Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think WoW tokesn could break vanilla wow. Generally, most people will spend most of the day farming gold in some way. If one could buy gold, it would give such a huge advantage in vanilla compared to now. They would be foolish to include the WoW token.

Speaking of which, gold sellers will be back, along with their bodyguards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doki1889 View Post
    'Blizzard has stated they want to make sure to make no QoL or class balance changes.' Aaaaam, this explains it all brother. Like 90% people that want to play Vanilla are in alignment with this statement including me. WHY THE FUCK CANT YOU PEOPLE LAY OFF ALREADY!
    90% lol.....

Number pulled off your ass. You see so many people asking for change that you get mad and CAPSLOCK your sentence, but still you say that 90% agree with you. WTF is wrong with people like you?

You see all those threads with all those people, you argue with them, but when you want a %, you remove them..... what kind of BS is this? Just by looking at this single forum you should realize purists are far to be the majority, so stop lying to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    90% lol.....

Number pulled off your ass. You see so many people asking for change that you get mad and CAPSLOCK your sentence, but still you say that 90% agree with you. WTF is wrong with people like you?

You see all those threads with all those people, you argue with them, but when you want a %, you remove them..... what kind of BS is this? Just by looking at this single forum you should realize purists are far to be the majority, so stop lying to yourself.
    The fact is if you are asking for changes you are already in the wrong place. You dont want Vanila, you want some bullhit hybrid of today's wow and what classic used to be. Classic servers are supposed to be classic servers. Same game as it used to be. If you dont want that and you dont want to play curent wow then you are beter off searching for a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I can see textures/models as a toggle.

However if the change anything else, they’ll fail to attract the 8m people that quit and they’ll continue to play on private servers.
    lol, the 8mil that quit aren't playing on private servers. You'd be lucky to have even 1mil on private servers.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    lol, the 8mil that quit aren't playing on private servers. You'd be lucky to have even 1mil on private servers.
    As a combined total.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Umm they never said that. Find me a blue post or video that says they will be making no class balance changes let alone the QoL changes.
    No they never did. People interpret what they did say way too freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    No they never did. People interpret what they did say way too freely.
    I'm totally shocked about this. I was expecting this person to come back with tons of information proving me wrong. Now I'm sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone is so deadset on changing things. What's wrong with leaving it alone and as close to consistent with the original as humanly possible?
    I very recently showed to my brother (who played most during Vanilla) that Classic is actually gonna be a thing.

The first thing he said is "Really? They're gonna leave it as it was? It was fucking horrible have fun with one tank class and grinding an hour for a potion"

man these people who want to add things into vanilla that werent in vanilla make me sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    What exactly would be the point of the classic server anyway?

Minus points:
    3) "Progression" will be the biggest joke ever, bossfights will drop like flies within weeks of the server opening due to people rushing to 60 on day 1 and subsequently farming max lvl instances possibly even with ubrs key in the first few days
    Rushing to 60 on day 1 when the fastest time to hit 60 was ~4 days played and most people took over 200 hours to hit it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Graphics are fine to have updated. Just keep the slider option that allows you to view old models. Not that I'll play much anyway, but graphical updates don't really break the game, nor the reason I'd assume most people would want to play the game. You play a 'classic' version, (at least in my eyes) to simulate the game play that was present back then. Personally would rather look at a polished up game (graphics, animations) and maintain the systems/game play, rather than keep everything 100% authentic to the original experience.

I highly doubt that raid performance is going to suffer because of new animations or new spell graphics if they decide to go that route. Most rotations back then (spell wise) consisted of you pressing one ability. Even with 40 people, nothing is going to be a strain on modern day PCs having 8 mages press fireball and 3-4 warlocks pressing shadow bolt.

I doubt tokens would be allowed on classic servers. I'd assume that tokens you buy from modern servers would work on classic servers anyway (assuming that base subscription would pay for both, which could be the case).

Authenticators are fine, they don't really impact the core experience.

What else is there really? To me Classic is just about the game play and systems in place, and nothing else. Graphical changes and security checks really don't change that. The only real question that needs to be tackled is how do you approach content. Do you gate it, slowly releasing (probably on an accelerated schedule as opposed to how patches were released in 1.0 to the patch that Naxx was released) the content, or do you just throw the patch before 2.0 and let people tackle as much as they can right from the get go? Perks to both. Content will be easy regardless though, especially considering how much addon development and knowledge of the game has progressed since Classic, so to me I guess it doesn't matter.

I should mention there are things that probably should be 'fixed' even if they were present in the game back then. The way instance locks and the toggle for changing raid difficulties, along with preventing cascading instances are probably acceptable changes. Obviously systems like personal loot absolutely shouldn't be in the game, but the ability to trade loot (in case you looted to the wrong person) or other issues from the pretty primitive way loot was handled back then (in regards to mistake) should probably make it into Vanilla. I realize some of those things aren't authentic, but they don't really change core aspects of the game. If anything I doubt Blizzard wants to be bombarded with support questions about loot, instance locks and shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    man these people who want to add things into vanilla that werent in vanilla make me sad.
    You do realize that some of the people asking for things DID play Vanilla and not Vanilla-Like PS (which btw ALSO had changes in them).

