Thread: Is doomfist OP?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is doomfist OP?

His combo ability is crazy, he is weak in team fights but his ability to pick off people in a cramped room is strong

I feel you answered your question quite well.

It's an hero with strong and weak suits; Suitable for some situations, while not as good in others.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is simply broken, he either one shot ppl or trying to survive till cooldowns come off.
    A very cool signature text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a torbjorn on the enemy team?

Doomfist is useless.

Is there a Pharah on the enemy team?

Doomfist is useless.

Anyone with range?

Yep, mostly-useless doomfist.

Sure, if you babysit him with zenyatta and a mercy floating around his backside on some map where he can nimbly scramble around then he can be pretty powerful, but that's true of almost any hero. Doomfist's obliquely short range and "dive or die" gameplay opens him up to some fairly easy counters.

And frankly he's still pretty buggy.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    he is the only hero in the game that legitimately feels worse to play than mccree lol

there are a lot of things i would call doomfist but "OP" isn't one of them. doomfist players remind me of enhancement shamans during cataclysm... you didn't see them very often and they either ate glue or just ripped you in half.

i have always felt like he was a super lame hero ever since he was released.

I find most people to be absolute shit with him but occasionally you run into someone who is very good with him and he is a constant hoppy toad of annoyance.
    One shotting someone in a cramped room Isn’t being good with him, being good with him entails getting in with him, killing someone and getting the fuck out without dying to rinse and repeat with a variation of combos. A Doomfist has to get more value from himself than a one for one ratio. He has to get multiple kills for every death of his own, the true mark of a Doomfist is survivability.

He is only OP in the hands of the right person. You need keen special sense and a full understanding of his abilities and map space knowledge to make him OP.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever someone pick Doomfist, the team tend to give up. He might seem good in the hands of a Doomfist-pro, but those doesn't really exist lol, most people are useless with him. And he is a super weak dps pick compared to like a Soldier, Tracer or Genji.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Not for most people, personally I think he's pretty bad/buggy. Then again I play Hanzo and Doomfist has a gigantic head.

If you have amazing game sense and the great positioning that comes with it and healers that are aware of the kind of support Doomfist needs, you can play Doomfist.

You probably won't get from your team what you need to play Doomfist until you are in masters.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2017-12-28 at 03:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only when the arcade mode is active where there is as good as no cool down time on your abilities, fun to be had, tears to collect.

Deleted
    He definitely isn't OP. It can be annoying when you get charged into while in a room, but that's really one of his only strong abilities. I do however think he's a ridiculous hero. He doesn't really seem to belong in a FPS in my opinion... And his ult is such a bad concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    His combo ability is crazy, he is weak in team fights but his ability to pick off people in a cramped room is strong
    Same goes For moria.
    They both are very anti death ball.
    we really need a other mei type hero. A movement slower/wall hero. That can stop tracers, genji's, moria's, doomfists etc. Or atleast make them think twice before flanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Same goes For moria.
    They both are very anti death ball.
    we really need a other mei type hero. A movement slower/wall hero. That can stop tracers, genji's, moria's, doomfists etc. Or atleast make them think twice before flanking.

DF can come across as OP, but as far as I've ever seen, he only excels if you let the enemy play you. In closed in areas, he's pretty decent, but in wide open areas like most maps he isn't very easily countered. Pharah, Widow, Lucio, Tracer, 76, McCree, Junk, Reaper, and others can usually duel him 1v1 quite effectively.
    Most DF players are also very, VERY predictable. Charge<Dive<Uppercut<1-3 shots<charge. Most the time, when you see one, you know what's coming and compensate for it. They are usually pretty easy to bait. You know their primary targets, and can easily get them to charge into a Junk trap. Rein can charge him on his path down.
    It's quite funny. The most effective I have ever seen them is usually against teams that haven't figured this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    How are they counters? Tracer just blinks up to them and aims for head and unloads and they're dead. Genji just rightclicks melee and dash and they're dead or if it's junkrat he clicks deflect and kills junkrats team.

Just stand on an incline so his punch fails most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    ......hahahahahaha nope....i am not saying killing.....learn 2 read smartass. I said movement stopping...walling off. I am talking about a hero that says...mmm maybe i need to pick a other hero or change plan of attack.

Yes sombra is handy to deal with them. but can she stop more then 1 of them at the time. while they are flanking ...nope she is a flanking hero herself. And she is easy to kill.
    Moria yes she does great damage to them. But again easy to kill. and she can fight them one on one. But does she stop a whole group of them. But does she stop a whole/slows them. Make them change their route...she does not.
    Junkrat can put out the dps yeah....but genji and tracer can range and dodge him with ease...dva can just nuke him to death.

