Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

More races as dlc?

So I keep seeing people ask for "i would like race X to be playable". Whether the actual race makes sense or not. I'm sure blizz can see it too. Then I had a feeling that blizz has a pretty good chance to start selling random playable race unlocks from the store. I felt a little cold shudder as I thought about it. It makes too much sense. Do you think blizz would do such a thing?

Would you pay for such races?

Personally only, if the said race is a cool race.

Edit: Since people can't read. They spit at me in anger that I'm asking for dlc races and i'm shit because of it.
    To make it clear, I'm not asking for these. I'm merely asking what you people would think about it.

Lots of people are asking for their favorite race. Even if blizz wont add them in game, they surely talk about it internally.
    Last edited by Morae; 2018-01-04 at 02:13 PM.

half of the alliance players would sell their kidney if they could play as high elves. blizzard will definitely implement something like that in the future

10+ Year Old Account
    we dont really need to pay extra except expansions in a sub-based game
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    fucking hell no.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    half of the alliance players would sell their kidney if they could play as high elves. blizzard will definitely implement something like that in the future
    Why play the stupid boring High Elves when you can play a Void Elf?

Never say such things aloud. They might listen and like it.

DLC? It's Blizzard not EA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would consider buying a race that was not a part of an expansion release. Ogres/high elves/grim totem/mechagnomes/whatever.

I don't think the business model of new content only coming in expansions is a particularly necessary part of Blizzard's overall strategy. Adding continents, reworking classes or instances, etc can be a part of expansions, but other improvements and additions can have a different price point/business model and not really take anything away from the game. Further, allowing [players to cherry pick which content they personally want to pay for could help quell some of the noisier corners of the internet that love to complain about any/all changes made to the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    With the implementation of void elves we will never see high elves playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    Because.. RP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    So I keep seeing people ask for "i would like race X to be playable". Whether the actual race makes sense or not. I'm sure blizz can see it too. Then I had a feeling that blizz has a pretty good chance to start selling random playable race unlocks from the store. I felt a little cold shudder as I thought about it. It makes too much sense. Do you think blizz would do such a thing?

Would you pay for such races?

Personally only, if the said race is a cool race.
    Doubtful that would happen but I could imagine it so. Then again, wouldn't purchase any minor DLC's for a game shipped in expansions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Not as a shop feature, no. I think they will continue to add them but in patches as time goes by and for races they feel suit the story.

Could you imagine the uproar if they make Dark Iron dwarves available through a cool story based quest/cutscene and then said 'Hey guys you can buy Wildhammer if you want for 30(money)' ?

I would never buy a race for sure, even if I wanted it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    High Elves had more promise, and void elves is just... there.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Paid? Fuck no.

We already pay for the expansions. Pay for access.

That the new races are gated is irksome as it is. But hidden behind yet another paywall? Fuck that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    WoW would be a great game if it weren't an MMO.

Thats literally EA's business practice, but I wouldn't be surprised if people give Blizzard a free pass.

That would be the beginning of the end of the world... of warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    we dont really need to pay extra except expansions in a sub-based game
    I disagree, because guess what, features like this would be *GASP* OPTIONAL!!!

I know thats a novel concept for some, but its the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranganathan View Post
    Paid? Fuck no.

We already pay for the expansions. Pay for access.

That the new races are gated is irksome as it is. But hidden behind yet another paywall? Fuck that.
    I'd be willing to pay extra to unlock a DLC only race. If it was like $15 or $20 to unlock a sweet race and I could make as many characters that race from the time I paid for the race into infinity, then yeah. I think its a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I disagree, because guess what, features like this would be *GASP* OPTIONAL!!!

I know thats a novel concept for some, but its the truth.
    Nope, gamers have already had enough of greedy DLC shit. Many would go: "not you too?!" and unsub. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Joke wasn't funny in 2007 and it's not funny in 2017
    You don't have to remind us that you are not funny, Mr. Joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Thats literally EA's business practice, but I wouldn't be surprised if people give Blizzard a free pass.
    Its actually a great idea.

Imagine if they made Etherals, Naga, Furbolgs, High Elves, etc as paid DLC unlockable races. You pick the ones you want, and dont pay for the ones you don't want. OR, you don't pay for any at all because they would be *GASP* Optional!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    Nope, gamers have already had enough of greedy DLC shit. Many would go: "not you too?!" and unsub. :P

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have to remind us that you are not funny, Mr. Joke.
    DLC is the way of the future to monetize games. Additional content created AFTER the main content is created doesn't have to be included for free for ANY product.

Hell, even for a sub fee based product, if the developers create additional content over and above what they already plan to release as part of their normal content patches, DLC is a great way to provide *GASP* Optional things for players to purchase, provided that they aren't straight power increases.