If you assume that is any indication of how successful or how many people will play classic, you are mistaken.

I would play vanilla servers now if they weren't laggy pieces of crap or some vanilla hybrid crap show or in danger of being shut down by Blizzard at any moment.

Why invest any time into something like that?

I have a feeling there are many other people out there with that exact same mindset.

Not to mention the group of people that don't even know about private servers or are super paranoid of downloading a virus onto their computer to play it.

Fact of the matter is there are many many reasons "only" a million people play private servers.

Has nothing to do with vanilla not being good. It may not be for everyone, but you can't make everyone happy.
    Last edited by Carnedge; 2018-01-13 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    If you assume that is any indication of how successful or how many people will play classic, you are mistaken.

I would play vanilla servers now if they weren't laggy pieces of crap or some vanilla hybrid crap show or in danger of being shut down by Blizzard at any moment.

Why invest any time into something like that?

I have a feeling there are many other people out there with that exact same mindset.

Not to mention the group of people that don't even know about private servers or are super paranoid of downloading a virus onto their computer to play it.

Fact of the matter is there are many many reasons "only" a million people play private servers.

Has nothing to do with vanilla not being good. It may not be for everyone, but you can't make everyone happy.
    Uh... I'm not talking about how successful Classic will or won't be because of the amount of the private server population. The poster I quoted is acting as if everyone who has quit wow, is playing on private servers, when that's clearly not the case. Most folks who quit playing WoW, have moved on in their life. Nothing more to it. So what in the fuck are you talking about?
    Priest Warrior

Uh... I'm not talking about how successful Classic will or won't be because of the amount of the private server population. The poster I quoted is acting as if everyone who has quit wow, is playing on private servers, when that's clearly not the case. Most folks who quit playing WoW, have moved on in their life. Nothing more to it. So what in the fuck are you talking about?
    So you assume that most of the people that quit WoW have no intention or desire to play Classic WoW because they moved on... all based off of how many people play private servers.

That's "what the fuck" I am talking about.

There are many more reasons that players quit WoW or don't play private servers, than simply "moving on". You're trying to blanket everyone in order to sound like there is no other answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    I very recently showed to my brother (who played most during Vanilla) that Classic is actually gonna be a thing.

The first thing he said is "Really? They're gonna leave it as it was? It was fucking horrible have fun with one tank class and grinding an hour for a potion"
    You're talking to an old and current EQ player lol. Grinding in the context of wow is trivially easy

So you assume that most of the people that quit WoW have no intention or desire to play Classic WoW because they moved on... all based off of how many people play private servers.

There are many more reasons that players quit WoW or don't play private servers, than simply "moving on". You're trying to blanket everyone in order to sound like there is no other answers.
    It is freaking 14 years buddy. As much as I would love to believe, that population on Classic servers will explode to millions, it is not going to happen. While classic servers could still be hugely popular for average MMO, in terms of WoW numbers, I think it will be just niche thing for a "few" (few is still huge number here).

You are absolutely delusional if you don't think the majority of WoW players who've quit, haven't moved on. The people who started in Vanilla, have grown up, they have kids and careers. WoW simply requires time investment than most are willing to commit. You thinking otherwise just goes to show your lack of growth as a person.
    Priest Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You do realize that some of the people asking for things DID play Vanilla and not Vanilla-Like PS (which btw ALSO had changes in them).
    i know there are probably some who played vanilla that want changes.
    im just saying it makes me sad to see people wanting things that werent in vanilla to be added.
    this is meant to be a museum piece. not some retail crap.
    the people that have pushed for this for years and years want the game as it was and not some vanilla / retail mishmash.
    i want to play the game as it was cause i prefer it to todays product. i like that everything took time. i like that there were things that werent convenient. i want classes to be the same as they were. and i know the ones who pushed for this want the same thing.
    if you want to add things that werent in vanilla this is not for you.

i know there are probably some who played vanilla that want changes.
    im just saying it makes me sad to see people wanting things that werent in vanilla to be added.
    But unless someone comes out and says "I didnt play in Vanilla but I want X" then you don't know if they did or not.

Also, I lump people that only played on a PS and not in Vanilla 11-13 years ago in the same group as someone that never played it. Not everyone will view it the same way and I get it, but PS Vanilla is not the same as what people went through long ago.

- - - Updated - - -

this is meant to be a museum piece. not some retail crap.
    This is not true either. It is not a museum piece.

- - - Updated - - -

the people that have pushed for this for years and years want the game as it was and not some vanilla / retail mishmash.
    People that have been pushing for this for years and years ALSO have different opinions on what should or shouldn't be in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

if you want to add things that werent in vanilla this is not for you.
    You aren't Blizz so you don't make that call.