So let me be clear to you so you can understand what i am saying.
    I am not talking about killing them easy. Mcree can stun them with ease, Orisa can halt them etc.
    I am talking about a very large group of mobile hero's would you can not slow down that much. a tracer and genji at the same time and you can do nothing with the above hero's you mentioned. While a mei can block a entrance for them to get in. She can freeze the other one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    How are they counters?
    please just stay gold lmao there is a reason why competitive play is called competitive play and not deathmatch. but hey if tracer and genji are so easy to play, go play them.

Other heroes that counter Tracer & Genji: Reinhardt, Roadhog, McCree, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Symmetra, Soldier 76, Reaper.

Junkrat can one shot Tracer and he can double mine Genji. His Traps also suck you out of position (even if you are in the air falling from a jump and didn't walk on the trap) and do 80 damage as well as rooting you in place for 6 seconds.

Moira's damage orb is a Junkrat grenade on steroids. She auto aims, she heals from her auto aim. 9 times out of 10, you will destroy a bad Genji or Tracer player. Most of the time a Tracer or Genji player at your level will struggle to take you out straight up in a 1v1. If you get used to it and the player is ballsy, they will run up on you and kill you anyway. A better Tracer or Genji player will just flat out destroy you because they are better than you.

No one can ever shoot Tracer or Genji until they are hacked. Then suddenly everyone can aim like a top 500.

Reinhardt takes space away from them with his hammer swings, Roadhog universally demands respect for being braindeadly, McCree's Peacekeeper has a very high rate of fire and damage and he can shut them down quickly, Hanzo was made in the cheesecake factory, heroes like Tracer and Genji suffer a lot from not being full health and engaging enemies so a hero like Widowmaker can keep them from doing their job even if she just keeps chipping at them, Symmetra is turbocancer with her turrets and Soldier 76 has been on top since season 3 and isn't falling off anytime soon. Reaper absolutely destroys out of position Tracer players and he will do the same to Genji Players.

The closest thing you are going to get to a hard counter is the current iteration of Junkrat and Moira; braindead spammy heroes. But you are right, even then a Tracer or Genji player who is better than you is going to kick your ass. Not because Genji or Tracer are OP, but because they are skill counter heroes.... It's up to you to make yourself the counter.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    ......hahahahahaha nope....i am not saying killing.....learn 2 read smartass. I said movement stopping...walling off. I am talking about a hero that says...mmm maybe i need to pick a other hero or change plan of attack.
    ok cool so this new "non countering" hero is going to be so OP that you might as well have picked a ban dive heroes no one knows about until the game starts and they get to the first choke?

lmao

he is "op"in low brackets maby maby in qm. in proper comp he is just lol

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    How are they counters? Tracer just blinks up to them and aims for head and unloads and they're dead. Genji just rightclicks melee and dash and they're dead or if it's junkrat he clicks deflect and kills junkrats team.
    This is the dumbest argument I have ever heard, I can name any character in the game that just has to push a button and aim for the head and you are dead. We could play the make believe game of 'do this and your dead' all day long but in the end its just a dumb argument.

Sombra, she shuts down their abilities which they -need- to be lethal and get out and they are dead.
    Moira, I burn down those three all the time with moira, 51 kills no deaths in my last game.
    Junkrats traps are devastating to these 3, more so doomfist than anyone and you know that charge is coming so you plop it down in front of you. tracer is too fast to be watching her feet and tends to blow up easily just on regular fire.

Those 3 are natural counters to GTDF. Of course this doesnt mean you auto win, personal skill means a lot but if you need a counter these 3 work better on those three than any other toon in the game.

I mean let me show you how dumb your argument is, Reaper is a counter to Winston, "All winston has to do is jump, melee, shield and dance in and out of his shield to burn reaper down.

Winston is a counter to Widow, "All Widow has to do is snipe him in the head on his way in, set gas mine at her feet and then just machine gun him in the head."

Reaper is a counter to Roadhog, "All Roadhog has to do is left click him from range twice, hook and right click and he is dead."

Widow is a counter to Pharah, "All Pharah has to do is peek out of a wall and fire rockets at her."

I mean at this point there is no point in even discussing anything with this silly argument since literally any character can do an ability and shoot the head to win even if you counter them or not.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Doomfist being able to oneshot people would be problematic if people weren't coming back after, like, 10 seconds. Each time you go for the kill with DF you are getting yourself dangerously close to the enemy team, and most players can counter that super easily. Targeted healer kills are usually 1v1 trades, nothing to brag about.

And that's when he connects, since a lot of times he doesn't. The hitbox of his punch got nerfed a bit too hard, but that's a "skill thing". The problem is a lot of times you land a direct hit with DF and the enemy just kind of slides through the surface that was meant to kill him. It's bugged like that for a few months.

And his regular weapon sucks complete ass.