Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Except the FCC specifically prevented states from setting any ISP regulations themselves. The FCC has made it federal only.
    Right, but constitutionally, they can't actually do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

I wish I had a choice. Comcast is the only provider that provides broadband connection speeds where I live. Otherwise I get to go with AT&T DSL, which is way too slow.

I wish I had a choice, too. It's either Comcast or Frontier where I'm at, and Frontier is WAY worse. My bill with them has been creeping up by 5-10 dollars every year I've been with them, but the lack of competition in the area makes it hard to switch ISPs.

Fortunately we're moving this month. Comcast isn't in Maryland, and I wouldn't touch them with a 1000 ft pole even if they were. My internet is actually awesome, but I paid for a similar connection in FL with Cox for like... 35-40 a month. Whereas I'm paying 99 now, and I don't even have cable.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Isn't that "service fee" what got Comcast into this mess in the first place?

I suspect that if Washington wins vs Comcast, it won't just be 100m. It'll be punitive fines and possibly new laws spawned from it as well.
    They'll just raise everyone's bill to cover it, and end up making a killing in the process.