Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    Okay, got the answer from the GM. It was indeed because I said "Shut up, Trump!" on the forums, not because I said "shit team" in-game.

    This was the suspension message

    Reason: Spamming / Trolling
    Date actioned: Thu Dec 28 17:05:50 GMT 2017
    Action ending: Permanent Ban
    Reported post: Author: XXXXXX
    Forum: General Discussion
    Topic: If you don't like what Blizzard is doing
    Reply: #21
    Date: Dec 27, 2017 12:54:49 PM
    Shut up, Trump!



    And this was the appeal message

    You are receiving this message in response to the help petition which you submitted regarding your account currently being suspended for 1 week.

    Unfortunately I am upholding the current 1 week suspension on your account. We do not tolerate any harassment or toxic language on the forums as it is not fair to other players.

    We do not care who started the argument, nor if it was justified, nor if it was for fun. If you are reported for being toxic or inappropriate with our rules we will take action.




    There. Looks like Donald Trump, who is an avid Overwatch player, felt offended and reported me. Well either that or Jeff is a trumpkin.
    To be perfectly honest, for how toxic the game is, I would support their decision to ban you. I'm not a Trump supporter by any means, but you have to consider the tone you used. Doesn't matter what you actually meant, you disagreed with someone who could have been/was a Trump supported and implied that someone like that should shut up. It's a stretch, but with an incredibly toxic community, the ban was probably called for. Overwatch is basically world-reknowned at this point for it's toxic communit. You didn't possibly think that calling out an entire republican party was going to result in no consequence, did you? That's literally half the population of our entire country. You literally disagreed with 160 million people.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    To be perfectly honest, for how toxic the game is, I would support their decision to ban you. I'm not a Trump supporter by any means, but you have to consider the tone you used. Doesn't matter what you actually meant, you disagreed with someone who could have been/was a Trump supported and implied that someone like that should shut up. It's a stretch, but with an incredibly toxic community, the ban was probably called for. Overwatch is basically world-reknowned at this point for it's toxic communit. You didn't possibly think that calling out an entire republican party was going to result in no consequence, did you? That's literally half the population of our entire country. You literally disagreed with 160 million people.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    What's ridiculous is that you get banned in the game for what you did on the forums.
    What's ridiculous about it? You are the same person no matter where you're typing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    What's ridiculous about it? You are the same person no matter where you're typing.
    Then I should get penalized across the battlenet. One week ban for all battlenet games and forums because of what I did on a forum. I mean I'm the same person and all.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    What's ridiculous is that you get banned in the game for what you did on the forums.
    What's ridiculous is receiving a permanent ban from any forum. Grow up and control yourself better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronan View Post
    Then I should get penalized across the battlenet. One week ban for all battlenet games and forums because of what I did on a forum. I mean I'm the same person and all.
    I agree, Blizzard is far too lenient with their banning system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  7. #27
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,319
    The softness & petiness of this generation sickens me.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    The softness & petiness of this generation sickens me.
    vast generalizations wont serve you well. Out of every generation, we have always had people like this.

  9. #29
    Blizzard have some insane rules and low tolerance level. I feel you, it's a joke. Got a month silence myself for basically nothing. But hey 2017 was the year of the offended. Everyone is a victim and whatever you say some poor sould take offence. 2018 will prolly be the same now.

    I just hate that Blizzard try to make their games some safe space thing, like they try to shield people from the real world. Like people get so upset from what a stranger write in the internet, I mean come one, how will those people who report cause they are offended EVER survive in the real world.

    Overwatch is a good game but it has the most stupid and quite frankly retarded reporting system I have ever seen in my life.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    The softness & petiness of this generation sickens me.
    Yep, me too, I feel I have little connection to this world.
    • Cataclysm Lover - Legion Hater (Cata>MoP>WotLK>TBC>WoD>Legion)
    • Keep Classic Servers 100% original or no point!
    • Always looking for skilled OW players to push rating!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Blizzard have some insane rules and low tolerance level. I feel you, it's a joke. Got a month silence myself for basically nothing. But hey 2017 was the year of the offended. Everyone is a victim and whatever you say some poor sould take offence. 2018 will prolly be the same now.

    I just hate that Blizzard try to make their games some safe space thing, like they try to shield people from the real world. Like people get so upset from what a stranger write in the internet, I mean come one, how will those people who report cause they are offended EVER survive in the real world.

