Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    As for Hyrja, I want to practice that trick where you dance her back and forth between buffs so she never does empowered attacks. I have seen it on video, but have not practiced it myself yet.
    Just checked my log for that "half run".
    First pull all but me triggered and died to Sanctify ... (yes, in a +16 tyrannical people with "some" score still do that apparently).
    Second pull 1 died to Expel Light + Arcing Bolt (had Prydaz, but got no heals), but 3 died to Eye of the Storm - apparently learning fights is a thing.
    Third pull they ALL died again after taking dmg from Eye of the Storm, while 3 of them needed an Arcing Bolt/Expel Light to finish them off.
    Basically the key-owner (healer) screwed up healing, while 2 dps had not enough survivability on their own and the healer himself.

Guess I should pay more attention to reading raider.io and mph - they had 0/1/3 +15s timed runs ... so basically clueless about the environment.

If the pack is 4 or less mobs we just nuke it. If the pack is 5-8 we'll kill three or four, let it drop, kill the other four. You can often let bleeds/dots finish off the last one or two of a mob so that the bursting dot from them is ticking while you move to and engage the next mob so you can keep moving.

It's really about communication and making sure your DPS monitors the health of the entire pack and knows when to focus fire and when to cleave. We usually have our tank calling out any dps pause necessary.

If its something like imps in CoS we make sure to have an interrupt rotation so we can buy ourselves the time, or we just have our healer pop a CD (and maybe us a personal depending on mob size) to survive it.

A lot of people find bursting to be "boring" but I think it feels that way because there are times you have to hold off on your best abilities so that you don't kill too much too fast, which results in lower dps numbers, which feels bad. It's really about communication and patience.

If I know it's coming, I can usually heal through 8-9 stacks with a few CDs and getting more GCDs out of the way before it starts. (Holy Pally) Most of my groups don't even acknowledge the affix's existence. The one plus side is the damage doesn't increase at higher levels, so I'm not to off put pushing higher keys.

So far I find bursting to be no big deal in coordinated groups, and full of fireworks in random pugs.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    So far I find bursting to be no big deal in coordinated groups, and full of fireworks in random pugs.
    In coordinated groups it's "what are the affixes? skittish and what_was_that?". In pugs "don't kill more, don't kill more, don't ... FK! so yeah, I procced a gazylion orbs, my healing elixir kicked in, where is everyone?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    In coordinated groups it's "what are the affixes? skittish and what_was_that?". In pugs "don't kill more, don't kill more, don't ... FK! so yeah, I procced a gazylion orbs, my healing elixir kicked in, where is everyone?"
    lol ~ I confess I was the bad boy on Arcway rats with my frost dk. Frostscythe>Frostscythe>AMS>Frostscythe>all the rats are dead easy peasy... Where did everyone go?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

If you have 2 people able to survive in your group, just zerg everything and revive the 2-3 people who will die on 7+ packs. You'll lose ~15 seconds but that'll be compensated by the fact you won't have to wait for stacks to fade with a high probability of failure if you're PUGging or if you're playing with DoT classes.

lol ~ I confess I was the bad boy on Arcway rats with my frost dk. Frostscythe>Frostscythe>AMS>Frostscythe>all the rats are dead easy peasy... Where did everyone go?
    My COS group pulled both sets of mana worms and disintegrated them. Unsurprisingly, only the pally tank was left standing. Well, I lived with cape, but that doesn't really count...

The rats are probable even nastier because of the stupid staircase making it even harder to heal.

For my group where we do around 18-20's , we tend to let the tank big pull a-lot of mobs when our healer has his cooldown up and dps them all down together at the same time. Most of the time we'll live through 10-12 stacks of bursting or lose 1 or 2 which either way is saving us valuable time in completing the dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest to stay in 4-6 stacks if you don't have coordination with healer. 4-6 stacks are healable, but 8 stacks at wrong time could be wipe. It's much easier with coordination, when healer knows what you want and can pop CDs or ask you for CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinberg View Post
    My COS group pulled both sets of mana worms and disintegrated them. Unsurprisingly, only the pally tank was left standing. Well, I lived with cape, but that doesn't really count...

The rats are probable even nastier because of the stupid staircase making it even harder to heal.
    Tbh, just let the tank go in and solo them and stand back past the corridor. Same with the spiders in Arcway. If they kill most of them and die its a net gain imo.