific maybe? Like maybe you don't want third person perspectives, you want more of a dungeon crawler, etc?

Your exact words that I was addressing:
    I'm looking for a Game where the entire screen is filled with enemies that you kill with massive AoE attacks
    All the games I mentioned fit the criteria mate. Sorry if I didn't know more than that =\ Yeah I know you mentioned PoE and Diablo; but you specifically said you DON'T want the games to be them; so I figured I'd suggest something different than say; Torchlight.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2017-12-27 at 07:49 PM.

You said ARPG, all three games I listed are ARPGs (excepting dynasty warriors). Be more specific maybe? Like maybe you don't want third person perspectives, you want more of a dungeon crawler, etc?

Your exact words that I was addressing:

All the games I mentioned fit the criteria mate. Sorry if I didn't know more than that =\
    I Thought ARPG's were only Games like Diablo 3. That's the only thing i've ever heard people use the term for atleast

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I Thought ARPG's were only Games like Diablo 3. That's the only thing i've ever heard people use the term for atleast
    Well, I mean ARPG stands for Action Role Playing Game, so really any RPG that is action oriented (not turn based or menu based combat) technically fits the description. Pretty broad range.

Diablo 3 and games like it, are a more specific subset; typically referred to as Dungeon Crawlers.

Well, I mean ARPG stands for Action Role Playing Game, so really any RPG that is action oriented (not turn based or menu based combat) technically fits the description. Pretty broad range.
    Well, My bad then. But i've really never seen anyone ever use the term ARPG for other games than those Games like Diablo and PoE. Other games are just Simply RPG.

But i basiclly meant a Game like Diablo, with the kind of style. (I really don't know how else to describe them other than calling them ARPG, But since that term was wrong.. i don't know how else to describe them.. other than "Games that Look like diablo")
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2017-12-27 at 07:55 PM.

Well,Dark Souls is a ARPG too,so the genre is quite wide (Dark Souls being very far from the games you gave as an example)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, My bad then. But i've really never seen anyone ever use the term ARPG for other games than those Games like Diablo and PoE. Other games are just Simply RPG.

But i basiclly meant a Game like Diablo, with the kind of style.
    Better name for that would probably be “dungeon crawler” or something similar. While Diablo etc are ARPGs, that is quite a broad category, especially these days, and has many sub genre. Dungeons crawlers being the one you’re looking for.

As for suggestions: Grim Dawn, the new Titanquest expac or Torchlight II are probably your best bets. The Van hellsing games are also meant to be good, I’ve not tried them though.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it came out at around the same time as Diablo 3. It's the same style as the original, but there are more classes and its much bigger in terms of content. It's worth a go if you have nothing else to play and you can get it for £2.99 on steam right now, worth a try if you liked the first one, can't go wrong for that price :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Titanquest I've heard good things of, specifically from grim dawn fans; and while I haven't played it myself; MAYBE Divinity Original Sin 2 could fit the bill? Though I think that one is more just RPG? Unsure, perhaps some of these guys have played it and can confirm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Grim Dawn.

It's the best out there barring PoE as an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grim Dawn, Torchlight 2 with synergies Mod, Titan Quests is OK, Adventures of Van Hellsing is alright as well.

Like others have said, Grim Dawn is pretty fun. I'd love to have a Warhammer fantasy ARPG though.

Victor Vran and the Van Helsing series are worth a look. Dirt cheap too.

Titan Quest also just released a new expansion- yes, an new xpack for a game over a decade old. Titan Quest: Ragnarok. It's decently fun actually.

All that being said, Path of Exile is the best ARPG ever made. The genre has not exceeded GGG's work.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-12-27 at 11:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna say kingdom hearts 2 because I can.