    Overwatch is a good game but it has the most stupid and quite frankly retarded reporting system I have ever seen in my life.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yep, me too, I feel I have little connection to this world.
    Silenced for "Basically nothing." Yep, not suspect at all.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  11. #31
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,319
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Silenced for "Basically nothing." Yep, not suspect at all.
    well man you do gotta admit, getting banned over saying something about trump is a bit much, (assuming they are being forthcoming with the truth) but at the same time this is disciplinary action from a company that suspended me from their forums for making light of the controversy over Tracer's sexuality and trying to spread some light-hearted humour in the community so i don't find it hard to believe. here is the email:

    Greetings,

    This account has been suspended from the Blizzard Forums for a violation of the Code of Conduct: https://battle.net/forums/code-of-conduct/

    Reason: Spamming/Trolling
    Action ending: Permanent Ban
    Forum: General Discussion
    Topic: i knew tracer was gay as soon as i looked at her
    i mean come on guys

    look at those goggles. she's wearing crocs onto the battlefield ffs. with that dumb expression on her face. and just the way she carries herself.

    gay asf

    had my gaydar going haywire the first time i saw her
    I forget exactly what they said when I appealed the ban and explained that I was just trying to have a laugh with others, but I basically got told that everything I said was hateful and inappropriate. I just... Like.... Wait, what? Really? >____> ok lol bye then
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2018-01-03 at 06:01 AM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Silenced for "Basically nothing." Yep, not suspect at all.
    When you get silenced, you never get to know exactly what you said to cause the silence, but overall, I don't things I've said were really that bad. Mostly I've triggered the other team with small taunts, but come on, that's not the same as saying "kys" or calling people retard or something. More like "Hey other team, maybe you are good at other things" when we cap a point etc. That's not very harsh.
    • Cataclysm Lover - Legion Hater (Cata>MoP>WotLK>TBC>WoD>Legion)
    • Keep Classic Servers 100% original or no point!
    • Always looking for skilled OW players to push rating!

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    When you get silenced, you never get to know exactly what you said to cause the silence, but overall, I don't things I've said were really that bad. Mostly I've triggered the other team with small taunts, but come on, that's not the same as saying "kys" or calling people retard or something. More like "Hey other team, maybe you are good at other things" when we cap a point etc. That's not very harsh.
    When you get silenced 100 people report you for something you did and then the game auto applies a punishment. You can at least man up and accept that you did something that qualified you for a punishment even if you feel what you do isn't a big deal because surprise, every human being on the planet always justifies their behavior and when someone else is offended it's "No big deal" but when YOU are offended shit has to change, "RIGHT NAOW!"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    well man you do gotta admit, getting banned over saying something about trump is a bit much, (assuming they are being forthcoming with the truth) but at the same time this is disciplinary action from a company that suspended me from their forums for making light of the controversy over Tracer's sexuality and trying to spread some light-hearted humour in the community so i don't find it hard to believe. here is the email:

    Greetings,

    This account has been suspended from the Blizzard Forums for a violation of the Code of Conduct: https://battle.net/forums/code-of-conduct/

    Reason: Spamming/Trolling
    Action ending: Permanent Ban
    Forum: General Discussion
    Topic: i knew tracer was gay as soon as i looked at her


    I forget exactly what they said when I appealed the ban and explained that I was just trying to have a laugh with others, but I basically got told that everything I said was hateful and inappropriate. I just... Like.... Wait, what? Really? >____> ok lol bye then
    Is it your forum for posting or theirs? If it is their forum they can dispense the rules as they see fit and you have to abide by those rules. You don't have the freedom of speech on someones internet forum. Freedom of speech only protects you from the Government punishing you, not a website. And lets not forget that the internet does not have to apply the rules of one of the nations on the planet.

    If I speak of religion on this forum I will get banned, there are several topics on this forum that you can't discuss and that is their rules. If I break the rules and get banned then I didn't get banned because the mods are snowflakes, I got banned because I broke the rules. The discussion about Trump broke the rules.

    Frankly I am good with the banning as it gets one less toxic person out of the game. Maybe they will one day learn the lesson that they can't say what ever you want and never see consequences for their actions. I'm not a trumper, I don't like him or his supporters, but not only is this behavior breaking the rules of the forum but it is also being used as an insult and an attack.

    And that person still denies they did anything wrong and blames it on the Trump supporters, which is about as conspiracy nuts as Trump himself.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-01-04 at 05:29 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  14. #34
    Most of the threads like these "not knowing why you could possibly be banned.. maybe you said 1 thing 1 time".. always turn out to be BS with a history of negative behavior that deserved to be punished

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    When you get silenced 100 people report you for something you did and then the game auto applies a punishment. You can at least man up and accept that you did something that qualified you for a punishment even if you feel what you do isn't a big deal because surprise, every human being on the planet always justifies their behavior and when someone else is offended it's "No big deal" but when YOU are offended shit has to change, "RIGHT NAOW!"

