Page 1 of 2
LastLast

cars with undercarriage lighting

What do you think of cars with under carriage lighting? I think having the blue LEDs on the undercarriage look pretty good and used to have them on my focus. But I don't really see them much anymore.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    It was sort of an early 2000's trend. Don't see it much anymore, either. Most likely gonna buy some green LEDs for my tC, but haven't got around to it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    LEDs are a cheap way to make anything look better, also easy to make them look tacky. My thing is that I wouldn't get them because they put a bullseye on your car at night.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it's illegal here.

Usually tacky looking like a lot of over the top body kits and counter functional spoilers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only when I'd play one of those Need for Speed racing games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two words: Obnoxious tool

Also, if you do that shit here, kiss those lights goodbye in a snowstorm, they'll get damaged from packed frozen snow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    Usually tacky looking like a lot of over the top body kits and counter functional spoilers.
    I saw someone who put a spoiler and racing stripes on an older Corolla (like, later 90's model Corolla). As a Corolla driver and someone who has an appreciation for real cars, I wanted to get out of my car and punch the guy for being a giant douche wagon.

Save some pussy for the rest of us, dude.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Tacky nonsense.

Distracting and shit at night.

It can be well done. Tasteful. Artistic. The first Fast and Furious did showcase a few tasteful uses of undercarriage lighting. Thing is, like one of the posters above aptly puts it, it can also be a massive douche canoe signal light when done wrong, because it is very easy to do it wrong. And so it is typically done wrong.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

That looks extremely tacky and more importantly, distracting as fuck for other drivers, especially with the flash. If it's not illegal then it should be.

I have undercarriage lighting when I get close to my car? Let's me see around it at night. Goes off once I am in the car though!
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I like it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I saw someone who put a spoiler and racing stripes on an older Corolla (like, later 90's model Corolla). As a Corolla driver and someone who has an appreciation for real cars, I wanted to get out of my car and punch the guy for being a giant douche wagon.
    Dude, Corollas are one of the most iconic tuners. Ever hear of Initial D?

They make sweet street cars

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I have undercarriage lighting when I get close to my car? Let's me see around it at night. Goes off once I am in the car though!
    That's quite clever.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

That fad faded out around 2006, dude. Some of that need for speed, 2 fast and 2 furry-us crap.

It's your car do what you want, but keep in mind what people think when they see it as you are not doing it for yourself but are looking for attention.

It can look pretty sweet but in many cases it can be distracting to other drivers and as such I am in two minds when it comes to whether it should be legal or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Hmm... French batmoblie?

10+ Year Old Account
    that looks fucking awful