Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rewhaha View Post
    I think this is a great idea. 2 different WOWs, for two very different types of players

One would be a transmog server, filled with fancy hats and cat costumes. Maybe add a dance studio so they can add all kinds of frolicking to their fancy hat and cat costume experience

The other would be a real competitive video game, that involves spatial skills and stat management, in which real achievements yielded a specific look, and badness would be obvious to everyone
    How... Is vanilla competative in any way?
    Transmogs or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Nope. The accomplishment comes from actually completing relevant content. Its personal, and it doesn't require validation from other players by giving THEM something cool to look at or "look up to".

I feel accomplished, when I have actually done something few others can.
    You are missing the basics of human nature though.
    People seek validation from others. A lot os us do. I am one of those sheep following the herd.

Not everyone does things because is a personal quest of the self...a selfless act...a job without the rewad. (sorry bad english)

Some people do things to seek validation from others. Thats just being human.
    Not saying it should be this way...but i cant control my instincts. I admit i am like this. (and many other are)

I hate to break it to everyone but odds are pretty high they won't make a separate server for every qol change people may want.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    People seek validation from others. A lot os us do. I am one of those sheep following the herd.

Not everyone does things because is a personal quest of the self...a selfless act...a job without the rewad. (sorry bad english)

Not saying it should be this way...but i cant control my instincts. I admit i am like this.
    Seeking validation, sure... Seeking validation from who. Everyone else? Entitlement. Why should they care, and why should you be validated by everyone else because you got lucky with gear drops and don't look like a junkyard? The guy who does look like one might be a lot stronger than you, and more skilled.

Looks alone is not at all worthy of validation like that. If you manage to go out and collect a gear set that looks good, from raid or whatever, then show it off. It costs gold to transmog as well, especially for weapons. If the rates are the same as now, it might well be a privilege to transmog to a good-looking set instead of the garbage looking one you have, despite it being BiS.

10+ Year Old Account

Not saying it should be this way...but i cant control my instincts. I admit i am like this. (and many other are)
    Yes Narcissists.

What the validation you are describing comes from one's peer group, its called herd mentality. But that would apply to those you raid with/play with.

Your need to be admired because of how you look by people you don't view as your equal/peers is not validation.

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep saying "looks" didn't entice people to raid so we can't have a nice discussion
    There are several reasons why people raided back then and i'm pretty sure "gear looks" was one of them for many people.
    I would love to see someone burning his DKP on an item he doesn't need "but it looks cool, i love it". Definitely would be kicked out of the guild this instant

- - - Updated - - -

It did change.
    Pre transmog you would look like a clown. This was incentive to raid.

Nowadays YOU feel acomplished in looks. YOU log in the game and you are acomplished. You and me...and everyone else.

How did it not change anything if WE ALL already feel acomplished?
    Without transmog you still look like a clown, regardless of you being a raider or not.

Just to clarify:
    You looked like a clown before you raid, because you equip whatever the best performance gear there is to be competitive against other players
    You looked like a clown when you raid, because you equip whatever drops and whatever the best performance gear there is to stay in raid roster and not be removed from it.

The only players who wore a whole set gear were PvPers. It takes extreme amount of time and loot whoring to get full set from PvE

And if you deliberately chose to equip whatever looks better over what performs better you wouldn't get a spot in a raid with decent progression to keep gear flowing
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-01-02 at 09:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Yes Narcissists.

What the validation you are describing comes from one's peer group, its called herd mentality. But that would apply to those you raid with/play with.

Your need to be admired because of how you look by people you don't view as your equal/peers is not validation.
    You don't need to be a narcissist just because you want to look cool.
    It is a personal achievement. YOUR character progression. You feel good about yourself for having a nice looking character because once YOU looked like a clown.
    The prestige is just a bonus, but yes, is part of the experience.

Just wanted to clarify something.
    Lets look at an extreme example as proof that people enjoy "looks".
    Thunderfury
    You believe people only wanted it because it was "optimal" and was a DPS increase?
    You trully believe NO ONE wanted Thunderfury just because it looked cool and was amazing to look at?

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry if im late but

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to be a narcissist just because you want to look cool.
    It is a personal achievement. YOUR character progression. You feel good about yourself for having a nice looking character because once YOU looked like a clown.
    The prestige is just a bonus, but yes, is part of the experience.

Just wanted to clarify something.
    Lets look at an extreme example as proof that people enjoy "looks".
    Thunderfury
    You believe people only wanted it because it was "optimal" and was a DPS increase?
    You trully believe NO ONE wanted Thunderfury just because it looked cool and was amazing to look at?
    Nobody spent their life in MC for the sole purpose of some sword... no.

You can't even stick to your own argument.

You think (well documented):

That because player (a) has awesome looking gear. It will entice player (b) to do the same content, because he also wants to look cool.

You BLAME transmog for "destroying" that experience.

Unfortunately though, your reasoning for that is not altruistic. You don't care about the raiding scene and what it has become (supposedly). Thanks to transmog player (a) cannot or does not advertise for current raid thus player (b) has no interest in current raids. Additionally, player (b) can be satisfied looking cool using old raid gear and not feel motivated to make himself look "cool".

First, the problem with that argument is that player (b) was never really interested in the raiding scene to begin with. I can't begin to tell you the problems it would create if people who had zero interest in raiding suddenly started showing up at raid times so that they can "look cool".

Second, none of this really matters to you. Because as player (a) your only concern has been the love, admiration, and praise that player (b) gives you.

I got your number bro. No explanation needed.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2018-01-03 at 07:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both your phrases are wrong. People used to care and Vanilla will be a place for competition.
    You really need to take a step back and assess your priorities in life.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Threads like these fill me with second-hand embarrassment.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    You think (well documented):

That because player (a) has awesome looking gear. It will entice player (b) to do the same content, because he also wants to look cool.

You BLAME transmog for "destroying" that experience.
    Yes

Thanks to transmog player (a) cannot or does not advertise for current raid thus player (b) has no interest in current raids. Additionally, player (b) can be satisfied looking cool using old raid gear and not feel motivated to make himself look "cool".
    YES! You fully understood my point of view

First, the problem with that argument is that player (b) was never really interested in the raiding scene to begin with. I can't begin to tell you the problems it would create if people who had zero interest in raiding suddenly started showing up at raid times so that they can "look cool".
    But...i am one of those people. Just because my objective is to look cool doesnt mean i am a bad player. I'm just a roleplayer of sorts.

Second, none of this really matters to you. Because as player (a) your only concern has been the love, admiration, and praise that player (b) gives you.
    My only concern is the progression of my character and looking cool in a world where the majority is ugly.
    It creates a huge sense of acomplishment in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    I hate to break it to you but nobody really ever gave much of a crap about some strangers gear.

And classic really won't be the place for competition.
    That is where you are wrong, Classic was all about other peoples gear, especially early on. I remember I was one of the early 8/8 T1 players on Laughing Skull and just standing In IF I would get whispers all the time from people telling me I had awesome gear and how hot I looked.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only concern is the progression of my character and looking cool in a world where the majority is ugly.
    It creates a huge sense of acomplishment in the end.
    Your solution to this "problem" is to make the rest of the world/players ugly.

Narcissism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread: separate the idiots who keep posting about changes having to be made to classic from those who just want an authentic experience.