    - - - Updated - - -



    Is it your forum for posting or theirs? If it is their forum they can dispense the rules as they see fit and you have to abide by those rules. You don't have the freedom on speech on someones internet forum. Freedom of speech only protects you from the Government punishing you, not a website. And lets not forget that the internet does not have to apply the rules of one of the nations on the planet.

    If I speak of religion on this forum I will get banned, there are several topics on this forum that you can't discuss and that is their rules. If I break the rules and get banned then I didn't get banned because the mods are snowflakes, I got banned because I broke the rules. The discussion about Trump broke the rules.

    Frankly I am good with the banning as it gets one less toxic person in the game. I'm not a trumper, I don't him or his supporters, but not only is this behavior breaking the rules of the forum but it is also being used as an insult and an attack.

    And that person still denies they did anything wrong and blames it on the Trump supporters, which is about as conspiracy nuts as Trump himself.
    No one gives a shit about the bullshit response "company has the right.. blah blah blah free country blah." When you are banned/suspended for what you feel is stupid you also have the right to complain/question said ban.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    No one gives a shit about the bullshit response "company has the right.. blah blah blah free country blah." When you are banned/suspended for what you feel is stupid you also have the right to complain/question said ban.
    Correction, YOU don't give a shit and I really don't give a shit what you give a shit about. Don't like their rules don't frequent their forums. Don't follow their rules and you get banned no matter what you don't give a shit about. They don't give two shits about what you give a shit about and I don't either. You know who does? You, and only you. You don't have to like the rules, you just have to follow them or suffer the consequences. You don't like em? Tough shit. ))

    Nobody said you couldn't question the ban, in fact the person we are talking about questioned it and Gandrake questioned theirs. I was the first one to even suggest they ask why they got banned. Why you are pulling this out of thin air as part of your argument I can't say.

    And again, you are on an internet forum and while you may live in a free country the internet is not a country nor is it required to adhere to your countries rules. If they decide to ban you because they don't like your avatar they can and there isn't shit you can do about it. They control the horizontal and they control the vertical. http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_lif...-internet.html

    Anything else is just ignoring reality.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-01-04 at 05:43 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  17. #37
    We don't want you playing Overwatch. -Jeff Shreklan

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    When you get silenced 100 people report you for something you did and then the game auto applies a punishment. You can at least man up and accept that you did something that qualified you for a punishment even if you feel what you do isn't a big deal because surprise, every human being on the planet always justifies their behavior and when someone else is offended it's "No big deal" but when YOU are offended shit has to change, "RIGHT NAOW!"

    - - - Updated - - -



    Is it your forum for posting or theirs? If it is their forum they can dispense the rules as they see fit and you have to abide by those rules. You don't have the freedom of speech on someones internet forum. Freedom of speech only protects you from the Government punishing you, not a website. And lets not forget that the internet does not have to apply the rules of one of the nations on the planet.

    If I speak of religion on this forum I will get banned, there are several topics on this forum that you can't discuss and that is their rules. If I break the rules and get banned then I didn't get banned because the mods are snowflakes, I got banned because I broke the rules. The discussion about Trump broke the rules.

    Frankly I am good with the banning as it gets one less toxic person out of the game. Maybe they will one day learn the lesson that they can't say what ever you want and never see consequences for their actions. I'm not a trumper, I don't like him or his supporters, but not only is this behavior breaking the rules of the forum but it is also being used as an insult and an attack.

    And that person still denies they did anything wrong and blames it on the Trump supporters, which is about as conspiracy nuts as Trump himself.
    Yes, obviously I broke the rules and got the silence. But come on, the question is bigger than "did you break the rules or not", it's about whether the rules are good or bad. An extreme example is, if murder became legal somewhere, would it become an okey thing to do? Just because there are rules, it doesn't mean they are good rules. We should question the leadership, we should fight bad ruling, we should raise our voice.

    This goes beyond Overwatch of course too. The world disgust me, it truly does. Everyone has become weak and pathetic it seems. Everyone is offended by everything. Jesus Christ, you told me to man up but it seems most of the world need to do the same.

    If you truly take offense from what some stranger say to you in a game, where you even are anonomous, then I feel sorry for you. Not YOU specifically DeadmanWalking, but "You" as a generalization to whoever it might apply to. I mean, what in someones life has made them so mushy, insecure and broken down that they care what a stranger on the internet say. We are not talking about griefing here, where a stranger ruin they gameplay, but strictly written or spoken words.

