Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    But unless someone comes out and says "I didnt play in Vanilla but I want X" then you don't know if they did or not.

Also, I lump people that only played on a PS and not in Vanilla 11-13 years ago in the same group as someone that never played it. Not everyone will view it the same way and I get it, but PS Vanilla is not the same as what people went through long ago.

- - - Updated - - -

This is not true either. It is not a museum piece.

- - - Updated - - -

People that have been pushing for this for years and years ALSO have different opinions on what should or shouldn't be in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

You aren't Blizz so you don't make that call.
    i played vanilla. i started in dec the year it was released.not that it matters.

they have said that it was going to be "as close to vanilla as we can get it". meaning it is more of a museum piece than it is not.

they may have some differences on what patch or if they want to fix bugs or some stuff but not something like "balancing" the classes or random qol shit that people keep trying to drill into the game and ruin what could be something awesome.

i may not be blizzard, but i believe in my own opinion that if you want to add something that wasnt in vanilla it is not for you.
    that is my opinion though and i dont have the rule of law to enforce it. i only have my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    i played vanilla. i started in dec the year it was released.not that it matters.

they have said that it was going to be "as close to vanilla as we can get it". meaning it is more of a museum piece than it is not.
    Sure, but they are still taking feedback from players on many aspects. It isn't worth getting up in arms about it until they start to talk about what their plans are instead of "It is happening".

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Sure, but they are still taking feedback from players on many aspects. It isn't worth getting up in arms about it until they start to talk about what their plans are instead of "It is happening".
    ya but look at it from the eyes of someone who wants to play that old game the way it was and not being able to due to them changing the game for so long. then getting it dangled in your face after years of beseeching them ,only to have it snatched away by people that have to have it but with added qol bullshit.

you too would be a bit miffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    You are absolutely delusional if you don't think the majority of WoW players who've quit, haven't moved on. The people who started in Vanilla, have grown up, they have kids and careers. WoW simply requires time investment than most are willing to commit. You thinking otherwise just goes to show your lack of growth as a person.
    Still making assumptions but whatever makes you feel better. I'm 38 have kids and I have more time than ever since Gym/Social time is pretty nonexistent for me (and my friends). You assume everyone is swamped by real life things more now than they were 14+ years ago, and that hardly anything I would call fact. Some people... sure, but I wouldn't say most.

And I never said everyone that played will be returning or would be playing on private servers if XXX were not a factor. That's ridiculous. I'm simply saying you make grand assumptions based off of nothing but more assumptions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone is so deadset on changing things. What's wrong with leaving it alone and as close to consistent with the original as humanly possible?
    Try Oldschool Runescape. They tried to keep it the same as it was back in 2007. How'd that turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    Still making assumptions but whatever makes you feel better. I'm 38 have kids and I have more time than ever since Gym/Social time is pretty nonexistent for me (and my friends). You assume everyone is swamped by real life things more now than they were 14+ years ago, and that hardly anything I would call fact. Some people... sure, but I wouldn't say most.

And I never said everyone that played will be returning or would be playing on private servers if XXX were not a factor. That's ridiculous. I'm simply saying you make grand assumptions based off of nothing but more assumptions.
    Oh yeah, you're delusional. Your personal anecdotal experience isn't representative of the majority of those who've played WoW. It's a excepted that the majority of people who've stopped playing WoW, did so not because the game went in a direction that they disagreed with, but because they had different priorities in life. And of course YOU never said everyone would return, but then again, I was responding to Laqweeta, not you, but you felt the need to jump in with your naivety.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Oh yeah, you're delusional. Your personal anecdotal experience isn't representative of the majority of those who've played WoW. It's a excepted that the majority of people who've stopped playing WoW, did so not because the game went in a direction that they disagreed with, but because they had different priorities in life. And of course YOU never said everyone would return, but then again, I was responding to Laqweeta, not you, but you felt the need to jump in with your naivety.
    LOL. Did you take some sort of poll or something? Where do you get these "facts"?

I haven't gone through the entire thread, but has anybody else bought WoW time for gold PRIOR to WoW tokens?

I know I have

10+ Year Old Account
    So you assume that most of the people that quit WoW have no intention or desire to play Classic WoW because they moved on...
    That's kinda definition of moving on. If you moved on on your ex girlfriend you don't go "oh hey you are back lets date again!", because you moved on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

the people that have pushed for this for years and years want the game as it was and not some vanilla / retail mishmash.
    That's a bit presumptuous don't you think? I've pushed for this for years (signed the petition and everything) and I'd like to see some changes that make the game less rough around the edges as long as the gameplay, the character/content progression and social aspects remain the same.

For example the auto loot toggle as an interface option so I won't have to hold down shift 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    That's kinda definition of moving on. If you moved on on your ex girlfriend you don't go "oh hey you are back lets date again!", because you moved on.
    Yeah people never do that.

