7+ Year Old Account

Been PVEing the entire exp. Looking to go into PVP, looking for a small advice

I mained holy and disc this expansion and playing shadow from time to time, but only in PVE. I would like to go to PVP, mainly rbgs and some arenas (never liked arenas a lot). I also have a fresh lock at 110 with weak gear, but my priest gear is also PVE, so from a PVP standpoint, it's also weak. My question is, what should I play? What is the most fun, most 'balanced' class and spec of these for rbg's and arenas? I remember having fun in both arenas and bg's as afflock. Are locks still very difficult to play in arenas? I assume if so, SPs are also not much different. I guess holy is non-existant in PVP too.

tl;dr: Holy/Disc priest main, warlock alt, looking to go PVP, what should I play (of all available specs for both classes)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mefhisto1 View Post
    I mained holy and disc this expansion and playing shadow from time to time, but only in PVE. I would like to go to PVP, mainly rbgs and some arenas (never liked arenas a lot). I also have a fresh lock at 110 with weak gear, but my priest gear is also PVE, so from a PVP standpoint, it's also weak. My question is, what should I play? What is the most fun, most 'balanced' class and spec of these for rbg's and arenas? I remember having fun in both arenas and bg's as afflock. Are locks still very difficult to play in arenas? I assume if so, SPs are also not much different. I guess holy is non-existant in PVP too.

tl;dr: Holy/Disc priest main, warlock alt, looking to go PVP, what should I play (of all available specs for both classes)?
    Priests are in a rare position that all three specs are viable for RBGs.

Shadow is one of the best ranged dps, Holy can pump out some serious HPS and offers unique cds and Disc is Disc, it's an alright tier healer. Shadow is probably the most sought after one of the three, however. For RBGs at least.

Arena is a different matter. Shadow is still quite strong in certain comps. Holy is pretty much non-viable these days, and Disc is again Disc, a middle tier healer. Disc can shine in certain setups, but the melee onslaught reduces the class's viability in arena somewhat.

PvE gear is perfectly fine for PvP because of templates. PvP Templates are used when entering instanced PvP and basically give you stats Blizz wants plus a % higher based on your iLevel of gear.

I can't say much for the healing spec but for Shadow, be prepared to get focused. Melee will shut you down. If you aren't focus you can pretty much drop anything with the damage we are capable of in PvP.
    I click my spellbook.
    ---BfA Alpha Club---

7+ Year Old Account
    ok, after playing a few bg's as shadow, I decided I'll play warlock for pvp, and leave pve for priest.