Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    2) She's one of the few characters (dragons are also in this) where skimpy armor makes sense if they're going to do it. If I remember correctly, (I admit that I might be wrong on this, it's been a while) they mentioned how Sylvanas has skin that's harder than any leather or mail.
    She was shot and killed with a bullet in Cataclysm. The only reason she's around is she had a Val'kir with her from showing Garrosh how she can rez corpses now.

Its better than Alexstraza in Heroes of the Storm turning into a brick shithouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean sensible Sylvana's. Nobody should go into battle with that much skin exposed.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    What fantasy world do you know of that mixes blade and bullet where bullet doesn't pierce plate mail?

Edit: Forgot to mention she was shot point-blank in the back of the head.
    The point was that apparently having super-hard awesome Sylvanas metalskin doesn't mean much at the end of the day when someone can drop her with a simple gunshot. And yeah, I know "it was in the head!" but this is a game where people shrug off being smacked by dragons. And you'd be more likely to survive a gunshot wound to the head, than being smacked by a ****ing dragon.

So if her armor skin (which I've never even heard of her having prior to the comment in this topic) doesn't really protect her from much, it makes that much more sense that she's added additional armor.

And frankly its ridiculous that we're even having this conversation, because no one would be freaking out if Varian added a helmet or if Illlidan suddenly had extra armor on his arms. But nope... Sylvanas covers her 'sexy stomach' with leather armor and its the end of the world! Virgins are up in arms because their precious undead waifu is suddenly 22% less sexy! Oh noes!

Shit like this is why the term 'gamer' has so many stigmas attached to it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

This is the first time I looked closely at Sylvanas' new model and now I just want to be able to earn mog sets based on all the major faction NPCs. Thrall, Jaina, Sylvanas, Anduin, Varian, Alleria, Turalyon, Vol'jin, just gimme a storyline for each and let me unlock their clothes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    This is the first time I looked closely at Sylvanas' new model and now I just want to be able to earn mog sets based on all the major faction NPCs. Thrall, Jaina, Sylvanas, Anduin, Varian, Alleria, Turalyon, Vol'jin, just gimme a storyline for each and let me unlock their clothes.
    I'd kill for a set of warrior armor like Varian's. There actually is a set of armor for hunters that is vaguely similar to Sylvanas' though, hunter T19 (especially the mythic set, IIRC).
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    You mean sensible Sylvana's. Nobody should go into battle with that much skin exposed.
    Right...

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    TBQH, IDC about her showing or not showing her skin, my only gripe is the way her armour looks. Purple is kinda the colour of the Forsaken, well, it's undead Sylvanas' signature colour, it's used on emblems and shit, but her current armour is redish/pinkish/brownish.

They could've used a mix of her Master and Warchief skins from HotS.

Her Warchief skin in HotS is purple + brown:

Her Master skin is a bit over the top, so they could've removed facial mask and that thingy from her back, but then it actually would end up looking more like the Warchief skin w/ different leggings.

But nah, they used weird red, pink and brown colour palette for her armour in WoW, ugh...
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-12-31 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Right...

Well Vol'jin is dead and a troll, a race with a pretty long history at military defeats post-Mogu Empire.

I can kind of see your point with Aggramar, but he's also a Titan, a being pretty much unmatched by the mortal races and most cosmic entities.

Archimonde and Kil'Jaedan were arrogant and dead.

Grom is an orc, nuff said.

Illidan...well you got me there...but then again, idiot and jackass.

Deleted
    I wish she looked like her HotS Master Skin. Or like her pink Christmas fairy skin

10+ Year Old Account
    She's undead. All these people saying "going into battle unprotected", I don't think she'll miss much if her stomach got stabbed....kinda the thing with being a banshee
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing I dislike about the new model is the color choice for her chest piece. The brown doesn't seem to match the rest of her outfit, making the model change even more noticeable. Here's my quick, 2 minute edit which I believe would make her look better.

Do you guys think they might censor Alleria next?

She isn't that exposed, right?

You seriosly got nithing better to complain about? Armor looks fine, the bigger issue is that she doesn't look like undead at all. No signs of rotting no scars from previous damages her body went through - now that is ridiculous and serious flaw in design.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    I hate slutmogs in video games. Now I know WoW is kinda the wrong game to be playing then, but I really love everything else about it so I'm glad Blizz decided to turn Sylvanas in a somewhat serious character instead of being fap material for basement dwellers (she should still look wayyyyyy more dead though)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    It really should be changed to the same shade of lightish-red/purple as the rest of her armour. Otherwise, it seems fine to me, espeially since her old look was literally the same as Alexstrasza's, but with her ass covered.

Never noticed that before, she is literally a shorter Alexstraza with different head, colours and a pair of leggings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sigh..

I miss Vanilla era Sylvanas.

On topic though.. yeah the change is dumb. I agree with most people about the random cardboard color as well... what in the world?

I don't mind if they give her real armor but that newer model is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    I love her new armor, but wish it looked more like the Legion loading screen. Full plate, or at least consistent colors.
    I dunno what you are about, she has the same brown for the leather parts of her armor that needs to be flexible
    • arms visible above her gloves,
    • parts of her leggings, mostly covered by her cloak
    • her quiver
    • parts of her boots
    It seems everybody is just fixated on her midriff and that brown color is passable for tanned leather.