Also, that's a horrible analogy. A better one would be: Your girlfriend, you love, of 2 years decides she wants to smoke crack. You break it off because she has changed and won't get help. 10+ years later you bump into her and she has straightened her life out. You decide to give her another chance (even though your constant crying on the WoW forums is probably what caused her to smoke crack in the first place.)

You can't just pick and choose certain things when making an analogy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can see the Authenticator being implemented, as it has zero impact on the game.

But as for the rest you failed really hard to give the slightest hint of inevitability.

I can imagine some tweaks being made to numbers - not mechanics - in hopes of making every spec more competitive.
    It is specially easy to do in Classic because we had Spell Ranks.
    Example: If Retribution sucks from level 50 to 60, adjust the spell ranks at those levels (mana cost, damage, etc). Simple.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2018-01-15 at 03:06 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Regarding the current debate:
    How many of that 1 mil players over all private servers are playing because it's free? Are servers with 2x, 3x, ect. leveling and other differences included in this number? It's not unlikely to say those players wouldn't bother with Classic then. And assuming Blizz doesn't do the smart thing, how many do you reckon will stick around on those because they're already established and aren't as willing to start over yet again, even if it's on an official server? Expecting all of that player base to jump over to Classic doesn't seem logical.

And about the 7 million active accounts at the end of Vanilla:
    - How many do you suppose were made as alt accounts? to evade bans? for gold farming/selling/advertising?
    - How many are now in situations that prevent them from being able to play? (i.e. can't afford it, incarceration, in the military, or are dead)
    - How many have moved on to other games and are thus not willing to go back to Classic? (i.e. FF14, League of Legends, PUBG, Overwatch)
    - How many now put certain aspects of their life (i.e. career or family) above playing video games and decide they just don't have the time for Classic WoW?
    - How many are just no longer interested in playing video games in general?
    - How many are unwilling to try out Classic unless their friends go back and either know or believe they won't?
    - How many are unwilling to play Classic because they want to play Current WoW?
    - How many are unaware that Classic servers are coming back?

No, it seems pretty reasonable to expect a majority of players from Classic will not return, for one reason or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Regarding the current debate:
    How many of that 1 mil players over all private servers are playing because it's free? Are servers with 2x, 3x, ect. leveling and other differences included in this number? It's not unlikely to say those players wouldn't bother with Classic then. And assuming Blizz doesn't do the smart thing, how many do you reckon will stick around on those because they're already established and aren't as willing to start over yet again, even if it's on an official server? Expecting all of that player base to jump over to Classic doesn't seem logical.

And about the 7 million active accounts at the end of Vanilla:
    - How many do you suppose were made as alt accounts? to evade bans? for gold farming/selling/advertising?
    - How many are now in situations that prevent them from being able to play? (i.e. can't afford it, incarceration, in the military, or are dead)
    - How many have moved on to other games and are thus not willing to go back to Classic? (i.e. FF14, League of Legends, PUBG, Overwatch)
    - How many now put certain aspects of their life (i.e. career or family) above playing video games and decide they just don't have the time for Classic WoW?
    - How many are just no longer interested in playing video games in general?
    - How many are unwilling to try out Classic unless their friends go back and either know or believe they won't?
    - How many are unwilling to play Classic because they want to play Current WoW?
    - How many are unaware that Classic servers are coming back?

No, it seems pretty reasonable to expect a majority of players from Classic will not return, for one reason or another.
    all these questions are valid. i do have to say though, blizzard wouldnt be doing this if there was no audience.

all these questions are valid. i do have to say though, blizzard wouldnt be doing this if there was no audience.
    I am aware, and by the sound of it they aren't expecting it to have a huge audience. However these are in regards to people who expect stuff like "all 1 million people on private servers to play on Classic" or "Most of the people who played back in Vanilla WILL come back for Classic." because neither is realistic.

I am aware, and by the sound of it they aren't expecting it to have a huge audience. However these are in regards to people who expect stuff like "all 1 million people on private servers to play on Classic" or "Most of the people who played back in Vanilla WILL come back for Classic." because neither is realistic.
    ya but i am guessing at least 15-20% will . along with the % of people that will play from retail.

LOL. Did you take some sort of poll or something? Where do you get these "facts"?
    Prove me otherwise, or stfu and gtfo?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

There's really no point speculating on sub numbers. Now or ever.

WoW had 12 million subs at its peak but 100 million subscribers total. So who knows how many real people went in and out of Vanilla (or any expansion). The number Vanilla had at the end of the expansion is just one point in time.

And yes, we have no idea what proportion of those people would be interested in Classic either.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    1) Authenticators - If I'm not mistaken these were around in vanilla. I know I've had MINE for at least 10 years now. I got one after my third time getting hacked and losing EVERYTHING even though it was replaced by a GM.
    Could swear they brought in the authenticator token in Wrath. Might've been something before then that I don't know about I guess.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2018-01-16 at 05:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

it might not be all. it will be some. how big that some will be something only time will tell.

Prove me otherwise, or stfu and gtfo?
    You want me to prove that you didn't take a poll?

Sounds reasonable.