Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    As an iPhone user for the last 10+ years. I agree with the engineering judgement they used that slowing the device down is better than crashing it.
    The cheap battery replacement offer is a decent 'oops, we're sorry we didn't tell you' offer. Oh wait... they did tell us http://www.zdnet.com/article/iphone-...-1-says-apple/

I'd love to see real benchmarks on how much slower the devices supposedly run. I generally replace after 2.5-3 years and I've noticed the battery life dropping, but never the speed.
    they dont have to force newer ios versions onto older models, and they didnt say oops we didnt tell you, its oops we got caught.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    ? Seriously what the fuck is with apple hate? Apple people aren't sitting around hating on androids yet android people just love love love to hate on apple it is like all you people have a apple hate rage boner for no discernible reason.

I don't have an iPhone because it is trendy, if anything Samsungs with their fancy curved screens are the actual trendy phones not apple. Apple hasn't been trendy for years now that has gone to Samsung so stop being silly.

I have an apple phone because no matter what android phone I had it also had some random issue.. pictures disappearing (not really but changing their format to something else and not showing as photos so... still wtf?) random issues. Upgrade issues forcing me to have to buy a new phone because of terrible wifi performance due to updates that lg decided to never fix. Delays of upgrades between delays coming from not just the manufacture of the phone but also the individual carrier. Also just the overall ugly fucking apps as due to there being so so so many android phone developers just can't keep up to making beautiful apps for all. Meanwhile making a nice looking iOS app is built into everything you do if you were to go about making an iOS app.

- - - Updated - - -

What fucking battery of this type doesn't erode over time? They made it so the phone doesn't suffer random problems and everything is done to make the phone last as long as possible.

Which... think about this iPhones have the longest supported lifespan of any phone.
    so you like apple cus its simple and you dont have to put any thought into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    As an iPhone user for the last 10+ years. I agree with the engineering judgement they used that slowing the device down is better than crashing it.
    The cheap battery replacement offer is a decent 'oops, we're sorry we didn't tell you' offer. Oh wait... they did tell us http://www.zdnet.com/article/iphone-...-1-says-apple/

I'd love to see real benchmarks on how much slower the devices supposedly run. I generally replace after 2.5-3 years and I've noticed the battery life dropping, but never the speed.
    https://twitter.com/sam_siruomu/stat...-life-capacity

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shit ain't free? Fuck Apple!

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    ? Seriously what the fuck is with apple hate? Apple people aren't sitting around hating on androids yet android people just love love love to hate on apple it is like all you people have a apple hate rage boner for no discernible reason.

I don't have an iPhone because it is trendy, if anything Samsungs with their fancy curved screens are the actual trendy phones not apple. Apple hasn't been trendy for years now that has gone to Samsung so stop being silly.

I have an apple phone because no matter what android phone I had it also had some random issue.. pictures disappearing (not really but changing their format to something else and not showing as photos so... still wtf?) random issues. Upgrade issues forcing me to have to buy a new phone because of terrible wifi performance due to updates that lg decided to never fix. Delays of upgrades between delays coming from not just the manufacture of the phone but also the individual carrier. Also just the overall ugly fucking apps as due to there being so so so many android phone developers just can't keep up to making beautiful apps for all. Meanwhile making a nice looking iOS app is built into everything you do if you were to go about making an iOS app.
    People hate on Apple because they perceive the product's value to be low relative to its price. There are other things, but that is the main thing. People think Apple consumers prefer form over actual function. Since a lot of people do it, there's also a large bandwagon effect.

Apple is certainly trendier than Samsung.

Every phone use to have removable batteries but idiot consumers gave in to these greedy companies trying to force upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Other companies do much worse. If we had a free market capitalistic economy where there was real competition, then your comment would have some merit. Instead, it is Apple's way of ripping people off vs Microsoft's way, or Sprint's way, or Comcast's way.
    In terms of phone? Like what?

Because one could according to Apple's letter, Android manufacters allow users to do too much with their phones.

The bottom line is that instead of telling customers what they were doing and why, Apple just goes and does it. All they had to mad the feature transparent and electable. Give the use the choice to throttle (or not) their CPU should they choose to do so. They should've also told customers that a new battery is all they needed to remedy issues with major iOS updates. Either they think their customers are too dumb to make informed decisions or they were banking on people remaining in the dark and opting to buy a new phone but their old phone suddenly went to shit.

When a new feature comes out on Android, somewhere in your settings there a thing says, "this shit might kill your battery/slow down your phone, here is battery saving setting, you do you".

