Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Regarding the current debate:
    How many of that 1 mil players over all private servers are playing because it's free? Are servers with 2x, 3x, ect. leveling and other differences included in this number? It's not unlikely to say those players wouldn't bother with Classic then. And assuming Blizz doesn't do the smart thing, how many do you reckon will stick around on those because they're already established and aren't as willing to start over yet again, even if it's on an official server? Expecting all of that player base to jump over to Classic doesn't seem logical.

And about the 7 million active accounts at the end of Vanilla:
    - How many do you suppose were made as alt accounts? to evade bans? for gold farming/selling/advertising?
    - How many are now in situations that prevent them from being able to play? (i.e. can't afford it, incarceration, in the military, or are dead)
    - How many have moved on to other games and are thus not willing to go back to Classic? (i.e. FF14, League of Legends, PUBG, Overwatch)
    - How many now put certain aspects of their life (i.e. career or family) above playing video games and decide they just don't have the time for Classic WoW?
    - How many are just no longer interested in playing video games in general?
    - How many are unwilling to try out Classic unless their friends go back and either know or believe they won't?
    - How many are unwilling to play Classic because they want to play Current WoW?
    - How many are unaware that Classic servers are coming back?

No, it seems pretty reasonable to expect a majority of players from Classic will not return, for one reason or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Regarding the current debate:
    How many of that 1 mil players over all private servers are playing because it's free? Are servers with 2x, 3x, ect. leveling and other differences included in this number? It's not unlikely to say those players wouldn't bother with Classic then. And assuming Blizz doesn't do the smart thing, how many do you reckon will stick around on those because they're already established and aren't as willing to start over yet again, even if it's on an official server? Expecting all of that player base to jump over to Classic doesn't seem logical.

And about the 7 million active accounts at the end of Vanilla:
    - How many do you suppose were made as alt accounts? to evade bans? for gold farming/selling/advertising?
    - How many are now in situations that prevent them from being able to play? (i.e. can't afford it, incarceration, in the military, or are dead)
    - How many have moved on to other games and are thus not willing to go back to Classic? (i.e. FF14, League of Legends, PUBG, Overwatch)
    - How many now put certain aspects of their life (i.e. career or family) above playing video games and decide they just don't have the time for Classic WoW?
    - How many are just no longer interested in playing video games in general?
    - How many are unwilling to try out Classic unless their friends go back and either know or believe they won't?
    - How many are unwilling to play Classic because they want to play Current WoW?
    - How many are unaware that Classic servers are coming back?

No, it seems pretty reasonable to expect a majority of players from Classic will not return, for one reason or another.
    all these questions are valid. i do have to say though, blizzard wouldnt be doing this if there was no audience.
    Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor::CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler::MSI - Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard::G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory::Crucial - MX500 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive::Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case::SeaSonic - 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply::MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GAMING X 4G Video Card

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    all these questions are valid. i do have to say though, blizzard wouldnt be doing this if there was no audience.
    I am aware, and by the sound of it they aren't expecting it to have a huge audience. However these are in regards to people who expect stuff like "all 1 million people on private servers to play on Classic" or "Most of the people who played back in Vanilla WILL come back for Classic." because neither is realistic.

I am aware, and by the sound of it they aren't expecting it to have a huge audience. However these are in regards to people who expect stuff like "all 1 million people on private servers to play on Classic" or "Most of the people who played back in Vanilla WILL come back for Classic." because neither is realistic.
    ya but i am guessing at least 15-20% will . along with the % of people that will play from retail.
    Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor::CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler::MSI - Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard::G.Skill - Trident Z 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory::Crucial - MX500 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive::Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case::SeaSonic - 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply::MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GAMING X 4G Video Card

Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    LOL. Did you take some sort of poll or something? Where do you get these "facts"?
    Prove me otherwise, or stfu and gtfo?
    Priest Warrior Paladin
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

There's really no point speculating on sub numbers. Now or ever.

WoW had 12 million subs at its peak but 100 million subscribers total. So who knows how many real people went in and out of Vanilla (or any expansion). The number Vanilla had at the end of the expansion is just one point in time.

And yes, we have no idea what proportion of those people would be interested in Classic either.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    1) Authenticators - If I'm not mistaken these were around in vanilla. I know I've had MINE for at least 10 years now. I got one after my third time getting hacked and losing EVERYTHING even though it was replaced by a GM.
    Could swear they brought in the authenticator token in Wrath. Might've been something before then that I don't know about I guess.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2018-01-16 at 05:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

it might not be all. it will be some. how big that some will be something only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Prove me otherwise, or stfu and gtfo?
    You want me to prove that you didn't take a poll?

Sounds reasonable.

People are taking things out of proportion.

Mentioning private servers is silly, the majority is played by people that dont even wanna play 13e.

I build PCs for people, i talk with a big amount of different people over the years for games, each has their own reasons for not playing or for playing private servers.

Person 1: He keeps trying to get back his OP Lifebloom TBC days for Arena cause it carried him to high rating despite his lack of skill, while refusing to pay 13e to Blizzard on live because when he does he realizes he isnt good at the game and never was, he is a special one.

Person 2: Best friend of Person 1, casually re-subs every few months for casual PvP/Lore, played private servers with Person 1 when he couldnt work, now that he makes money he couldnt care less about private servers, again he didnt wanna pay 13e.

Person 3:A guy i know/familiar that wasted 4 years on WOTLK private servers refarming the same shit with mostly the same people, server hopping literally.. (Still baffles me ), i spoke with him a lot about why and what people he plays with because he is literally the private server type, has almost never played retail WoW but a couple of months in Cata.

Person 4: Long time friend i grew up with, he played Vanilla so much that he got so burnt out that didnt touch any game for 3 years, ended up marrying a girl he left pregnant, tries private servers when he has time, his reasoning once more, does not wanna pay to play WoW when free versions exist, especially with 3 kids now he cant even considering the thought of "buying" a game.

Majority of private servers in EU seem to be Eastern EU countries because the expansion+ sub money is a lot for them, free servers are a better choice.

Counting the private server population is pointless when its mostly the poor countries (poor in the sense EU conversion) that represent it.

Blizzard is trying to capitalize to the money disappearing in the private server communities while creating a stable environment so the few players that pay, know the server wont be going anywhere which is a huge problem in the private server communities through scammers (latest elysium drama) and all sort of things.

The nostalgia players are many, by they are a minority, of the private server world, and anyone with a bit of a brain to research can see that most private servers dont really have that many players in them, or most are the same people hoping on a different server to play when the other one is crashing/farmed for the week, etc etc.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-01-17 at 12:06 AM.

I've never played on a private server. Neither have most of my friends. We're all interested in checking out Vanilla, even if we might not stay for years. I also know now that Blizzard is interested in bringing back Classic in some form. Classic doesn't need millions of players to stay sustained. To me, that's realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Mechagnome
    What happen when you separate the 1 million pserver players by region ?

And do you think we'll get classic servers for EU, FR, DE, RU etc?