Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you pot on trash? Mythic+

Greetings,

I have a simple question for you: Do you use pots on trash while in Mythic+?

My question is specifically aimed at those pushing keys and regularly doing 19+ I like to see my damage without pots and so I've never used pots on trash (and using pots seemed very tryhard and almost like cheating) but I asked some friends I was pushing keys with and they said it's common to use as much pots as you can.

I simulatenously felt good and bad. Good because my total damage at the end of the run, be it top or bottom, was without using pots and would have been higher if I used them (and presuming with this new knowledge that the other 2 dps may have been using pots often). Bad because I've been gimping my performance and slowing down every run I've ever been in.

Is using pots on trash common? Thoughts?
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2017-12-29 at 12:54 AM.

Pots increase dps. If you would like to increase your dps use pots. If you are not interested in increasing your dps then don't pot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    Pots increase dps. If you would like to increase your dps use pots. If you are not interested in increasing your dps then don't pot.
    Preach my black brother.

If you are trying to push keys you should and in many cases have to. If you are doing anything below a 15 you most likely wont need to. Hell in those lower keys people still save all their cds for bosses and don't use them on trash, then wonder why they miss timers.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Of course, that's why prolonged power was put in the game

Depends on the key level and time until reaching next boss. I'll sometimes use potions at higher levels if I know I'll still have it for the next boss.

try getting the cheap ass blood of sargaras pots. the last a while + you can get em really cheap.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

We don't even push high keys, but obivously we pot on trash or at least on larger pulls. I mean let's say your run takes 40 minutes, then theoretically you could pot 20 times (which is highly unrealistic since you will mostly be longer than 2 minutes in fight and might want to save the pot CD for bosses), which translates to 2 blood of sargeras even without any procs.
    It's just cheap as fuck, sometimes I forgot to switch macros and even use them in world quests, so I find it quite strange that this is a topic someone would make.

Since prolonged power gives you more maxhp as well it really becomes a must to have a high potuptime through the dungeon. Just make sure to only pot outfight and dont be afraid to pot a few seconds ahead of trashpulls so that the end of the pot fits in between pulls.

Deleted
    Yes? Depending on the Dungeon and the affixes trash is and will be harder than bosses. I both cringe and die a bit inside when I read stupid shit like this, almost thought you were trolling at first, still hard to believe you arn't trolling.

Absolutely. Sometimes I forget to stock up on one of the 12 characters I do a +15 or higher on each week, but I definitely try to have a pile of pots, flasks and food on all of them. Consumables are pretty cheap anyway.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    We don't even push high keys, but obivously we pot on trash or at least on larger pulls. I mean let's say your run takes 40 minutes, then theoretically you could pot 20 times (which is highly unrealistic since you will mostly be longer than 2 minutes in fight and might want to save the pot CD for bosses), which translates to 2 blood of sargeras even without any procs.
    It's just cheap as fuck, sometimes I forgot to switch macros and even use them in world quests, so I find it quite strange that this is a topic someone would make.
    I'm not against using pots and I agree it's very easy to get a lot of prolonged power pots. I'm honestly just curious to know if it's common practice. It may sound strange because the whole idea of mythic+ is to do the run as fast as possible but I always considered using pots to be somehow...cheating? Like your cheating the meters and it wasn't honest. Of course the more dps you do the better as it helps the group but...I'm not sure exactly how to explain why I never used pots on trash (I do use them on bosses) even when pushing high keys. It's something to do with seeing how good I can perform without the use of outside help. If using a lot of pots I'd feel doubly bad being the lowest on dps because the others might not be using pots. Likewise if I was highest on dps it's like...well yeah, you're using lots of pots.

Nah, but I only do 15-17s so don't really bother with consumables

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    I'm not against using pots and I agree it's very easy to get a lot of prolonged power pots. I'm honestly just curious to know if it's common practice. It may sound strange because the whole idea of mythic+ is to do the run as fast as possible but I always considered using pots to be somehow...cheating? Like your cheating the meters and it wasn't honest. Of course the more dps you do the better as it helps the group but...I'm not sure exactly how to explain why I never used pots on trash (I do use them on bosses) even when pushing high keys. It's something to do with seeing how good I can perform without the use of outside help.
    Just do them without gear next what the fuck

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Just do them without gear next what the fuck
    I think that's a bit of an overreaction. Like I've said I only used pots on bosses and I range from top of dps to tying with middle. I don't think not using pots is hampering the run so badly.

I have ~600 prolonged power pots and could make 2000 more. So yes I pot on trash.

I'm not against using pots and I agree it's very easy to get a lot of prolonged power pots. I'm honestly just curious to know if it's common practice. It may sound strange because the whole idea of mythic+ is to do the run as fast as possible but I always considered using pots to be somehow...cheating? Like your cheating the meters and it wasn't honest. Of course the more dps you do the better as it helps the group but...I'm not sure exactly how to explain why I never used pots on trash (I do use them on bosses) even when pushing high keys. It's something to do with seeing how good I can perform without the use of outside help. If using a lot of pots I'd feel doubly bad being the lowest on dps because the others might not be using pots. Likewise if I was highest on dps it's like...well yeah, you're using lots of pots.
    It is more like a "fuck you" to your mates who try to give everything they got and you dont bother using consumables. Get some HP pots as well.

I don't even get the question. You do m+ to finish them in time - or even faster - when pushing. Obviously if that is your goal you use everything at your disposal, and when you're pushing keys as you say then you know that depending on the affixes and instance trash is the true boss in dungeons. "Sorry guys we missed the timer by half a minute, but look at the dps, I am first and didn't even pot!". That's exactly what other people want to hear.
    So I don't get what your problems is, do you also not use titanforged gear because it feels like cheating because others might not have it?

Not doing anything over +15 so no real need to pot.

Hell I don't even use real flasks
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2017-12-29 at 01:13 AM.

I use prolonged power potions before most trash pulls in high keys, they're fairly cheap I make them myself. They increase your hp too so might keep you alive