Do you know how many customers would've opted for a battery replacement instead of a new phone? I would say ~20%.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2017-12-29 at 04:45 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Fuck Apple, and fuck anyone who buys an iphone. You morons deserve to get ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    they dont have to force newer ios versions onto older models, and they didnt say oops we didnt tell you, its oops we got caught.

- - - Updated - - -

so you like apple cus its simple and you dont have to put any thought into it.
    What part of my post even eluding to "thought" issues with android, issues with carriers, issues with manufacturers all having different timings for the same os has nothing to do with "simple and I don't want to put thought into it"

seriously apple iPhone users just use their phones and don't say much and android users seem busy attacking iPhones because.... "reasons"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Fuck Apple, and fuck anyone who buys an iphone. You morons deserve to get ripped off.

Dude what the fuck is with non-apple user hate? You guys are like some weird hatefilled cult over a damn phone!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    People hate on Apple because they perceive the product's value to be low relative to its price. There are other things, but that is the main thing. People think Apple consumers prefer form over actual function. Since a lot of people do it, there's also a large bandwagon effect.

I prefer apple because its function is just way smoother than all my android experiences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Shit ain't free? Fuck Apple!
    unsure why it should be free and all batteries die over time and everyone knows this.

- - - Updated - - -

Where do you get that from?

I kind of feel android users just have this weird apple complex.

Deleted
    You should apologize for making a pointless thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/28/...w-down-apology

They're sorry for slowing down your phones but will sell you a new battery for $20.
    ye good luck with that

they will pay bilions for 1 stupid comment admiting truth since US courts defe wont let it just pass by .

So...what, they thought no one would figure it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’m not assuming anything. That said, I don’t think any company is truly innocent.

- - - Updated - - -

You’re naive if you think only Apple would engage in such behaviors.
    You're a little naive to think that other companies would even risk doing it especially considering the backlash Apple has been receiving.

Not to mention, years of rumors that your company slows down old phones being confirmed is only an incentive for other corporations to -not- be that guy.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Google doesn't slow their phones down but they do lose some battery efficiency when major updates come out. When I updated to 8.1 I noticed a slight drop in how much battery is lost whilst idling on my Pixel.

Give the use the choice to throttle (or not) their CPU should they choose to do so.
    I have an Android phone and it has no method to customize the power-saving policy, same for Apple.

It's so cute, they think they can get away with that.
    In France, we have penal laws against that kind of thing, of course, i don't expect any real consequence from a french justice action against an american company, but you have some class actions engaged here, in California i think, and i doubt ACLU will stay still too.
    I'm sure it's gonna be very entertaining from now.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Apple is not sorry for what they did. They are sorry, however, that they got caught doing it.
    Ily mmoc

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/28/...w-down-apology

They're sorry for slowing down your phones but will sell you a new battery for $20.
    Freakn bunch of crybabies.

What about it is true.

They're responded to customers complaints, about older phone battery life, by tuning the CPU usage to match battery depletion over time thus saving their customers money for not requiring them to upgrade their phone or buy new batteries. That's many times better than my Galaxy S4 starting to freak out when starting chrome at 75% battery life and under.

Instead of reacting about some thinking first and stop whining at the appearance of false conspiracies?

PS: I personally hate Apple products, I find them gadgety and non-technological, but that doesn't mean they have bad intentions.

Fucking lol. I hope they get sued to high heaven.
    Read today something like $999 billion. I hope I can get in on that. I bet over the last few years I have bought 20 or so iPhones. Although, I did skip buying one this year. May have been a mistake after all if I could have gotten money.

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Freakn bunch of crybabies.

What about it is true.

They're responded to customers complaints, about older phone battery life, by tuning the CPU usage to match battery depletion over time thus saving their customers money for not requiring them to upgrade their phone or buy new batteries. That's many times better than my Galaxy S4 starting to freak out when starting chrome at 75% battery life and under.

Instead of reacting about some thinking first and stop whining at the appearance of false conspiracies?

PS: I personally hate Apple products, I find them gadgety and non-technological, but that doesn't mean they have bad intentions.
    The issue is even when your battery life isn’t bad they slow down your chip. My family and I have never had battery life problems as we get new phones every year or so. Yet, our chips were still intentionally slowed. They sabotaged their outdated product.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    So should they change the batteries for free, in your opinion? Most gadgets do not have removable batteries too, they are even soldered to the board often.
    They should fucking stop making it so difficult to change one to begin with

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Read today something like $999 billion.
    OMG, my sides!.... can't breathe!.... too funny.... gonna die.....

So... each impacted user... since January or so.... is gonna get <Dr. Evil> 1 MILLION DOLLARS </Dr. Evil>

For a slightly slower phone....
    Sure.......