    I don't think I'm that much older (I'm 28) than most people who play the game, but I'm guessing most people who take offence are younger? When I was a kid and played online games, like early Counter Strike, people were "toxic" too, but I never cared. It's not about age, but rather the attitude of society. HOW ON EARTH are the youngsters of today gonna tackle the world later? Cause people like me, who might seem toxic, fight our way in the world, I take what I want and don't care if I make enemies. People like me tend to go kinda far and end up being bosses etc, and we don't hire weak, pathetic and offended people. We don't want people who can't handle real life. This entire mushy "I'm so offended" attitude people have will f*ck them so hard in life. This truly need a change.

    I don't know if it's vanity, narcisism or what ever. But this entire "oh poor me, look at me, I'm so sad and offended" makes me puke in my mouth. I see people write on Facebook how they got offended, molested or whatever. Yeah that sucks, but tell the police and not people on social media. This attention for pity is a cancer to the world. And it exist in my favorite games too...
    • Cataclysm Lover - Legion Hater (Cata>MoP>WotLK>TBC>WoD>Legion)
    • Keep Classic Servers 100% original or no point!
    • Always looking for skilled OW players to push rating!

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Yes, obviously I broke the rules and got the silence. But come on, the question is bigger than "did you break the rules or not", it's about whether the rules are good or bad. An extreme example is, if murder became legal somewhere, would it become an okey thing to do? Just because there are rules, it doesn't mean they are good rules. We should question the leadership, we should fight bad ruling, we should raise our voice.

    This goes beyond Overwatch of course too. The world disgust me, it truly does. Everyone has become weak and pathetic it seems. Everyone is offended by everything. Jesus Christ, you told me to man up but it seems most of the world need to do the same.

    If you truly take offense from what some stranger say to you in a game, where you even are anonomous, then I feel sorry for you. Not YOU specifically DeadmanWalking, but "You" as a generalization to whoever it might apply to. I mean, what in someones life has made them so mushy, insecure and broken down that they care what a stranger on the internet say. We are not talking about griefing here, where a stranger ruin they gameplay, but strictly written or spoken words.

    I don't think I'm that much older (I'm 28) than most people who play the game, but I'm guessing most people who take offence are younger? When I was a kid and played online games, like early Counter Strike, people were "toxic" too, but I never cared. It's not about age, but rather the attitude of society. HOW ON EARTH are the youngsters of today gonna tackle the world later? Cause people like me, who might seem toxic, fight our way in the world, I take what I want and don't care if I make enemies. People like me tend to go kinda far and end up being bosses etc, and we don't hire weak, pathetic and offended people. We don't want people who can't handle real life. This entire mushy "I'm so offended" attitude people have will f*ck them so hard in life. This truly need a change.

    I don't know if it's vanity, narcisism or what ever. But this entire "oh poor me, look at me, I'm so sad and offended" makes me puke in my mouth. I see people write on Facebook how they got offended, molested or whatever. Yeah that sucks, but tell the police and not people on social media. This attention for pity is a cancer to the world. And it exist in my favorite games too...
    Please don’t do yourself a disservice and compare behaving like a troll on the internet and real world murder. If you don’t like the rules don’t use their service. If enough people agree with you then they will go elsewhere too and the developer doesn’t have a product to offer. Otherwise you abide by the rules of the house or you suffer the consequences. If you want to create a game and punish people for not trolling you are welcome to.

    You can’t behave any way you want regardless of the rules and never see consequences. The fault isn’t the rule makers, the fault is your for breaking them and expecting everyone else to change around you. Make your own game/forum and do what you want. I can assure were you in their spot you would be doing the same damn thing.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Please don’t do yourself a disservice and compare behaving like a troll on the internet and real world murder. If you don’t like the rules don’t use their service. If enough people agree with you then they will go elsewhere too and the developer doesn’t have a product to offer. Otherwise you abide by the rules of the house or you suffer the consequences. If you want to create a game and punish people for not trolling you are welcome to.

    You can’t behave any way you want regardless of the rules and never see consequences. The fault isn’t the rule makers, the fault is your for breaking them and expecting everyone else to change around you. Make your own game/forum and do what you want. I can assure were you in their spot you would be doing the same damn thing.
    Well, I suppose we will never agree. I don't want to seem judgemental, but to accept the rules just becuase they ARE the rules sounds insane to me.

    Have you even though about what Blizzard allow or doesn't allow? Do you personally think they are reasonable? I know you will say yes regardless but please, try at least to imagine if things couldn't be better if they weren't so sensitive.

    I will never in my life accept bad rules and always fight them. I spend a lot of time in Overwatch and can obviously not create a game like that myself, so I will always wish for it to be better. And better means less sensitive.
    • Cataclysm Lover - Legion Hater (Cata>MoP>WotLK>TBC>WoD>Legion)
    • Keep Classic Servers 100% original or no point!
    • Always looking for skilled OW players to push rating!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •