Thread: Is doomfist OP?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Warchief Katie N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Ho Chi Minh City
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    please just stay gold lmao there is a reason why competitive play is called competitive play and not deathmatch. but hey if tracer and genji are so easy to play, go play them.
    I am 3100 rating, not gold. Moira, junkrat or sombra doesn't matter, genji wipe the floor with them. Play vs master genji and say they counter him.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Junkrat can one shot Tracer and he can double mine Genji. His Traps also suck you out of position (even if you are in the air falling from a jump and didn't walk on the trap) and do 80 damage as well as rooting you in place for 6 seconds.
    No, he can 2-shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Sombra, she shuts down their abilities which they -need- to be lethal and get out and they are dead.
    Sombra dies the moment she leaves invis if there's others nearby than the one she tries to hack... You can't even hack someone when you take damage.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Moira, I burn down those three all the time with moira, 51 kills no deaths in my last game.
    Doesn't mean anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Junkrats traps are devastating to these 3, more so doomfist than anyone and you know that charge is coming so you plop it down in front of you. tracer is too fast to be watching her feet and tends to blow up easily just on regular fire.
    Only if you don't watch the floor. Only time I run into traps by mistake is when I play roadhog because I don't care to check the ground.
    Last edited by Katie N; 2018-01-02 at 12:50 AM.

  2. #22
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    I am 3100 rating, not gold. Moira, junkrat or sombra doesn't matter, genji wipe the floor with them. Play vs master genji and say they counter him.
    lmao the best Junkrat player on the game's competitive ladder disagrees " "if you play Genji vs Junkrat, it's like, "No" just change hero. it's not even worth it, just don't play Genji because two mines, it's insane" "

    at 9:00


    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    No, he can 2-shot.
    k well like i said go play tracer and see how often you think 120 damage isn't a 1 shot

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    I am 3100 rating, not gold. Moira, junkrat or sombra doesn't matter, genji wipe the floor with them. Play vs master genji and say they counter him.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No, he can 2-shot.



    Sombra dies the moment she leaves invis if there's others nearby than the one she tries to hack... You can't even hack someone when you take damage.



    Doesn't mean anything.



    Only if you don't watch the floor. Only time I run into traps by mistake is when I play roadhog because I don't care to check the ground.
    Ignoring the rest, but as far as Sombra goes, yes if she decloaks around a bunch of enemies she will die, in a puddle of stupid and shame just like a Reaper teleporting into the center of a team or a monkey jumping in by himself. This might teach a person not to do that, for some people this obviously takes longer to learn than others but eventually it teaches the Sombra not to go in alone and wait for her team to edgadge before she makes her presence felt. You know, if you feel like winning or contributing to your team victory. If you just feel like dying then by all means decloak in view of everyone while they are not occupied by the 5 other members of your team.

    Maybe you should avoid playing Sombra?

    - - - Updated - - -

    I mean seriously, the argument that they dont counter those 3 because they can shoot you in the head and sombra can't jump into the middle of a team and survive is just bad. At that point you would only be happy playing Plastic man where someone can fill you full of lead and you dont get affected, then puff your chest up and spit the bullets back at them.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  4. #24
    Only thing OP about him is his charge. That itself though isn't that bad considering it's limited use. Overall though I just feel like he's a bad hero. Not because he's useless, in the right hands with the right set up he can be extremely good. I mean more in a design kind of way. He has limited use, limited kit and doesn't seem to fit the game as well as the other heroes. I think clunky is the best way to describe him. Again I'm not saying he's bad, just doesn't feel quite right. I think he needs a bit of a rework although how or what I couldn't answer right now.

    He's a bit like seeing a dildo being used as a decoration in a fish tank, it's serving a purpose and doing the job it was assigned but it just doesn't seem right. That's how I feel about Doomfist.

  5. #25
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,319
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I mean seriously, the argument that they dont counter those 3 because they can shoot you in the head and sombra can't jump into the middle of a team and survive is just bad. At that point you would only be happy playing Plastic man where someone can fill you full of lead and you dont get affected, then puff your chest up and spit the bullets back at them.
    people in these games just don't like skill counters because they are fixated on the idea of mains

    to them, heroes are characters and not weapons

    I stopped watching Lone Hawk a long time ago, but this video is very relevant to the topic at hand:

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

    ok cool so this new "non countering" hero is going to be so OP that you might as well have picked a ban dive heroes no one knows about until the game starts and they get to the first choke?

    lmao
    Nope, again you are not reading what i am writing. And now you start to twist words.
    I am saying most of your picks are soft counters.
    So let me explain so that you can understand it.

    Reinhard and orisa are shield tanks, just like mei is a movement blocker/path destroyer ( she motivate's people away from there).

    Dva is maybe good for the few seconds of block she has...but she is not a shield tank, just as your picks are not movement blockers/path destroyers.


    And no i do not want a anti dive hero that makes genji's and tracers etc useless. But want me to create a hero?!?! okay lets think:

    A hero who puts zones on the ground that slows people down, or a force field ( that only your team can see good, and the enemy can only see part of it like junkrat traps) that stuns a hero for a few seconds ( like mcree's move), a stronger version of symmetra turrets ( or longer range). A hero that shoots a orb at a enemy player that latches it on to the player that shoots and makes them stick near them. Many more options.

    So again lets be clear...i am not talking about a hero that sets up a impassible wall or something like that. But a mei , that is a harder counter to movement hero's.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    I am 3100 rating, not gold. Moira, junkrat or sombra doesn't matter, genji wipe the floor with them. Play vs master genji and say they counter him.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No, he can 2-shot.



    Sombra dies the moment she leaves invis if there's others nearby than the one she tries to hack... You can't even hack someone when you take damage.



    Doesn't mean anything.



    Only if you don't watch the floor. Only time I run into traps by mistake is when I play roadhog because I don't care to check the ground.
    Katie you are my new hero

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    people in these games just don't like skill counters because they are fixated on the idea of mains

    to them, heroes are characters and not weapons

    I stopped watching Lone Hawk a long time ago, but this video is very relevant to the topic at hand:
    I get the feeling some players won't be happy unless they are the only player in the world who can play as Superman and everyone else gets to play Jimmy Olson. Then they would bitch about diving solo into a group of jimmy Olsens who pop out Kyrptonite rings and shoot for the head.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-01-03 at 02:52 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  8. #28
    Doomfist doesn't really have allot of scenario's where he can break the defense. Honestly if you fight in small rooms then their are a few ways to die even without doomfist involved.

    Also the amount of small area's where doomfist can shine is limited to begin with, most fighting happens at choke points which are often in the open and not really good for charging headfirst.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I've always been a JR player, and this is a really stupid picture.
    Genji and JR are technically counters to each other, for a very short time in alpha JR had an edge because reflect didn't work on JR abilities, but it was changed. It went into Genji's favor for a long time because dash would destroy traps, but they changed that. It's a tough fight, both have ways to almost instantly destroy the other. Bad JR and Bad Genji players will bitch saying the other is OP. In reality if you are sending your junk rat against Genji, your team comp is fucked, it's nice JR can deal with a Genji, but that's not junk rats purpose.

    OT: DF is a dive hero who blows all his cool downs during the dive, he is pretty easy to deal with outside of exceptional players, but that's true for all heroes.

  10. #30
    No. I define OP as an average player can looking like a god with a specific hero. To me I actually feel this game is pretty well balanced.

  11. #31
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,319
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I've always been a JR player, and this is a really stupid picture.
    Genji and JR are technically counters to each other, for a very short time in alpha JR had an edge because reflect didn't work on JR abilities, but it was changed.
    I have to disagree. if a Genji player is at their skill cap, they will rip a Junkrat in half every time. Of course, the game is not a 1v1 deathmatch so that is why Genji is not dominating right now and Junkrat is quite forgiving to play.

    With the amount of gamesense, foresight, quick aim and lack of error in decision making required to play Genji at a high level I just don't see a skilled Genji ever losing a 1v1 to a Junkrat. Junkrats only beat Genji players who are worse than them and/or attacking someone else, but this can also be said for other heroes with significant area damage spam which is incredibly effective vs Genji when he is being attacked from many angles at once.

    That being said, I am not a skilled Genji player. But with the encounters I have had vs Junkrat players, I know if my blind flicks as Genji were better, I was able to measure my dashes meticulously and I was more patient playing the deflect mindgame, that I would never lose to a Junkrat unless I got nailed by a random floor mine used for mobility which is pretty much the most annoying thing in the world.

    Stuff like that frustrates me - where you say "oops haha got one, that's totally hilarious I cant even believe my eyes right now lol im fuckin dyin someone call an amulance lmao" it just feels fucked up to be trying so hard to be effective as a high skill hero but being flattened, rolled up and tossed aside like yesterday's laundry. For example: junkrat's mine hits in a 3m(?) radius and does full 120 damage, but McCree has to land a headshot and Widowmaker has to land a body shot to do that much damage.

    To me, that is pretty broken. It's like, what incentives are there to even play high skill heroes when low skill heroes are that powerful? If you have to work your way up from the bottom, it's very discouraging - especially being in a community where "git gud" is the message we all send to each other, because it encourages players to play heroes in undesirable circumstances vs players who are playing to win to try to improve their ability to play that hero because learning how to play it in any situation without feeling countered is more important to that player than actually winning the match.

    And the roughest thing about it is that if you really struggle with your mechanical ability, you just have to accept that if you want to improve you really have to put in the hours to get better because honing your aim is just like practicing a jump shot. Personally, Overwatch will always be special to me because it gave me a way to become better at a type of video game I never thought I would be good enough at to enjoy. Fortunately, I just went through the motions because I liked the type of game that it is and the depth of it that much and I was willing to put in the hours to improve my ability. But I really sympathize when players complain even though I know it would be bad to change the game at the top to make the game at the bottom or low end better.

    If you would have told me 2 years ago I was going to buy a team based shooter this year, start sinking copious amounts of time into it and make it a personal goal to play it at an average level, I would have asked what kind of drugs you were on and if I could have some. Started from the bottom and now we're here but I'm still hungry lol

  12. #32
    Doomfist requires a pretty skilled played to use effectively. The best use I've seen out of him was a player who was using him as a tank killer by punching through barriers and then leaping away until he could do it again. Pretty cool to watch actually. However, 90% of DF players I've seen are complete trash.

  13. #33
    no hes actually one of the most balanced heroes in ow. hes easily counterable but can be used in certain situations if executed properly.

  14. #34
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakota View Post
    no hes actually one of the most balanced heroes in ow. hes easily counterable but can be used in certain situations if executed properly.
    This is an old thread, I think from before they broke him. Right now his Rocket Punch is broken enough that I've seen him repeatedly fail to connect even with Tanks. When you see him fly through D.Va (her mech being the largest hit box in the game), you know that hero really probably should just be disabled until they fix it.

  15. #35
    Bloodsail Admiral ThatsOurEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,003
    Doomfist ain't OP.

    Pharah on the other hand, is still loads of bullshit.

  16. #36
    The Insane Kujako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the woods, doing what bears do.
    Posts
    16,779
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Doomfist ain't OP.

    Pharah on the other hand, is still loads of bullshit.
    Only when she has a Mercy stuck to her butt.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  17. #37
    Bloodsail Admiral ThatsOurEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,003
    Even without her, she's full of bullshit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •